Chapter 4: To save you

My guardian angel

After the incident that night, Jinki could hardly see his angel. Soojin was still there but she only showed up when it was urgent. And it left a big empty space in both Jinki’s heart and time. He already got use to have her by his side so without her, he always felt that something was missing. He used to talk to her when he had free time but now, he would just zone out. He couldn’t sleep, his mind always fills with things about her, especially the smile was always on her face. He admitted that he miss her, badly. He wanted to see the girl with the letter could touch his heart, the angel who was always by his side and made him smile. He tried to talk to her many times but still, she didn’t show up. Sometimes she would leave him a few notes but nothing more.

The SHINee members could notice the change in their leader. They hardly saw him eat any chicken, which was one of the most important things in his life. One month ago, they saw him checking the fan mail everyday but now he didn’t even wanna hear about that. Whenever there was something cute, they would notice a sad smile on his face. Sharing a room his him, Key and Taemin sometimes would find him sitting in the dark at night. Not to mention, Jonghyun and Minho once saw him with tears in his eyes. They really concerned about it but everytime they talked to him, he would just avoid it then walked away.

He was getting unhealthy so after a full schedule today, he felt exhausted and fell asleep right after he managed to get to his room. The other members sighed in relief as they watched their leader sleeping soundly on his bed. Whatever he was going through right now, they would like to find out soon. Mean while, Jinki was getting lost in his dream.

 

(Jinki’s POV)

I found myself in an unfamiliar white room but didn’t remember how I got in. I had this odd feeling while looking around the room.

Where am I?

_Hello Jinki. - I turned around when I suddenly heard a voice and found someone unexpected.

_Lee Teuk hyung. - I called but he just chuckled.

_Sorry, I’m not him.

_Then who are you? - I thought there was something wrong with my eyes but even after I blinked, I still saw the same man.

_Let me introduce myself. I’m Jongwoo, Soojin’s guardian angel in her previous life.

I looked at him in shock. He was her guardian angel? I was practically staring at him like an idiot, didn’t know what to say.

_Let’s take seat first Jinki, there’s something I would like to talk to you.

I nodded and did as he said. I sat down at the white couch while he sat down in front of me, across the table. I was nervous since he looked serious. Maybe he wanted to talk about Soojin.

_So I’m aware that Soojin was avoiding you?

_How did you know? - Is he still watching over her or something? I didn’t know why but I felt jealous at the thought he could see her but not me.

_Don’t worry. - He chuckled - I’m here to help you. You will meet her later but first, I want you to do me a favor… Save her.

_Neh? - I looked at him confusingly - What do you mean by that?

_Soojin must have told you that you’re also a guardian angel, am I right? - He asked as I remembered the first day I saw her - You’re living like a human because you chose to do that and that’s why you still have some power of an angel inside of you. Like me, your level is higher than Soojin and we have the special power to create a new life from a part of ourselves for once. And you can use that to save her.

It felt weird to listen to your own story but I didn’t know that I could be like that. Everything sounded so new to me that I really had a hard time to process it in my head. So let just say that I could save her, but how?

_But how could I do it if I didn’t know how? And you said that you also have the power, why do you still need me to do it?

_I would love to but I already used it. - I looked at him full of curiosity and once again, I was listening to him silently - I wasn’t able to save her when she passed away in the previous life, she was only 25 then though. And when I finally had the power, I created a boy hoping that he could meet her one day and protect her. And that boy is the Lee Teuk you’ve known. To become an angel, she had to live without a guardian angel and went through a lot already.

We both stayed silent for a while. I guessed he was just like me, thinking about Soojin. I felt bad that what I know about her was nothing compare to him. He looked like he really cares about her, a lot.

_Why do you care so much about her? - I asked, my voice full of jealousy because I couldn’t do something like that for her.

_Because I love her.

Looking at his sad smile, I knew he was telling the truth but I could feel a twist in my heart. My chest felt heavy and there seemed to be a big lump in my throat.  I was speechless.

What is this feeling? Am I supposed to feel like this? Could it be possible that … I do have feeling for her?

_Well, that’s all I want you to do Jinki - He stood up and I did the same as a natural reaction - You can do it, just believe in yourself. Ah, one more thing. Don’t tell her what you’re gonna do. She committed suicide so I don’t think she would like to comeback.

Why did you do that Soojin? How much did you have to go through already? I’m sorry that I didn’t know.

I stared off blankly at the floor, wondering why such a sweet girl likes her had to do something like that. I didn’t even notice Jongwoo was gone until I heard her voice.

_Jongwoo oppa?

 

(Soojin’s POV)

I stepped into the room, hoping to see Jongwoo oppa but instead I saw him, Jinki oppa. His eyes lit up when he saw me and I just stood there with my heart beating fast. He smiled at me, the smile that I love and miss so much. It was only a week but why did it feel so long for me? I was happy to see the happiness in his eyes again but still didn’t know how to face him, I attempted to run away only to got his hands wrapped around my wrist.

_Don’t go.

I accidently looked into his eyes and saw that all the happiness had already turned into sadness and hurt. Why did I keep doing that? My job supposed to be protect him, not hurting him. I looked away from his eyes, feeling guilty.

_I won’t. Let’s … just go out for a walk.

I felt him loosened his grip so I just slowly walked out, afraid I might scare him again as he joined me for a walk. Stepping out of the room, the blur mist hit our feet as I was just roaming around randomly. The walk was really quiet as none of us said a thing, although he kept glancing at me from times to times but I could only look down at the mist which was engulfing our feet slightly. The silent was really awkward so I decided to say something.

_Oppa, I’m sorry.

_Huh? - He stopped his track as I did the same - What are you talking about?

_Sorry for avoiding you, I shouldn’t have done that. It’s just … I didn’t know how to face you. - I mumbled, didn’t have enough courage to look into his eyes.

_No no, don’t say that. Hey, look at me. - I suddenly felt his hand on my cheeks as he turned my face toward him and looked into his sincere eyes - You’ve done nothing wrong Soojin, it’s not your fault that things turned out like this.

I felt tears welled up in my eyes so I just turned away. This was the first time I could admit my mistake and someone told me that it wasn’t my fault. In my whole life, I’ve never once could admit my mistakes with people. But when it wasn’t my fault, people would just blame me even if I admitted it. Why does he have to be so good like that?

_Just don’t leave again, I need you by my side Soojin-ah.

I turned back at him confusingly. What do you mean by that?

_I don’t really know how to do this but I can’t let the chance slip away like this. - He stepped closer and shocked me as he took my hands in his - I really need you, my life won’t be complete without you. You’re the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen and you’re the best angel that I could ever get. Please, let me protect you and make you happy just like how you did to me. Soojin-ah, saranghae.

Tears started to stream down my cheeks as I couldn’t hold it anymore. I tried to convince myself that it wasn’t a dream but still, it was too good to be true. At that moment I felt a strangely strong warmth from his hands run through my body as both of our bodies started to glow.

What’s happening?

*****Flashback*****

As I was about to go off with the girl name Jihye, Jongwoo suddenly called me back.

_Soojin-ah, I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to protect you and have to let you went through all that. But don’t worry, someone’s gonna do that for me now. He wills make you happy Soojin.

He paused and I just looked at him confusingly.

*****End Flashback*****

He started to lean toward me as my body started to feel lighter and soon we were floating in the air. I closed my eyes as I felt his soft lips on mine. Then Jongwoo oppa voice rang through my ears.

“Get ready to be reborn”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I said that it was 4 chapters right? But seem like I have to split it into 5! Well, that's mean the next chapter will be the last, I will have to say goodbye to you guys soon :((