02

The Legend of Athena

02

“Look Athena, You’ve been following me around the whole day. What gives?” Jaejoong asked her, annoyed and pissed off.

“You’re the only one I know here in the Squibs’ world” Athena replied with no hesitation.

“I have no idea what ‘Squibs’ mean and I’ll just ignore the fact. Go make some friends, duh” Jaejoong said as he rolled his eyes before leaving Athena in the cafeteria after pointing to a bunch of girls who laughing.

She sighed before going to the suggested group. Not even reaching a meter away, they stood up, snickered at her then left. She sighed once again, frustrated. She was tired. It had only been a quarter of the whole day she been in the Squibs’ world and it drained her energy.

“Hi, Athena Akiva, right? I’m Kwon Boa. Nice to meet you” a random girl said, sticking out her right hand. Athena looked up and saw a beautiful girl with light brownish hair that reached just below her chest.

“Yes. Nice to meet you too.” Athena said as she smiled. “How did you know?”

“Well, Athena, gossip travels fast. People branded you as the ‘Harry Potter wannabe’” Boa stated.

“I guess that includes you too huh? Who is that guy?” Athena inquired with curiosity.

“No, I’m not one of them. He’s a wizard” Boa answered.

“Really? People allowed him to reveal that? Can I talk to him?” Athena was getting excited.

“He’s only fictional. He doesn’t exist” Boa said as she laughed a bit. “What are you wearing? What are you carrying?”

“It’s my cloak. And let’s just say I need these. Okay?” Athena said, not wanting to reveal anything to her new friend. “Do you know any place I could stay?”

“My apartment has an extra room.” Boa suggested.

“What an apartment? Is it a separator?” she asked Boa whose eyes were filled with amazement.

“Let’s just tell our background and education information later...” Boa trailed off since the bell rang.

After classes, Boa led Athena to her apartment. And well, basically explained everything what Athena asked. For example, she asked what an apartment, pencil, pen, eraser, computer and electricity was. And that was just the half of the list. And of course, like a three year old, Athena was amazed by the things. On the other hand, Boa was amazed too, amazed by her innocence and lack of knowledge in the things around them.

“So you do not know what a pencil is?” Boa asked again.

“Yes. It’s my first time seeing something used to write without dipping it on ink. In my last place I lived in, we used no pens or pencils. We just used quills and inks” Athena explained.

“Have you been hiding under a rock? But anyways, where are your bags?” Boa asked again.

“Um, I didn’t bring any” Athena said and looked around the place. “Amazing. What’s this? Why are pictures moving inside this magically strange box?”

“That’s a television” Boa said as she turned her head to the right, seeing Athena poking the television strongly and hard. “Don’t do that! It’ll fall down. I’ll just Jaejoong oppa to help get my new friend some clothes.”

“On second thought, I brought clothes” Athena said after making one of her cloaks in her old closet appear on her hands. “See?” Athena showed Boa one of her red robes.

“How’d you do that?!”

“It was stuck underneath the cloak I’m wearing, okay? Stop freaking out” Athena rolled her eyes. Out of the blue, slight steps were heard by Athena. And a familiar faint smell went along with the steps. “Jaejoong is here” she said and turned around.

Right when she turned around, the door opened revealing Kim Jaejoong and two other guys. Boa, again, was amazed.

“What the….. Why is she here?!” Jaejoong pointed to Athena.

“She’s my new roommate, oppa” Boa smiled to her boyfriend.

“Seriously?” Jaejoong groaned, forgetting his brothers behind.

“You brought Junsu and Jonghyun too?” Boa Looked behind Jaejoong. Junsu and Jonghyun both smiled and turned their attention to the new girl, Athena.

“Harry Potter wannabe?” Jonghyun whispered to Boa.

“Shut up. Don’t call her that” Boa defended her.

“What are you two whispering about?” Junsu interrupted their conversation.

“Nothing” Jonghyun and Boa answered at the same time.

“Don’t flirt here, in this place, with my girl.” Jaejoong interrupted them again. Another interruption.

“Gorss, who wants to flirt with Boa noona?” Jonghyun rolled his eyes. Jaejoong glared at his younger brother instantly.

“Sorry!” Jonghyun yelled. “You people make me sick and wanna puke” Jonghyun muttered to himself.

“I can hear you, dinosaur head” Junsu whispered to him.

“Dinosaur head?! Just shut up, dolphin” Jonghyun retorted.

“My siblings are creatures” Jaejoong stated and patted Jonghyun’s head.

“At least we’re not gay” both Junsu and Jonghyun said.