Day 2 : D.O

The Expertise - 기술자들
Please log in to read the full chapter

Day2

The next morning, Chen made breakfast for me as his parents were actually on a holiday in jeju. So I just had to force feed myself of his disgusting instant food.

After that, I sat on the table right infront of the entrance, shaking my legs with impatience.

" Where the hell is he?" I was clearly annoyed.

" I dunno, let me check. " Chen ran his hands into his jean pocket , he took his phone and started scrolling with his fingertips.

" He is not feeling really well today." Chen shortly replied.

" What? He can't just inform you that today." I jumped off the table and I snatched his phone away from his grip.

" Hey give me back my phone." Chen whinnied.

I quickly pressed the dial button and put it against my ear. I held my index finger on my lips , telling him to shut up.

 

"Hello?" 

I heard sound of keyboard typing, and mouse clicking. Gun shooting and explosion in the background.

" Speak or I'll hang up!" He shouted.

I hang up the phone before he did and I threw the phone back to Chen.

" The kid is playing call of duty." I hissed.

" What? He's not ill?" Chen raised his voice , he was annoyed as well.

" Obviously, I played call of duty for three years and I know how it exactly sounds like." I snorted.

" By the way, what's his address?" I scratched my head slightly.

" Why?" He crooked his eyebrows.

" Why not?" I smirked and  I combed my hair with my fingers.

" Are we going to his?" Chen eyed me weirdly.

" DUh." I made a face at him and grabbed the bunch of keys on the same table I sat on earlier.

" What, how about the store?" 

" It wouldn't take long. Besides, you don't have any appointments today." I spoke reluctantly and lazily while spinning the keys around my index.

 

Chen finally agreed of taking me to his house after a couple of more persuasion. We arrived at a road , it was lined up by the duplicated apartment buildings. 

" which one is it?" I was puzzled as all of them looked exactly the same. 

" Number 221" I was shocked by the number Chen just told me. There's literally a hundred of these apartments. Luckily we dropped and parked in a place which was quite near it, or else we would be spending the whole day looking for the right building.

We made it to the door of his house. I pressed the door bell, so he wouldn't see Chen right away and act that he's ill. He was too focused on the game and I could see him wearing his headphones while playing the game, because that's what I do when I play call of duty. But this means, he is not going to be able to hear the door bell and who is going to answer it? Just when we were about to plan for another idea. Someone opened the door. I saw a girl who's aged around 14 , she blinked her eyes blankly and soon her face turned pink.

" Who are you looking for, oppas? " She asked politely.

I cleared my throat and smiled slightly towards her.

" I'm looking for your oppa actually." 

She looked at me and Chen for a while. That's when I thought I should have worn something neater so we wouldn't end up looking like gangsters. I could tell that she is doubting the fact why would the people like us look for his brother. The only thing that I can't really deal with is kids, I can't really communicate with them. I dont' have any hard feelings to them or anything, it's just not a common thing I am used to because I don't have any younger siblings. i am the only child and I get along mostly with the adults or the people around my age, but I never get the time to play with the younger ones. I stood there like a tree , my mouth is sealed after I spoke the first sentence.

Chen slowly walked forward and stood infront of me.

" Little girl, I employ your brother for part-time job but he didn't turn up for work so I'm checking if he's alright." 

Chen gets along with kids quite well as far as I can remember that's because he used to babysit his neighbors' children and earn some moneys for his pocket money. His family weren't rich etiher , it was between the middle class and the lower class , it was probably why I got along with him even more as we both wanted money when we were younger too.

Surprisingly the girl let us in straight away after Chen has spoke a few sentences which could be dangerous for kids as it's not right of letting strangers to your house , especially when you don't have any adult in your house . Anyways, the girl led us

Please log in to read the full chapter