01

The Legend of Athena

01

The woman gasped. The baby cried as the mother smiled with joy. The woman checked again the baby, just making sure.

“What’s wrong, Aglaea?” the mother’s husband questioned.

“The baby, sir. It holds marks. The phoenix mark on the palm of her right hand, and the griffin mark on her left. And it’s a girl. What does this mean? Never in history that the female gender holds the mark, nor any gender holds both marks at the same time.” The woman explained to the father.

“Then she’ll be the first.” The father stated with joy, knowing the powerful person is his daughter.

“Athena” the mother said.

“Pardon me” the woman said.

“Athena. The name of the first girl to hold a mark and the first one to have both marks at the same time” the mother smiled as she took a slight peek of her beautiful child who cried.

(17 years later….)

“Say that again, and you’ll die slowly yet painfully” Athena glared at the person in front of her as she opened her right palm, making the fire appear on top of her palm. The person moved back, afraid.

“I’m sorry” the person moved back yet again. The power Athena showed was no ordinary witch’s power. It was the phoenix’s power which was the strongest kind, yet Athena felt weak.

“Athena! What are you doing?!” Athena’s father yelled, seeing his daughter hold up fire at the palm of her hands, in front of another individual.

Athena closed her palm and left the scene to her room. Life was not fair, as everyone says. Her father changed after her mother died. Magic was not allowed in the kingdom anymore since her mother died due to the misuse of magic.

A faint knock was heard on the door. She stared at the wooden door. She could detect someone from a slight and faint smell.

“Leave” Athena ordered, smelling her father’s scent.

“Athena Akiva! Open the door, now!” her father stomped the door hard once. No one can break or even enter her room without her permission. She cast a spell only a phoenix or a griffin mark bearer can do.

“No. Didn’t I say leave?” she asked calmly.

“Athena Akiva!” her father yelled yet again.

She slowly took out a flask filled with lavender colored potion. Transportation potion. Not just ordinary transportation potion but the potion to another world.

She lifted her hand and ordered her black colored robe from her closet to go to her, her broomstick, wand and spell book near the end table by the door. After receiving the robe, broomstick, wand and spell book, she carefully opened the flask and waited for a drop of the potion to land on her red tongue. A drop was the only amount needed.

Slowly, light glowed from her body as everything she touched, except the ground of course, slowly disappeared along with her. Darkness overcame her senses.

After a few seconds, the darkness disappeared and she slowly opened her eyes. She found herself standing on a hallway, designed differently than the world she used to live. People ran from one end to another, men wore the same clothes as the women were wearing the same clothes.

This is their school? , Athena thought. She walked, trying to find the common room but unfortunate for her, their education style was different.

“Excuse me, can you tell where your headmaster is?” Athena asked a young male who was walking down the same hallway as her.

“Headmaster? No headmaster exists here missy. What’s up with your outfit? Been living with Harry Potter, I presume” the male snickered at her as he left. Being a high tempered girl she is, she slowly opened her right hand, about to throw fire at the male.

Something cam into her mind. Squibs*. She transported herself to the squibs’ world.  Typical, the nearest world to the wizarding world was the squibs’ world.

She followed the male before until he came up to a room filled with males and females. And one female in front, sitting on a chair.

“You are?” the female who was sitting questioned Athena.

“Athena Akiva” she told the female.

“Athena Akiva? No one informed me a new student is coming.  Kim Jaejoong, you came in here with her, right? So her to the registration office and ask if she is a new student” the female ordered the male whom Athena asked.

He grabbed her wrist and dragged her out to the registration office. He wanted this done and over with.

“This girl. What’s your name again?” he asked.

“Athena Akiva” she replied.

“Whatever. Her name, look it up if she registered to this ing school or not” Jaejoong got impatient. “Now”

After a few minutes of searching, the woman at the office said “No she is not”

“Good, then I’ll leave her to you” Jaejoong said as he started to leave.

She took out her wand and touched the computer before placing it back in her pocket.

“Wait. It appears that Athena Akiva is on the registration list, on your class with the same schedule” the woman said, amused as well was Jaejoong.

Athena smiled as Jaejoong glared at her.

 

------

*squibs- creatures with no magical powers