Those Starry Eyes

Luminous Burst: The Collection

Those Starry Eyes

There are stars in Junmyeons eyes.


There are stars in those eyes.

Jongin couldn’t even blink when he found those eyes among the crowds. Such an awkward gaze from an awkward person, but those eyes… Jongin could see stars in those dark brown orbs.

Those eyes were like two tiny black holes that were strong enough to devour all of Jongin’s attention. He felt like floating in thin air, the oxygen disappearing, leaving him breathless, but at the same time, he felt so alive. It was like he was finally alive.

Jongin let the starry eyes swallow him wholly, absorbing the time around him; he let those eyes infiltrate into his heart, giving him a million new reasons to move his feet and go to their owner.

There are stars in those eyes, and I want to keep them only for myself.

The lights were sparkling around them, music boomed loudly from the speakers at the corners of the large room of the club, but Jongin couldn’t care of them anymore. Those eyes had stolen his interest, and nothing could give it back to him.

There are stars in those eyes, and when our orbs meet, a loud bang happens.

“Hello,” Jongin started with high confident, yet the confident ran away when their gaze struck. Jongin gulped. That awkward gaze from that awkward person was beautiful.

“Hi…” the person replied. His voice was like a soft, comforting wind in the middle of the storm.

There are stars in those eyes.

“My name is Kim Jongin,” Jongin continued before the beauty of the person killed him. “Can I know your name?”

A smile appeared on that gentle, beautiful face. “Give me a reason why I should give my name to you.”

Ah, he wasn’t that awkward. There was confidence in the way he spoke—soft, but it showed clearly where this guy came from; he wasn’t from the middle-class society, he was more than that—and those eyes, again, those eyes, were sparkling. Those eyes were full of determination. This person was surely interesting.

“I need to know your name, so we can know each other,” Jongin bent down to whisper in the guy’s ear, “and then I can ask the stars about the reason of why they chose your eyes to be lived in.”

The guy chuckled. Signaling Jongin to bend more to his level, he whispered back in the bronze-skinned guy’s ear. “The Imperial, penthouse. Say the name Kim Junmyeon and they will let you in,” He moved away and smiled, “and you will have all your time to ask the stars why they chose my eyes to be lived in.”

 Jongin smirked.

There are stars in those eyes.

“I’ll see you there, Kim Junmyeon.”

And those stars are mine.