thank you for waiting

beginning of the end

sehun/oc

she's been gone for a while but sehun's been waiting the entire time. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He unwrapped a third lollipop, a Mango Crème, and then flicked the wrapper aside. On second thought, Sehun picked up the trash and tucked it in his pocket. It was important, after all, to avoid being a litterer in front of her.

It was important to avoid being anything but perfect for her.

That meant pushing his patience over the edge, back up and over the edge again. The sun had reached its peak since he arrived and he pulled off his sweater to reveal a tank underneath. He kept it hanging off his neck and covering his bicep.

“Sehun!”

She was at the end of the street, hands on her knees as if she had been running. He got up from the steps of her house and started walking towards her.

“I’m so sorry,” she huffed as he neared.

Pulling the lollipop from his mouth, he replied, “It’s okay.”

She raised an eyebrow. “You were waiting for over an hour. I meant to text you but I forgot my phone this morning. I’m so sorry.”

“It’s okay,” he repeated.

When she had retrieved her breath, they started walking towards his car.

“Is this a new fashion statement?” she asked while playfully flipping his sweater. His skin tingled where her fingers made contact.

He felt her lift his sweater too far up. “No, I just—”

It was too late. “Is that a wolf?” she gaped at the design on his bicep. “Whoa, it goes up over your shoulder?”

Sehun tried to push his hand through the arm of the sweater. She gave him a questioning look and added, “It’s nice, Sehun.”

“What?” This wasn’t the reaction he was expecting. He was proud that he sat through those four hours and four weeks of itching, but she didn’t seem like the person who would embrace it.

“It looks nice on you,” she repeated. Her fingers trailed along the ink across his skin, from his bicep to his shoulder blade, tracing the design. “When did you get it?”

“Senior year of high school,” he admitted. ‘Right after you left.’

Her fingers continued to trace the design and were nearing the back of his neck. He shivered involuntarily because of all the funny tingling and she retracted her hand. “Sorry,” she blushed. “It looks really good on you.”

It was Sehun’s turn to be surprised. He adjusted his cap nervously and asked, “Really?”

“Yes…it just doesn’t quite match with uh, your natural aegyo.”

“Thanks…wait what.”

She laughed and he kissed the crinkles that formed at the edges of her eyes. It was a familiar moment, one of the many that he had tucked away. “Okay, can we go now?”

She grabbed his left hand and started to walk off. “So any other body art I should be aware of, Oh Sehun?”

“Um, besides my six pack, nope.”

She looked at him dubiously. “Really now.”

“I’m working on it.”

“Shall we check the progress?” before he could stop her, she grabbed the front of his shirt. He stepped back and they play wrestled for a bit before Sehun managed to lock her in an embrace.

Huffing because wow, those tiny arms were actually pretty strong, Sehun chided, “Control yourself, please.”

She laughed, the sound like music to his ears. “Okay, okay. I give up. I can’t breathe, Sehun-ah.”

He loosened his arms and watched her fall back onto her feet. She was breathy and pink in the face from their play tussle and it was adorable. He pulled her into a hug again. Before she could protest, he whispered, “I missed you.”

“I missed you too, Sehun.”

“Thank you for coming back.”

“Thank you for waiting.”