Next to You

Luminous Burst: The Collection

Next to You

Jongin only wants to lay next to Junmyeon.


Jongin missed the warmth he used to feel in his bed, next to him.

The vanilla scent he used to smell, the soft strands that used to tickle his chin, and the lithe figure he used to hold all night; Jongin missed them so much.

Jongin had been crying an ocean, but none of them came back into his arms.

He used to see those sleepy, beautiful eyes, staring back at him every night—Junmyeon’s eyes. And Junmyeon would smile, hand caressing his cheek. Junmyeon would hum the same comforting lullaby, lulling him to sleep. The softness of Junmyeon’s palm, the heat that radiated from the delicate skin, Junmyeon’s soothe voice; Jongin wanted them to come back.

But, Jongin had been crying an ocean, and none of them came back into his arms.

Jongin wanted Junmyeon to be back.

He wanted to smile at Junmyeon for the last time. Junmyeon was smiling, that time, but Jongin couldn’t even smile back at him. The pain was too much that Jongin couldn’t even see anything because of the tears in his eyes.

The time when Junmyeon’s breath was gone was the time when Jongin realized that his world collapsed. His heart screamed; it hurt so much.

And the cold side in his bed made everything even worse. No matter how many times Jongin the empty spot Junmyeon used to fill; it wouldn’t get as warm as when Junmyeon lay there. Nothing could warm it up but Junmyeon.

Jongin wished to lay by Junmyeon’s side, next to him.

He missed the warmth he used to feel in his bed, next to Junmyeon. The vanilla scent he used to smell, the soft strands that used to tickle his chin, and the lithe figure he used to hold all night.

Nothing could fill the empty spot in his heart. Nothing—no one but Junmyeon.

The cold side in his bed remained cold.

Can I lay by your side? Next to you…