Ch-1

Love, Thy name is.....
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

The intricately decorated, antiquated instrument was placed in the comfort of the velvet lining. The box was a little less fancy than what it held but that was the point. It was meant as a deception. Like something holding a musical instrument, something bigger than a violin case and longer than a flute. No one however, will know what it is because it was locked away and pushed to the farthest corner of the closet by the delicate hands. It will stay there, and so will its owners tumultuous past with it.

It was time to start afresh.

 

“you two ready?” Heechul fixed her white coat and picked up her bag.

“I’m ready. Ask her. she hasn’t moved from the mirror at all.” A very irritated Changmin pointed at the pretty girl who kept brushing her bangs.

“Kim Jaejoong, if you don’t move this second we’ll be late on all our first days.” Heechul scolded. The cute girl only pouted.

“but I want to look good.” Jaejoong used her puppy dog look to coax her.

“you’ll look good even if you dress up as a donkey.” Another girl said from her place at the dining table. Jaejoong gave a resigned pout and followed Changmin out the door.

Heechul turned to her sister Junsu, “okay Su, we’re leaving then. Do you have the school’s contact number handy?”

“nee-chan, I can just call any of you on your cell phones. Besides, you don’t have to be such a worrywart. My school is quite near Tohoshinki. You just take care of Joongie and Minnie.” Junsu abandoned her breakfast and pushed Heechul out the door.

“Don’t push me.” Heechul swatted Junsu’s hands from her body, “I’m the older sister. I have the right to worry. Especially when you're going to school filled with knives and pointy things.” Heechul made hysteric hand gestures.

“nee-chan, I believe she’s going there to learn how to use knife and pointy things.” Changmin retorted from their car. Heechul shot him a nasty glare.

“says the guy who gifted pepper-sprays to the three of us.” Changmin shut up and Jaejoong giggled next to him. Heechul turned to Junsu, “now listen here you. If there’s anything and I mean anything, you have to compulsorily call me, Minnie or Joongie.”

“why do I rank last?” Jaejoong queried.

“yeah, why? I’d rather call her. she’s the least over-reacting.” Jaejoong nodded at Junsu’s observation.

“we’re not over-reacting!” Heechul and Changmin hollered in unison.

“I rest my case.” Junsu high-fived Jaejoong from the window. “come on nee-chan. You’ll be late.” Heechul grudgingly sat in her car and started it.

“bye Suie!” Jaejoong waved then smacked Changmin. He rubbed his sore head and grouchily waved at Junsu too.

“bye Joongie. Don’t forget to give me updates!” Junsu waved till the car was out of sight. “right. Time to make that brulée.” Junsu turned and grabbed her bicycle to go to her culinary school. 

~~~      

Heechul stepped out of the car and took her bag from Changmin’s waiting hand.  She made sure the car was locked and they all walked to the school building.

“Right, I have to report to the principal first. You two go from there.” Heechul pointed to the main door where all the students were walking to. “I know the school year has begun, but it hasn’t been that long. You guys need to make friends but choose wisely okay.” She noticed the despondent looks on the two teens’ faces and knew they felt stressed because they have to keep looking over their shoulders now. “Hey you two, you better be going or you’ll be late.”

“we’ll see you after school nee-chan.” Jaejoong gave a small smile and turned around with Changmin.

“meet me near the car and remember what you have to do?” Heechul reminded.

“stay low.” Changmin and Jaejoong said in unison.

“and how do you do that?”

“by hiding in plain sight.” The two said again like they had been parroting it for a week.

“and how do you hide?”

“choosing the right company.” They said again and Changmin felt irritated. He took Jaejoong’s hand and stomped off while the two gave a wave to Heechul.

“Minnie, you're being too rude. She’s just worried about us.” Jaejoong told Changmin once they were far enough from Heechul.

“She keeps going off like a broken record. I can protect us.”

“she’s the one responsible for us and not you Minnie. Nii-san would kick you for being disrespectful to his wife.”

“then maybe he should have taken his wife with him.” Jaejoong pulled Changmin by his bicep at his insensitive remark.

“listen here Shim Changmin. You're not the only one who’s missing Nii-san. I do too and nee-chan more so. But she’s holding onto her promise she made to him and the least we can do is not make it difficult to her.” Jaejoong told Changmin like the younger boy he is. Sometimes Changmin forgot that he was still the youngest even if he has skipped few years and is a towering 6 ft 2 over his girls. Changmin slumped and Jaejoong knew he understood, grudgingly.

“fine whatever. Stop treating me like a kid.” Changmin pouted.

“you giraffe! You're two years younger.” Changmin didn’t retort as usual. Instead, his eyebrow quirked up.

“you should worry about yourself. You need a mask or better yet nerdy glasses.” Jaejoong didn’t make sense of what Changmin said until she took a look around. They had just entered the building when Jaejoong stopped them. they were speaking softly so no one really overheard them but what was the basis of Changmin’s remark was all the standstill students. Some were looking curiously, some were out rightly gawking and some (mostly girls) were looking on with envy. Jaejoong face palmed. It was expected. Whoever saw her the first time reacted similarly. She was after all a vision to look at. It didn’t help that Changmin looked equally handsome too. “you shouldn’t have paid so much attention to your appearance.” Changmin mocked her.

“Can you just….just let’s go find our lockers.” Jaejoong gritted out.

“hey! Don’t take it out on me.” Changmin held his hands up and turned around while still focussing on Jaejoong.

“Min, look out!” too late. Changmin fell over another person knocking over a pile of folders. Changmin rolled off the person and saw it was a rather chubby girl. Changmin came to his feet and helped pick up the files. He opened his mouth to say sorry but was beaten to it.    

“sorry. I didn’t see you.” Changmin halted when he heard the quivering apology.

“excuse me! Why’re you apologizing?” he asked.

“for bumping into you. It’s my fault. I’m sorry.” The girl replied somewhat scared of Changmin’s annoyed face.

“stop apologizing female. It’s irritating.” The girl could cry about now.

“s-sorry!”

“not agai-yah!” Changmin literally had a foot in his face.

“talk nicely you !” Jaejoong prodded Cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter