Shoes

Luminous Burst: The Collection

Shoes

Jongin and Junmyeon aren't meant to be together.


i.

We’re not meant to be together. We’re like shoes; I’m the right shoe, and you’re the left one. We walk together, run together, but we’re never meant to be together.

 

♦♦♦

 

“You’ve never looked as good as today.”

Jongin couldn’t move his gaze from Junmyeon. Jongin couldn’t move his gaze from Junmyeon’s blinding smile. Junmyeon looked really happy; of course he was really happy. Today was his wedding day, after all.

“Thank you, Jongin,” Junmyeon said as he patted Jongin’s shoulder. “You look really handsome too in that suits.”

They couldn’t have a longer conversation since Junmyeon had already had to go to the altar, where his soon-to-be wife had been waiting for him. He gave Jongin the last smile before taking a deep breath and walking away.

Jongin couldn’t move his gaze from Junmyeon. Jongin couldn’t move his gaze from Junmyeon’s back. He closed his eyes, heart aching painfully.

 

♦♦♦

 

ii.

We’re never meant to be together. We’re like shoes; I’m the left shoe and you’re the right one. We walk together, run together, but we’re never meant to be together.

 

♦♦♦

 

“You’ve never looked as good as today.”

Junmyeon didn’t want to move his gaze from Jongin. Junmyeon didn’t want to move his gaze from Jongin and end up losing the sight of his figure.

“Thank you, Jongin. You look really handsome too in that suits.”

Junmyeon didn’t want to smile. Junmyeon didn’t want to marry anyone but Jongin. Junmyeon wanted to be with Jongin, but he knew he couldn’t; they couldn’t.

It was the time for him to go. His soon-to-be wife had been waiting for him. Giving Jongin one more smile, he walked to the altar.

Junmyeon didn’t want to move his gaze from Jongin, but he had to.

 

♦♦♦

 

Jongin and Junmyeon weren’t meant to be together. They were like shoes; Jongin was the right shoe and Junmyeon the left one. They walked together, ran together, but they were never meant to be together, and they could do nothing about it.

Sometimes love could be as funny as that.