Day 1 : Chen

The Expertise - 기술자들
Please log in to read the full chapter

Day 1

The train roughly took 3 hours, from Seoul to Busan.

As far as I can remember Kim Jongdae used to live near the most famous beach in Korea " Haeweundae ". I wonder if he still lives there, since it was six years ago. I grabbed a cab when I arrived the train terminal in Busan. The moment when I step out of the vehicle, I could immediatly smell the salty sea as the wind welcomed me at the same time. The weather was pleasant , better than Seoul at least. The air is already different; less car, less suffocating tall buildings moreover there's a beautiful beach right infront of me. 

I walked on the golden sand with my rubber slipper. As I walked, the sand from time to time had a chance to rub against bottom of my feet. Due to the scorching sunlight, I nearly thought that the soles of my feet got burnt off as the sand was blazing hot. Though it's somehow worth it because the chicks here are hot as f, wearing their swimsuits and enjoying themselves under the sun. At least the scene gives me strength to walk pass this awful long beach. I had a moment where I wanted to show myself off too, but I looked at myself who's still wearing a T-shirt and a pair of baggy trackies. Literally would be embaressing if i had, maybe next time ...

 

I finally made it to the other end of the beach. I looked around but everything has changed quite a lot, although I was brought up from here. If I'm right, opposite to the boat parking area there should be a store that's called " the Kim's restoration "...

Found it.

I steped into the shop and thank god there was air-conditioner as I was sweating immensely.

" Welcome to..."

A man appeared on the left corner, he was wipping a gadget with a cloth.

His jaw and the gadget in his hand dropped nearly at the same time. I chuckled at this reaction.

I wouldn't need his face expression to tell me that he is Jongdae. 

I can still recongize his face even though he used to wear those nerdy black glasses and looked like a complete whimp. Look at him now, he looks like a charimatizing grown- man.

" Surprise cousin." I smiled at him.

Yes he's my cousin. I lived in their house after my mother died a few years after I was born.

I lived with my father and I was always afraid of my father as he would come home late and drunk. Sometimes he comes home with another woman...

He would never pay any attention to me, I would rather he didn't.  He physically abused me, I abhorred him since.

He never trusts banks so he locks all his cash or valuable things in the safe. That was because a bank he put his savings got bankrupt and released the anger on my body. I missed the school for nearly a month as the bruises were too disturbing, also including the fact that he didn't want to be arrested of child abuse. 

 

One morning, I went in to his room and tried to look for the safe, it was hidden at the bottom of his closet.

It was an ordianry safe where you can picture easily, a black metal box with a silver safe wheel with numbers infront. Basically the locking mechanism is a set up wheels the and the trick is to line up notches wheels with contact points when all the notches are lined up , the lock opens.

Whenever I twist the wheel I felt the notches clicked not with my ears but with my fingers, sometimes I feel my fingers are ten times sensitive than my ears. When I finished the third notch, the safe was cracked open. I couldn't believe my eyes as I didn't expect I would be able to unlock the safe. Infront of me was a bag cashes. The door slammed open and that's when I realised that a furious looking man was standing right at the entrance of the room. I widen my eyes and he ran towards me , he pulled my hair and pushed my head forcefully against the cold hard wooden floor . He strangled my neack rigidly whilst shouting at my face, I could smell his strong alcohol breath.

" You son of a b*tch! You wanna steal my money?? like your mother who ing betrayed me? "

That was when I found my mother's death wasn't an accident or cause a disease , it was a murder by my father. No one knew with me included. People believed she was dead on the streets because of a car accident. She was planning to escape with me from the nightmares of my father as he also violated her; but he caught her as soon as we left the appartment, he slapped her across to the ground and intened to drag her back to the building. She refused of course,she ran away from his tight grip on her wrist. She ran away yet she couldn't run far, as she was ran over by a truck when she was crossing the pedestrian at the wrong time. He looked like a complete psycho with his eyes bood-shoted and stared at me with his broaden eyes, with his appalling simle and laughed constantly as he spoke the truth to me. I never felt so enraged that I hit him with a baseball bat with my last strength which knocked him out unconsiou

Please log in to read the full chapter