Ce soir with France

Louvre 1991

"Excusez-moi?!"

"God damn it, Oh Sehun. You entered me in a drawing contest simply because you wanted to take a vacation? That is so like you!"

Sehun just laughed. That little .

Minseok sighed, laying back on his couch with a sneering Oh Sehun sitting across from him, legs folded. The truth is, Minseok knew he was good at drawing. He first knew he was good when he started drawing self portraits of his mother and even his dog (occasionally). But this contest which was held in Paris....in freaking France, scared him to no end and he didn't appreciate the satisfaction in Sehun's voice when he announced that they would be leaving tomorrow.

Later that night was stressful. It took a few hours to even process what Minseok was getting himself into, and he actually considered dropping out until Sehun mentioned how cute French guys were. Cute boys were Minseok's weakness.

"Sehun...are you awake?"

"Hm?" Sehun said, clearly still asleep.

"Sehun, wake up."

"What? What time is it?"

"It's midnight."

"Hyung, we have to leave in 4 hours, go to sleep."

"I can't sleep."

Without saying a word, Sehun sat up and laid Minseok's head on his lap, caressing his hair lightly. Apparently, Sehun used to do this when they were little and Minseok couldn't fall asleep, but Minseok couldn't remember.

Getting ready for what could be the change in Minseok's career that he needed, he began packing with Sehun. Articles of clothing were thrown around the room in a hurry as Sehun was giving Minseok a simple 'yes' or 'no' to certain pairs of pants, pairs of shoes and shirts. Sehun was always the one with an eye for style so Minseok was quick to ask for advice. Once they were packed and prepared to leave, Minseok realized he left his portfolio full of his best drawings back in the house.

"Wouldn't want to forget those." Sehun said with a smirk as Minseok slammed the car door in his face before running to get his art.


On the flight, Sehun slept like a baby. Minseok was awake the whole time. He had never been on a plane before, and he once read about a story involving a plane crash so he was more or less scared less. He glanced out the window, admiring the beauty of the city so early in the morning. Minseok finally felt comfortable in his skin, and then the plane started to move.

"Oh my god, what's happening?!" Minseok yelped, only loud enough for his sleeping best friend to hear.

"Minseok, the plane is moving. It kinda does that before it starts flying. It happens. Now, please let me sleep."

Those words were not comforting (what a surprise). Minseok decided not to look out the window and instead focused on his passion: drawing. He took a napkin from the drop down tray in front of him and began scribbling a sketch of a sleeping Sehun. Minseok laughed as he drew the snoring baby, making sure to add Sehun's head leaned on his right shoulder, drooling and sleeping soundly. The sketch only took around 15 minutes to draw, but he was astonished at the similarities the doodle had to Sehun himself.

The rest of the plane ride had Minseok asleep (finally) and an awakening Sehun finding the unflattering sketch his hyung had drawn of him. Minseok smiled in his sleep as he heard a very embarrassed Sehun grumbling something about how bad of a friend Minseok was.

Minseok was awoken with a shake to the arm, and blinked a few times to clear the sleep in his eyes. Peering out the window, Minseok was speechless of France's beauty. It was just like the movies he saw on TV, he thought. Sehun then shook Minseok a second time, telling him that it was time to get off the plane.

Minseok felt overwhelmed with joy exiting the plane, and thought to himself that if this contest was won it could be the beginning of a remarkable journey for him. Minseok daydreamed about all of the places in the world he would be able to visit, as Sehun flipped a local map up and down, scanning it for where their hotel was located. After 5 minutes, Sehun gave up and handed it to Minseok, who found the hotel instantly.

"The Hôtel du Levant" Minseok said in his best French accent, making Sehun stifle a giggle.

The Hôtel du Levant was beautiful, as was Paris itself. Minseok was taking photos of it's beauty as Sehun was circling cafe's and restaurants they could go to during their stay. Their room was a white, beautiful dream. Two king sized beds with a bathroom the size of Minseok's room back home. The carpeting matched everything else, white yet with fluffy texture and Sehun instantly removed his shoes and chose his bed by leaping onto it:

"This one's mine. It's calling my name." Sehun sighed in bliss, and Minseok snorted in response.

"I guess you leave me no choice." Minseok said, sitting on his new bed which he now owned for 3 days. It was the one closest to the window, which was rather large and gave a glorious view of the city. 

"Hyung, do you think room service serves French toast this late in the afternoon?"

A/N: What did you think? What do you think France holds for Minseok? Will his art win the contest or will other factors play into it? Leave a comment!