11 눈물의yesterday

Tears of Yesterday

Amber invited Taemin to have a lunch date after her tiring classes saying that only Taemin could make her weariness go away and the male agreed responding that he'd go on dates with her even without any particular reason. She was his only reason.

 

They went to their favorite restaurant, it was a new restaurant that they had been going to for the past couple of days and their cuisines were quite delicious. They were actually trying new stuffs together thinking that it was a great way to start fresh and make great new memories. Anything that was new around their district or in the mall, they would check them out spending six hours straight together in a day. They would take pictures with Taemin's newly bought polaroid camera that he let Amber keep since he was afraid to break it too soon. They would buy some couple things—like matching sweaters or keychains—even if they both hated those kinds of things. They both thought whatever they were doing was funny yet cute and that's what was keeping them from doing all the cheesiest stuffs together.

 

"Have you talked to your parents?" Amber asked when she noticed Taemin declining another call from his biological father and squeezing his phone in his back pocket. Taemin shook his head and played with his long pasta noodles in his bowl of ramyeon avoiding Amber's eyes.

"Taemin,"

"Amber noona," Taemin slowly looked at her talking all cutely and using his innocent eyes.

"You need to answer their calls. I'm sure that they'll call your parents here and bother them if you don't answer. You don't want that, do you?" Amber had better strategies than the younger.

"No, of course, I don't!" Taemin made a face feeling defeated. He fumed.

"I'll call them tonight." Taemin pouted as he leaned his elbow on the table. Amber giggled and swirled some noodles with her chopsticks.

"Finish this for me, please. Say ah." Taemin raised his head with his mouth hanging open and Amber shoved the noodles into his mouth. Amber giggled again.

 

"Chop chop! I want to take you somewhere." Amber put down her chopsticks and patted Taemin's arms.

"Where?"

"It's a surprise."

"I hate surprises."

"You love surprises."

"I do not."

"If I say you do, you do."

"Okay. I looove surprises." Taemin just agreed to make his girlfriend happy. Then he hurried eating as he was told.

 

When they got out of the restaurant, Amber covered Taemin's eyes with a blindfold and she led him to the place where she wanted to bring him. Taemin was getting nervous. He wasn't scared. Amber wouldn't bring him to somewhere dangerous. He was just really anxious.

 

Amber finally removed the blindfold. Taemin had a really blurry view and so he blinked for a few times. The first thing he saw was his and Amber's reflections. Amber was rubbing his side as a little smile formed on her face.

 

"Don't run away like last time, okay?" She murmured leaning her head on his shoulder as she stared at their reflection in the wall mirror. They were in the dance studio again.

"Promise me you won't run away." She looked up at him waiting for him to respond.

"I promise." Amber kissed him on the lips with a wider smile this time.

 

They sat at the center of the room their hands together on Taemin's lap. They had been quiet for over five minutes. Taemin's nervousness had been replaced by fear. He knew what Amber wanted to do, wanted to make him do and it still scared him. Amber wasn't pushing him to dance. She just wanted to conquer his fear of dancing again, little by little. He didn't have to dance on that exact moment. She just wanted him to remember all their old good memories there even if they were moving forward because Amber thought that some memories were worth keeping, the saddest memories even. But they only had wonderful memories in that tiny room so she thought they should at least keep those and forget the rest.

 

"Let's go?" Amber invited as she got up and dusted the back of her pants. Taemin got confused and it showed on his face.

"We've stayed here for too long. Let's go some place else." She helped him get up still with a bewildered face expression.

"We'll come back tomorrow." Amber grinned before she wrapped her arm around his.

"Sorry I rushed you last time." She whispered as they left the room.

 

The next day, they came back there again. They decided to squeeze it in their daily routine. That day, Amber played some old dance songs, the songs they used to dance to together. But still they sat down, their backs against the mirror wall. They just sat still, nodding their heads a little to the music and recalling the lyrics of some of the songs. Everything seemed so close yet so far away.

 

The day after that, they came back again. Amber played some more music but this time she was standing in front of Taemin telling him not to laugh at her because she had been working really hard to perfect what she was about to do, which was dance. She danced to Wonder Girls' Tell Me and Taemin covered his mouth trying to stop himself from laughing out loud. Amber tried to ignore his giggles. Instead, she pulled him up and wiggled their arms together making waves with them.

 

"Do you still remember the choreography?"

"Yes, but I won't dance to it."

"Why not?"

"It's a girlgroup's song."

"Ah, so you're embarrassed to dance to it now? But eight years ago, you would tease me because you danced to it better than I did." Amber put her hands on her waist and raised an eyebrow.

"I'm gonna change the song." Taemin ignored the look she was giving him and just searched for a better dance song.

"Super Junior! Super Junior! Super Junior!" Amber grabbed her phone from his hands. She had always loved Super Junior. She played Don't Don and looked at Taemin.

"Show me your moves, dance machine Lee Taemin." Amber put a hand on her waist and bended a little with a provocative look plastered on her face. Taemin sighed and walked towards the center of the room. He shook his arms and wriggled his fingers then he readied his feet as he tried to recall the dance steps. He tilted his head in both side like he was really warming up. He didn't really remember the dance anymore so in the end he danced some random moves he used to do. Random but still as great as before. Amber couldn't blink. She couldn't miss a moment of Taemin's magical movements. Magical because she just watched him in a daze. Just like the first time she saw him dance. There was obvious joy on her face when Taemin finally realized what he had been doing. He finally realized that he was dancing and it wasn't hurting him. His legs didn't hurt. And before he knew it, the sides of his lips curled up, his cheeks so puffy. He pulled Amber and embraced her tightly. He lifted her up from the floor and swirled her round and round till he was dizzy enough to stop.

 

"You're magic." Taemin said as he put her down. She shook her head.

"No, you're magic!" She cupped his face before they embraced each other again. They stayed that way for another minute or so before they started twirling and swaying around like there was no tomorrow. Taemin felt like he was stronger. His legs were firm and steady. He didn't feel like they were going to collapse. And it was all because of Amber.

 

They went home right after that because they wanted to tell Jinki about it even though they knew he wouldn't be home yet. They continued dancing on their way to the apartment not caring about the passers-by looking at them oddly and probably laughing at them. They didn't care if the others thought they were crazy because at least they were crazy together.

 

Amber wrapped her arms around Taemin's neck and kissed him on the lips. Taemin held her by her waist not wanting to let her slip away, not wanting the kiss they share to end.

 

When he finally let her go and when they continued walking towards the apartment hand in hand, still doing some dance movements, they saw Soojung standing right in front of the apartment building, hanging open in awe.

 

"W-what... what is—" Soojung couldn't form a complete sentence. Amber worriedly looked at Taemin who was also very troubled of Soojung's reaction.

"I'll go inside. Talk to her." Amber whispered before she slipped her hands away from his and rushed inside right past Soojung who was already looking at her furiously.

 

"Soojung, I'm really glad you're b—"

"What is all this, oppa? I was just away for a while!" Soojung's voice was screeching. She was furious.

"Soojung, there's no need to be mad. Jinki hyung and Amber noona didn't do anything wrong. They explained everything to me. The whole truth!" Taemin tried to calm her down with the way he spoke—excited and happy. He knew Soojung liked that. It always made Soojung smile because it was rare. But still, her expression didn't change.

"Amber noona and I..."

"Don't. I don't wanna hear it." Soojung cut him off. Well, she saw enough just moments ago. She didn't need for him to tell her.

 

"You still don't care about me or how I feel. I've always liked you. I've always made so much effort just for you to like me back. But I guess I'm just not that worth it, aren't I? Sure, I may be important to you but not as important as her, as that Amber. She'll always be right above me." Soojung was throwing her hands everywhere out of frustration. She didn't know how to express her pain and anger.

"Soojung, I'm really sorry." He didn't know what else to tell her. He wanted to like her. If he could push himself to feel something for her, he would. She was pretty and sweet, maybe a bit too mischievous for his taste but he actually liked that about her. Soojung looked beyond his stupidity and only recognized his great traits even if they were only few. And all those years of her being around helped him a lot. But sadly, he never felt that same way as she did. His feelings never grew to that level. Because, yes, Amber had remained in his heart all that time. And yes, Amber would always be much more important than her.

"Sorry? That's all you can say to me? Why am I not surprised?" Soojung's eyes were already teary. Taemin wanted to hold her but before he could even touch her, she had already pushed him by his chest and walked away.

 

Taemin sighed. He knew he needed to talk to her and explain everything but that day wasn't just the right time. Soojung needed to cool down first because he knew it could get ugly once she was mad.

 

Taemin just went upstairs to the flat. Amber gave him an anxious look. So he smiled letting her know there was nothing to worry about. Amber knew they didn't work things out but she wanted to trust Taemin on this.

 

Once Jinki came home with Jonghyun, the mood was all up again. Amber happily told the couple what happened a few hours ago. She started off with "Taem's dancing again!" exclaiming it with the highest pitch she had and as many times as she could. She was jumping up and down too. Taemin just let her be and let her tell the story. Amber then said that it was all planned out unlike before. She asked her psychology major friends about phobias or anything similar to it and how to conquer it. It was the reason why she didn't immediately make him dance the first day. It was all part of her plan. Taemin narrowed his eyes as he listened to her because he didn't know about it either. He could only shake his head as he grinned. Amber really wanted to help him with whatever problem he had and she succeeded. And with that, Taemin made another conclusion.

 

"I have an announcement to make!" He interrupted Amber while she was chitchatting with Jonghyun and as Jinki only listened at the side. They all looked at him curiously.

"I'm taking noona with me to Japan." He declared with a mighty voice and the three only had their eyes wide open as reaction. Taemin's smile became bigger.

"For christmas vacation. If that's alright with you?" He was asking everyone, not just Amber. All their shocked faces finally softened. Amber glanced at Jinki first because she felt like his opinion and permission always mattered. Jinki gave her a little nod before she looked at her boyfriend, her eyes already twinkling before she threw her arms around Taemin's neck and embraced him. Then she said "yes" and squealed that Taemin almost became deaf but he just chuckled.

 

Taemin talked to his biological parents just the night before and told them his final decision. He told them he was going back to Japan but not to stay there for good but to say goodbye to them. But it didn't mean he'd leave them or he'd forget about them. They were his real parents, they would always be no matter what. They could come visit him in Korea and vice versa. They wouldn't lose their son. He wasn't going to distance himself. He just wanted to be happy and he knew his biological parents wanted his happiness too. He's going to tell this to his other parents once they visit them there in Seoul.

 

They talked about it till dinner. Jonghyun was just basically complaining about how Jinki never took him to a trip abroad and Jinki was just trying to stop himself from hitting his demanding boyfriend. Taemin was whispering to Amber asking her if the two were always like that and she just nodded with a tiny chuckle. Taemin just realized how patient and tolerant his brother was. Jonghyun was a really challenging guy, personality wise. But then again he also realized how tolerant Jinki was of him and his immaturity when they were younger.

 

Taemin insisted on walking Amber home even if Jonghyun was offering her a ride home. The two just honestly preferred walking so they could spend more time together and maybe talk a little longer on the way. And because Taemin wanted to hold her hand so he could give her warmth through his own tiny and thin hand.

 

"I'm running." Amber suddenly stated pulling her hand from his clasp.

"Noona, stop acting like a kid." He said with a straight face but then he snorted and laughed at himself because it was something he would never say. Amber was laughing as well.

"I'm really running." Amber dashed and so Taemin just shook his head and ran after her.

 

Amber stopped in the middle of the road and looked back to see how far Taemin was from her.

 

"Continue running!" Taemin shouted from afar who was then walking because he was already too tired.

"I'm on the pedestrian lane! I'm safe here!" Amber shouted back. Well, the street was empty, surprisingly.

"Hurry up!" Amber stomped her feet and waved. Taemin smiled and walked faster. But as he neared her, he could see a glaring light striking Amber, meaning there was a car coming. Taemin looked at the left and saw a white car coming and it was going fast like it had no plan on stopping. Taemin felt like it was a déjà vu, like he had seen the same scene before. The only difference was that his life wasn't in danger but Amber.'s He panicked so he ran as fast as he could towards Amber who just froze in the middle of the asphalt road knowing exactly what was going to happen if she didn't move. But even if she wanted to move, she just felt like the soles of her shoes were stuck on the ground. She could only close her eyes as the light became brighter. A second later, she felt arms enclosing her. She knew it was Taemin.

 

The car's wheels screeched as it stopped just a feet away from them. Taemin looked at the car once he understood it halted. He saw Soojung on the driver's seat. And once he made eye contact with her she backed the car and turned it a little to avoid them before she drove away.

 

"Noona, are you alright?!" He asked pulling his head backward to see her face. He just felt like his life flashed right in front of him again. Losing Amber would be so much like not feeling his legs or not being able to walk. He would prefer losing his life than losing her.

 

She gasped and opened her eyes. She relaxed with the calming stare he was giving her. She put her hands on his back and grabbed his shirt clenching it with her cold and trembling hands. Taemin her head, running his fingers through her short hair, as he breathed in and out deeply vapor exiting his mouth.

 

<<< 

 

"Taemin, come in. It's really nice of you to visit." Taemin was welcomed by Soojung's mom. She appeared to be really contented to see him and she clearly didn't know what was going on between her daughter and Taemin.

"Is Soojung home? Can I please talk to her?" Taemin asked politely.

"Sure. She's in her room." Mrs Jung made way for him.

"Thank you." He slightly bowed and walked upstairs.

 

He could hear loud dance music through the door of Soojung's room. He knocked on the door before he opened it. Soojung was sitting on her bed, her back against the wall. She obviously didn't get any sleep the night before. She must've felt so guilty. What she planned to do was horrible and she knew that.

 

She glanced at door and when she saw it was Taemin, she immediately looked down on the blanket covering her legs. Ashamed. That was exactly what she was feeling. Taemin sat on the side of her fluffy bed.

 

"Look at me." He said softly. Soojung turned off the speakers before she slowly gazed at him tilting her head a little.

"Why?" He simply asked his eyes blazing. But it didn't scare Soojung.

"Why? You're seriously asking me that?"

"Yes, Soojung. Why? Why did you do that? Why would you want to run over Amber? Soojung, have you already forgotten that I got hit by a car six years ago? Have you forgotten how much I suffered?" Taemin was burying his fists on the mattress. He didn't want to hurt her physically. That was the last thing in his mind. Soojung slowly blinked. It didn't cross her mind, what Taemin said. And she felt even more ashamed. She closed her eyes and looked away. She couldn't face him anymore.

"Soojung, you mean a lot to me. But what you planned on doing was just awful." Taemin continued since it seemed like Soojung didn't want to talk.

"I didn't tell anyone about it so don't worry, but..." Taemin sighed heavily.

"I don't know if I could forgive you." He added, but then he thought she had not apologized yet and he wasn't sure if she was apologetic.

"Well, I'm going." Taemin got up and started walking away.

"Sorry." He heard Soojung say but he never turned his head to look at her. He just continued to walk away.

 

Taemin didn't want to lose her as his friend even after what happened. Of course, he could forgive her but only time could tell when. He couldn't even blame her for what she did because she simply loved and sometimes too much love could lead to something incorrect or irrational. Everyone made mistakes, even he did. And love was the reason they made some errors but it was also the reason they were mended.

 

<<< 

 

"Taem, hurry up! We're gonna be late!" Amber yelled at the front door but Taemin was still in his room and he wasn't answering. Amber dropped her backpack and went inside stomping her feet with so much force. She stopped at the door and put her hands on her waist when she saw Taemin rummaging around the room. He obviously lost something.

"What are you looking for?" She asked with a patient tone.

"My... my headphones." He said with a huge struggle because he was looking under his bed.

"We just bought them the other day and you already lost them?" Amber was getting a little angry but still she helped him look for them so it would make the search faster.

 

"If he's looking for his headphones, I have them." Jinki suddenly appeared.

"My life saviour." Amber sighed in relief. Jinki knew Taemin would be too reckless with his things. That was something that would stay forever so he was the one to put his things in order.

"Come on, come on. Jonghyun's left alone in the car with mom and dad and he's getting scared." Jinki put a hand on their shoulders and pressed them before he pushed them out of the apartment. Amber picked up her bag on the way out.

 

"We're not gonna be late, right? We're not gonna miss our flight?" Amber asked as they walked down stairs looking back at Jinki.

"No, no, don't worry." Jinki shook his head and smiled.

"If we miss it, Taem, I'm gonna kill you." Amber glared at her boyfriend and he grimaced.

"Ah, noona, do you really prefer going to Japan than me?"

"Yes." Amber answered straightaway without any sign of doubt. Taemin's forehead creased feeling a little betrayed.

 

They rented a van because everyone wanted to send them to the airport. Jonghyun volunteered to drive them just because. He really didn't have any reasons. Mr and Mrs Lee were quiet, mr Lee was siting next to Amber while Mrs Lee next to her baby boy. Amber was teasing Taemin for being a mama's boy(without offending Mrs Lee) but Taemin didn't mind because he was guilty of that. He just kept hugging his mother making Amber jealous. After mocking Taemin for a while, Amber just decided to chat with Mr Lee so he wouldn't feel left out.

 

<<< 

 

"You'll come back, right?" Mrs Lee inquired as she caressed Taemin's left cheeks.

"I will. Promise." Taemin nodded closing his eyes.

"Don't worry, dear. I've talked to Amber. She said she'd make sure Taem would come back." Mr Lee said squeezing the back of Taemin's neck. They just laughed. He embraced his parents firmly but as gently as he could.

 

"Behave, okay?" Jinki told Amber.

"I'll try my best." She jokingly replied so both Jinki and Jonghyun narrowed their eyes that made her chuckle.

"Amber, please, don't let Taemin walk around alone. He's still a kid. He needs supervision." Jinki was half-kidding.

"I'm his girlfriend, not his babysitter." Amber tried to clear it up.

"Yeah, but we'll never know." Jinki only wanted the safety of his little brother even if Taemin already knew the city.

 

Taemin walked towards them and tugged Jonghyun's arm sleeve.

 

"Jjong hyung, take great care of my brother while I'm away, okay?" Taemin said it like an order as he looked at the older male with blazing gaze. Jonghyun wasn't sure if he should be scared of him or not because he still looked like an adorable kid even when he was glaring.

"Taemin, I've been doing that for over two years now." Jonghyun retorted while Jinki whispered "It's the other way around." behind him. It was a loud whisper so everyone heard him and Jonghyun just glared at him before looking back at Taemin.

"Taem, you'll only be away for a month." Jinki stated after giggling at what he said.

"Yeah but one month is really long. So Jonghyun hyung, if you hurt my brother while I'm gone, please remember that I'll be back really soon and I'm gonna hunt you down and probably murder you." Taemin said with a grim tone adding to his glare and it totally scared Jonghyun.

 

"Let's go, Taem. We need to check in." Amber pulled him away to lessen Jonghyun's tension.

"Take care, you two." Everyone waved at them and they waved back with one hand and the other holding their luggage. Taemin grabbed Amber then free hand and intertwined his finger with hers as they strolled happily towards the check in desks.

 

He kissed her forehead right after they checked in with the thought that everything was finally falling into place. He had no more tears to cry and he never wanted to see Amber cry again. If he was to see her tears, they had to be tears of joy and not sadness.

 

His mom, his dad, Jinki, and maybe even Jonghyun, he never wanted to see them cry ever again because of him. He only wanted to be the reason they smile like before all the commotion happened.

 

Everything that happened in the last seven years wasn't so good. They were the saddest years but he didn't want to forget about them because without the tears they had shed, those sad happenings and the sad memories they created, he wouldn't be where he was that moment, he wouldn't have been next to the girl he only loved and he wouldn't have had the chance to come back to his real family.

 


THE END


hi

bye

kidding. well, yeah, the story ends here. I really hope you liked it. Thank you to all the subscribers, silent readers, readers who left comments, everyone. You are my joy and happiness so thank you.

Happy ending. I hate sad endings. hehe.

The title made sense right? I really tried to connect the title with the story so I hope everyone understood why that was the title.

On the other hand. I'm planning to write a KeyBer chaptered fic. But I can't think of a plot. I seriously have nothing in mind so if any of you have any suggestion, please do suggest because I don't wanna go on another long hiatus. I'm actually writing some fics but they're all one shots and whenever i have a new idea, it's always about jongyu. I love jongyu but I've read too much jongyu and they're all masterpieces and I can never put myself to that level.
So yeah, a plot for a KeyBer story please, heheh

this is goodbye

i really love you all and thank you very muchie!!!!

xdorkyx

x