Chapter 2: I’m your new guardian angel

My guardian angel

(???’s POV)

_Oppa, she’s here.

I turned around and found Jihye, an angel that works for me at the door. She’shere?

_Really? Where is she? - I asked with a smile.

_She’s in the waiting room number 8. - She simply replied.

Finally, I got to see her again. How long have it been already? I couldn’t remember anymore. I could still remember the last time I saw her, she just punched my arm playfully telling me not to cry and we would see each other again someday. And with a smile, she waved me goodbye and disappeared from my sight. I wondered if she still remembers me but of course, how could she? I stepped toward the door and ready to go out before Jihye nudged me.

_Yah oppa, look at your face. You’re smiling like an idiot. Are you really that happy to see her?

I just smiled at Jihye’s question and ruffled her head which made her pouted. And with that, I stretched out my wings and flew away with her behind. When we got to the room she was in, I told Jihye to wait for me outside. I slowly opened the doors, trying not to make a sound as my heart started to beat fast. And then I saw her, sitting on the couch while her eyes roaming around the white room. She still has that innocent look in her face. She didn’t change at all, except for the pair of glasses on her face which I thought it was really cute. Taking in a breath, I gathered all the courage and called out her name.

_Soojin-ah.

She turned her head toward my direction and gasped in shock. Chuckled, I should have known that she would react like this.

_You’re… - She uttered.

_Annyoung, I’m Jongwoo. - Seeing the confusion in her face, I chuckled again before continued - You thought I was the guy name Park Jungsu or so called Lee Teuk right? I’m not him but he’s part of me though.

Her eyes widened again and I just have to laugh at it. I just love what she does with her face.

_So anyway - I stepped toward and sat down at the chair in front of her - I came here to tell you one thing. Since now you’re already here at the heaven, there’s a mission for you. From today, you will be a guardian angel.

_What!? Me? - She pointed at herself - A guardian angel? … But how can this be?

_Soojin, you have enough qualify for a guardian angel. Just believe in yourself okay?

I reached for her hands and squeezed it lightly which made her startled a bit but then she smiled at me. Oh how I miss that smile.

_Okay, I will try. Just don’t shock me anymore.

_About that, I’m afraid there’s still one more thing. - Seeing her expression, I quickly added - But it’s a good one! It’s about the person that you’re gonna guard. Believe me, you’re gonna love it.

She eyed me carefully as I pulled out a picture from my vest pocket and gave it to her. She stayed silent for a moment, looking at the picture speechless.

_You’re not … joking right? - She looked at me in disbelief.

_Do I look like I’m joking? - I smiled at her before turned toward the door - Jihye-ah!

I called Jihye and told her to take care of Soojin. My job is done here. I said my last few words to her before once again, she was smiling and waving goodbye at me. I kept my eyes on her until she disappeared through the cloud.

I want you to stay with me again but that wasn’t my destiny. Go find your happiness and be happy with him. I love you Soojin-ah.

 

(Jinki’s POV)

It was only 8 in the evening and I was sitting boringly at the dorm. Minho didn’t come back from Dream Team yet while Jonghyun, Key and Taemin already went out to buy groceries. They just left me alone. They freaking left their leader alone! Sigh. There was nothing interesting to watch on the TV so I was practically staring blankly at the ceiling. Normally I would just go off to my bed and take a nap but surprisingly, today I was totally wide awake.

Maybe I should go out and get some fresh air. Yeah, how come I didn’t think about that earlier?

And with that, I wore my jacket, putted the cap on and wrapped a scarf around my neck before headed toward the door. At first I was just randomly walking around the neighborhood before decided to go the park nearby. I could see couples everywhere. They were holding hands, hugging each other or just laughing together. It made me feel a bit jealous. You know, I have to concentrate in my singing career instead of having a girlfriend. Now to think of it, I have never once experienced the feeling of love before and it only made me feel curious. How would it feel like to hold a girl’s hand? Could I smile all day like an idiot just to think of a certain someone? And, would my heartbeat go wild just to feel someone lips on mine? I could feel my face flushed at the thought I was kissing someone. Right then I found an empty bench and decided to sit down. Maybe I shouldn’t think about those things right now.

_Oppa, what are you doing here?

I looked up at the sudden voice and found a girl standing in front of me. She was pretty girl in a white wool dress that reached her mid-thigh, the long sleeves that reached her thumbs displayed a cute style which really suited her. But how come I didn’t see her coming? Snapped out of my thought, I managed to speak up.

_Do I know you?

_Nah, I don’t think so. But I’m sure that I know you. - She smiled at me.

Oh my god, did she recognize me? I got a bit panic, thinking that she might be some crazy fangirl which gonna pound on me at any second. But all she did was standing there and smiled at me. Maybe I was just exaggerating things. Noticed I was staring at her, she just gestured for me to say something.

_Who are you?

_Me? - She pointed at herself, the smile never left her face - I’m your new guardian angel.

I widened my eyes at her, shocked with what she just said. Guardian angel? Could something like that really exist? I was sitting at the bench totally speechless. There was something really weird about this girl.

_You don’t believe me, do you? Fine, watch this.

I saw her looking away and I followed her gaze to found a couple was about to pass by. The next thing I know, she was walking toward them and started to make a funny face. I wanted to stop her but all I did was looking at her in shock. And oddly enough, the couple didn’t seem to notice her at all, instead they were looking at me weirdly so I quickly turned away.

No way, maybe they were just busy talking with each other, that why they didn’t notice her.

I tried to convince myself, blaming my eyes and all stuffs instead of believe in that. But then she appeared in front of me again.

_Still not believe? Then how about this?

This time, I swear that my eyes were about to pop out of my head when a pair of wings speared out from her back. Her whole body was glowing slightly and I couldn’t help but stared at the beauty. I thought I was dreaming when her giggles brought me back to reality.

_You look so funny, and cute too. - I thought I just blushed at her words - It’s cool right? I couldn’t believe that I got something like this too.

I just saw an angel, and she wasn’t any angel at all. She’s my angel, my guardian angel. I continued stare at her as she stopped glowing when her wings shrunk back.

She’s so beautiful. Oh snap out of it Lee Jinki. Say something!

_Did you just say that you’re my new guardian angel? What does that mean? - Oh yeah, what does that mean?

_Ah, about that. They told me that you’re also a guardian angel yourself, that‘s why when I was assigned to protect you, I would be your new guardian angel.

_But if I’m a guardian myself then why do I still need you? - It may sound stupid to ask but I’m just curious.

_Uhm - She suddenly darted her eyes away from me for the first time - I forgot to ask them about that.

She forgot to ask them? Could angel be like that? But before I could say anything else, my phone rang and interrupted us. It was Key.

_What is it Key?

_ “Hyung, where are you? We went back and saw Minho but he said he didn’t see you.”

_I’m at the park nearby. Don’t worry, I’ll be back in 15 minutes.

I closed my phone and started to walk back but stopped once I heard footstep behind me. I turned back and saw her smiling at me again. Oops, I almost forgot about her.

_You’re coming with me?

_Of course oppa! I’m your guardian angel, remember? - She smiled at me playfully.

_Right. - I felt so stupid asking her that question but then composed myself - What should I call you then?

_Hmm, you can call me Snowy.

I blinked at the name. Somehow it seemed familiar to me but I couldn’t figure it out. It was getting awkward as none of us said a thing so I just turned my back and walked straight the dorm with my guardian angel, Snowy, skipping happily behind.