MISUNDERSTANDING

Chocolate Proposal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 2 : MISUNDERSTANDING

Ding Dong!

‘Ugh?’ I took my phone at the nightstand. It shows 4 o clocks in the morning.

‘Who the hell came here this early?’ feeling groggy I forced myself up to get the door.

“Who is it?” I ask before opening the door. The air filled with silence. I look around my house just to find a box with card attached on it.

‘For you my love’ written on it. Curiosity filled my entire body so I’ve decided to open it.

“W...what?” there was a bouquet of tulips. The white one. Old memory starts to flow. It was during my birthday in October at the park.

Sungkyu came towards me with his hands on his back.

“Jinnie-ya.” he smiled brightly.

“Ummm… what is it Gyu-ya?” I ask him. Suddenly he pouts at me.

“Why don’t you call me something sweet? Umm… maybe like…. Oppa?” his face turn bright red after that word. Even he found it quite embarrassing. I look down before granted his wish.

“Arraseo arraseo… Gyu Oppa~” I didn’t dare to look at him but I can feel his gaze.

“H.how long you’re going to look down?” he chuckled before he lift my face with his finger.

“There. It is better to stare at this most charming Oppa right?” even though he tried to act cool but his face showed it all. How shy he can be with those cheesy words. Try to break the awkwardness he suddenly stands right in front of me.

“AA… umm… here.” he handed me a bouquet of tulips.

“Huh? This is for me?” I was so surprised before took it.

“Ya Pabo. Who else would it be for?” he looks away. Smiling.

“Sungkyu… You remembered. I told you I loved tulips. I’m surprised you found them this time of year.” It’s hard to get them in October.

“It wasn’t that hard… I just went around to a few florists until I found them.” he said proudly.

“Did you… Thanks! I love them!” I hugged him. He tried hard to find them just for me. I felt a hand patted my back. We parted.

“I felt it was my duty to make your wish comes true on your birthday.” he stares deeply into my eyes. I was so touched.

“Sungkyu…”

 

‘Sungkyu…’

It must be him. I look around but no one was out there. I get in and wasted my time looking at the tulips.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I still have to discuss about Sunmi’s marriage. We were supposed to meet at the Lavina hotel.

‘Umm where is Sunmi Unnie?’ I wait at the hall where the ceremony should take place.

Click!

‘That must be her’ I turn around decide to greet her. But my words stuck after seeing that the person was actually Sungkyu.

“Ummm… where’s Sunmi?” I ask him. Why he is here?

“Unnie is busy with her dress so I’m taking her place today.” he answers smoothly as he moves to sit in front of me.

“Why must be you?” I mumbled under my breath. Unaware that he could hear me.

“As you know, I don’t really like to be here especially knowing that the person in charge is you.” he spat. Those words came like a knife cutting through my flesh.

“Why am I being so hateful now?” I was so frustrated. Why did he hate me so much?!

“You’re the reason we broke up, remember?” he said crossing his arms. W…what?!

“That should be my line! You’re making up stuff Sungkyu…!” I bark back. We’re now glaring at each other.

“Didn’t you say you wanted to break up, to hide what you’d done?” he chuckled bitterly.

“Hide what I did? What exactly did I do?” I was so clueless.

 “Don’t play dumb with me.” his face turns red.

“I’m not playing dumb!” I was so angry for being accused on something that I don’t know, what do you expect?

“You cheated on me! With that guy…” he spat with satisfied face. That guy? I have never seen other guy other than him.

“No, you cheated on me. I would never… cheat on you. I was so crazy about you!” I was in verge of crying. I heard him chuckling.

“How dare you lie to me like that?” he stare deeply into my eyes.

“What would I achieve from lying now?!” my tears starts to flow. I wipe them harshly before dashed out of that place.

I went to the park to cool myself. Staring at the sky while thinking of just now event.

‘Ughhh!!!’ rubbing my face harshly. Why must he appear now after so many time! I just ran out without discussing about the wedding… how am I supposed to meet him after this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went back to the office after arranging my time with Sunmi about the hall.

“Jinnie!” my coworker Seongyeol came towards me.

“Here’s someone left this in front.” he handed me a box. I took the card that attached on it. ‘For you my love’

‘The same person’ I thought. I open the box just to be greeted by a head with blood.

“Aaaaaa!!!” I throw the box away. Seongyeol shocked at my screaming. He took the box.

“It’s a fake head. This joke is too harsh! Should we report it?” he closed the box before comforting me.

“N.no... It’s okay…” I’m still shocked from this situation. Seongyeol took the box to seek for any evidence but just to found a piece of paper inside it.

“Wait Jinnie… I think this is for you.” he handed me the letter.

‘Shocked?’ just by reading it I know that this person must be laughing at me. Who exactly are you?

“Seongyeol-sshi, can you throw them away for me?” I can’t look at it. My body filled with fear.

“Okay. But… are you sure you’re okay?” he said. I smiled to assure him that I’m okay before working on my works.

Later at night.

Knock Knock!

“Yah how long you’re going to be here.” my aunt came. I looked my phone. What… I was so busy with my work to even notice that it’s already 2 in the morning.

“Just a little bit. You go first, I’ll go home later.” I continued my works.

“Hmmm… okay, I will leave the key here. Lock everything okay Jinnie.” she said before she went home.

*4 o clock in the morning*

“Hah! At last.” I packed up everything before leave the company.

The cold air filled with silence. I walked home like always. 

*sound of footsteps*

I heard sound of footsteps. It feels like someone was following me.

‘No, no. It might just be my imagination...’

‘Or maybe not?’ I fasten my footsteps so does the person.

 ‘I am definitely being followed.’  Sweats start to form on my forehead. . I stopped my track before start to run home.

‘Why is this happening to me?’ it was so frightening. I can’t even sleep the whole night thinking of all those things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day past, I’ve been receiving prank calls almost every day. The person is still following me. I was so tired of it that I lost focused on my works. My dark circle starts to grow. I can’t get enough of sleep since then.            

“Jinnie! It’s 4 now!” my father yells from downstairs.

“Umm, it’s Sunday…”

“But isn’t it today your appointment with Sunmi?” My eyes wide open, dashing out of my bed getting ready.

“I forgot! And it’s 4?! Ughhhh I’m late.” I grab my phone to inform Sunmi that I might be a little bit late. I rushed out to the bus station. My appointment is at 5. I still have half an hour to get there. I won’t make it on time. Ughhh hope Sunmi Unnie understands me.

*sound of bus bell* I jump out and started to run as fast as I could.

“Huh...Huh... ” taking deep breath before walking towards Unnie.

“I’m sorry Unnie.” I apologized deeply. She just smiled at me but her face filled with worries. Suddenly Sungkyu rushed towards me.

“Are you okay Jinnie. You look a bit pale.” he touched my forehead. I was stunned upon his action.

“Something happen… but it’s okay, I’m fine.” I took away his hand from my head. I look away. There was someone with them.

“Hey!” she greeted me. Isn’t that Hannah?

“Hey…” I saw her holding Sungkyu’s arm.

“So I heard that you guys broke up.” I looked at Sungkyu before answering her.

“Yeah…” I just smiled at her.

“Well I sort of had a crush on Sungkyu.” Since when?

“Huh…? Really?”

“Ever since we were kids, I only held back because you and Sungkyu were together.”

“Oh… I’m sorry.” Guilty rushed through my body. Maybe if we haven’t met, they might be together since then.

“When I heard you guys broke up, I thought I had my chance. But seeing you together just now, I was worried I had a rival again.” she look a bit depressed.

“Well, you don’t. So don’t worry.” I assured her before patted her shoulder.

“Yeah… it’s just a memory now.” Sungkyu added.

“….” I’m a bit speechless after hearing his answer. Well, we are done, there’s nothing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter