I'm just gonna keep on waiting (maybe you'll stop confusing me)

All I Want For Christmas (is a very hot fake boyfriend and lots of confusing events).

Okay, see? It's still christmas eve so I basically did it and published another chapter <3 This one's longer, though.

Next one will be up in two days, please, wait for it, comment and... well, MERRY CHRISTMAS <33

Please, frogive me for any possible mistakes, I'm dead and I can't proofread it. But I will :x

enjoy!

____________________

So, as he already said, this was ridiculous.

Sunggyu stared out of the window, partially from boredom and partially because he certainly did not want to look at Woohyun who, with peaceful expression and just a hint of mocking smile, was now driving them to Dongwoo's family mansion.

The brown haired man sworn that him accepting the crazy offer of his boss was just a temporary mental breakdown. Who knows what could happen? Woohyun, altough well mannered and smart was also kind of short-tempered and sarcastic. For all Sunggyu knew, he could just go around and insult every single person in the room, just for the sake of showing Sunggyu his place.

Well, he could just hope it wouldn't happen. Especially not when all he tried to do for the past years was to appear normal.

The thing is, Sunggyu was never lucky when it came to relationships. He didn't let it show, but he was insanely insecure about his looks, which succesfully stopped him from trying to catch anyone's attention. All of his past boyfriends (three, to be exact) came up to him by themselves, flirting, laughing, asking out and basically doing just the right thing. Because, altough cold and composed outside, Sunggyu was really easy to fall in love.

So it went like that, boys trying, him developing feelings too fast for his own good... and it always ended up the same.

They would say he's boring, stiff, not spontaneous enough, not what they were looking for. And he would be left all alone – again.

And then there was Howon. Even if they both agreeded it was a mistake, it still didn't change the fact that relationship with him was the nicest out of all Sunggyu has had in the past. True, it lacked the spark, something special that would solid it and make them true lovers... but he felt respected and secure enough to stop hiding in his insecurities. When they decided to end things, he was less sad about the general idea of break up and more depressed because he knew that there would be no other person like Hoya.

And he was right. For the years after their parting he was not met with someone that would understand him so much and make him feel good about himself.

He was NOT in love. He knew Hoya was better off with Dongwoo, he knew what was between Hoya and himself wasn't the stuff everyone was so hyper about, not the real thing.

He was just... numb.

Because everyone else seemed to live their happy ending and there he was – stuck in the same place with the same problems, always on his own.

 

Sunggyu dared quick glance to his side. Woohyun was still driving quietly, not trying to start a conversation, just looking ahead, smug and confident as ever.

That was one of the reason for Sunggyu's current mood. His boss was every thing he himself wasn't – open, charming. He had absolutely no problems with getting something (or someone) he liked.

But, even if there was a whole lot of envy in Sunggyu, he also couldn't understand how a person, seemingly so nice, could be so awful at the same time.

Because for all Sunngyu knew, Woohyun had a boyfriend.

It was no secret, honestly. The tall and weirdly pretty guy worked for their company, on the same floor but in the different department. They weren't so obvious about their relationship, but on several ocasions Sunggyu saw them hugging, overheard their pet names, and once even eavesdropped on their conversation that told him all he needed to know.

 

(It was an accident, honestly. Because of a broken lock, Sunggyu was stuck in the print room. And it just happened that the print room was right next to the office kitchen. And Woohyun with his boyfriend happened to stroll right through it, talking about private stuff.

... too handsome. Wait, let me get the chips.”

You're so stupid, Yeol.”

That too.”

Stop. You are hot and pretty and don't let me start on your ...”

Woohyun!”

Seriously. Stop bringing yourself down. If someone will say you're not worth of such boyfriend, I will personally kick them out of here.”

You shouldn't let...”

 

Rest of the conversation couldn't be heard, due to the couple leaving the kitchen. But it gave Sunggyu pretty good idea about what they were.)

 

Of course, the brown haired man knew Woohyun flirted with pretty much everyone. And his boyfriend, Sungyeol, seemed to uderstand that as well, he must have even accepted it, if he didn't say a word.

But this, going with Sunggyu to a completely private event and pretending to be his lover. This was on a whole another level of not-okay.

 

“We're almost there.”

Sunggyu once again looked at Woohyun. This time the man had a curious expression, as he looked out, admiring beautiful buildings they passed.

Dongwoo lived in Seoul, just like them all, but his family owned a beautiful mansion out of the city – and that's where the happy couple decided to hold their party. Not only was the house capable of hosting so many people but it had the warm, christmasy feel to it. Exactly what they would need for a christmas eve engagement.

As they continued to drive through the village, Sunggyu felt himself getting more and more anxious. He was happy to see everyone, but having to pretend to have a new boyfriend... that would complicate everything.

As if sensing the sour atmosphere suddenly emerging in the car, Woohyun carefuly placed his hand on top of Sunggyu's tight and patted it slowly.

“You'll do well” he muttered awkwardly. “We'll do well”.

Sunggyu didn't respond. He could only pray they would get out of there alive and somewhat okay.

 

“Hyung! You're early. I was expecting you would come about five minutes before the party. Two hours is a surprise. Dongwoo hyung will be happy.”

They both barely got out of the car as young, tall and insanely handsome young man came up to them, embracing Sunggyu.

“Myungsoo! I thought you would be too busy with your mysterious man to greet me. Good to see you're not.”

Woohyun rolled his eyes. Of course he recognized the man as Sunggyu's boyfriend, the one bringing him lunch every week... the one that was not supposed to be here.

All of sudden he felt useless. What he was needed for if his cute employee had a rel boyfriend at his side? Everything he planned went to hell because someone couldn't make up their mind?!

He couldn't help himself so when Myungsoo held out his hand to greet him too, he ignored it.

“Woohyun-ssi. I've heard a lot about you”. Myungsoo, not at all discouraged, flashed him a smile. That made Woohyun even angrier.

“Well, I did not heard about you” he scoffed, sending the man his most hostile glare. “Unless you count in the information that you will not attend this party.”

That earned him a confused look from both, Myungsoo and Sunggyu.

“When did you hear such a thing? We didn't talk about Myungsoo.” The eldest furrowed his brows.

“You said your boyfriend would not be here.”

Their reaction surprised Woohyun. He expected excuses, not a burst of laugh.

He silently watched as the men before him cried and almost fell down giggling uncontrollably. Yeah, funny it was. Especially when he remembered how angry and sad Sunggyu was when speaking about his boyfriend. What changed?

“You, idiot” the brown haired male spoke, finally getting out of his laughing state. “That brat here is my brother not my boyfriend. Why am I not even surprised with you?”

What? A brother?

Woohyun gave said man long, measuring stare. He looked nothing like his supposed sibling! Sure, there were both good looking, but in two completely different ways. Where Sunggyu was cute, Myungsoo was handsome. Older gave of the cuddly feeling (if he was not murdering with his small eyes) while younger looked mature and manly.
Some brothers they were...

Uhm. Sorry. I must have misunderstood something.” Woohyun finally said, trying to save the rest of his pride, even if he knew it was alrady gone when Sunggyu teared up from laughing too hard.

Of course you had, we can see that. So, Myungsoo” - the man turned to his brother, getting more serious. “Where is your boyfriend? Howon told me you're bringing someone so I suppose it's your hidden lover. When will I meet him?”

Never” the younger spoke. “He's not here.”

What? Why?”

Oh give me a break” Myungsoo rolled his eyes. Now Woohyun could see some resemblance between them. “He couldn't come, besides, it's not like you want to get to know him. You just want someone you can share all my embarassing moments with.”

And that's the perfect reason to meet him, to be honest” Sunggyu shrugged. “Okay, let's go then”.

They quickly got their bags and started walking towards the house.

 

Woohyun walked slowly behind the brothers. He was expecting surprises but surely not THIS. Now everything was different and he didn't know if the whole mascarade seemed like a good idea anymore.

It wasn't supposed to be like that. When he came up with the plan, offered to go with Sunggyu to this party, he was sure that the other one had a boyfriend. And that was good – something could hold him back.

Because, the truth is, Woohyun really needed something to keep him from getting too close to Sunggyu, from trying again and again to get his sympathy and approval and maybe from becoming his friend. He knew everything he'd do to achieve this would turn out to be useless – that's why he didn't want to waste his time (and hurt his heart). When the brown haired man had someone (or when Woohyun thought he had) everything was simpler. Now?

Now there was no good reason not to try, and that was really worrying.

 

The three men climbed up the stairs leading to the big, wooden door, which Myungsoo opened confidently like he was the one that owned the place. Woohyun looked around, trying to take in as much of the beauty of the interior as he could, but something that seemed to be really fast, loud and pink lightning stopped him.

Said thing, or rather a person, sprinted up to Sunggyu, hugging him hard and shouting inconherent bits of words.

The latter just smiled (another person who could make him smile so easily, good job Woohyun, you ) patting the other man's back.

Yeah, Dongwoo, nice to see you too”.

But hyung, I thought you wouldn't come! I'm so happy you did and with a boyfriend too, I'm so, so soo happy you have no idea”. Dongwoo finally let go of Sunggyu and stepped back, immediately linking their hands. “Howon is happy too”.

That kind of woke Woohyun up. He realised that the man before him was indeed new boyfriend of Sunggyu's ex. He quickly analysed his features – and the thing he could tell for sure was that this Dongwoo and Sunggyu looked nothing alike.

Yeah, I am too. How are you doing?” Sunggyu laughed a bit awkwardly, altough he didn't seem to mind the loud behaviour and constant skinship coming from the pink haired male.

Good. Great” Dongwoo smiled, jumping slightly and laughing in a weird but addicting manner. What was he, seriously? “Tell me about you hyung, I didn't hear from you! And you!” suddenly he turned to Woohyun, staring at him for a moment before showing him a big grin. “You're hyung's boyfriend!”

It wasn't a question, but Woohyun nodded nonetheless.

Yes. I'm Nam Woohyun, nice to meet you.” He decided on introducing himself politely. Who could know what that pink weirdo hid behind the smile.

Apparently nothing, as he took his hand and shook it with suprising amount of strenght.

Great. Good” he repeated. “Okay, I gotta go, Hoya's waiting for me. See you at the party!” with this, Dongwoo turned around and run away.

They stood together in silence, before Myungsoo chuckled, smiling softly.

Yeah, Dongwoo. As you see, he missed you, hyung.” Then he looked at Woohyun. “I'm not even going to ask about this boyfriend thing. I don't think I want to know. Come on, I'll show you your room.”.

 

After they found their room (spacious bedroom with one king-sized bed, of course, they were boyfriends now) Sunggyu started preparing for the party. He wanted to show everyone that not only was he over Hoya and Dongwoo but he had also ended the sad part of his life. He had a hot, successful boyfriend, nice job and everything that matters in life.

Even if insecure (or because of that) he knew exactly what to do to look kind of good. So when two hours later they showed up in the dining room, ready to face whoever thought could bother them (and holding hands because boyfriends did that stuff, Woohyun said) all eyes were on them.

The party was held in form of a banquet, with people holding their drinks, walking around to chatt with old friends and from time to time grabbing fancy little snacks displayed on the tables pushed up to walls. Sunggyu decided that yes, they needed some alcohol to handle this, so the second he spotted a tray full of tall glasses with colorful liquid, he steered them in it's direction.

Which ended bad because the second their hands touched the glasses, they heard someone clearing their throat behind them.

Long time no see, right, Sunggyu-ah?”

They turned simultaneously, only to be met with a sight of good looking man (seriously, did everyone here had to be so handsome?) that looked straight at Sunggyu with mix of bitterness and amusement.

Joon-ssi. Yeah, how have you been?” Woohyun might be mistaken, but he couldn't help the feeling that Sunggyu wasn't happy to see this guy. And it was only confirmed when the brown haired man scooted closer to him, tugging his arm to circle his waist, just the way it happened three days ago.

It of course didn't go unnoticed by the stranger.

Just fine. I see you have some new companion. Finally got a date?”

Yeah, please, meet Nam Woohyun, my boyfriend.”

Woohyun made sure to squeeze his hand exceptionally hard.

I see. Good for you. How long had it been since you broke up with Hoya... four years? I've heard you haven't been in a relationhip since then.”

Woohyun tried hard not to look surprised, but he couldn't help the almost inaudible gasp that left his mouth. Four years? Why? Sunggyu assured him that he never loved Howon in the first place, not in this special kind of way. So why was he single for so long?

Yeah, I...” Sunggyu tried to say something, but Joon cut him off.

Please, don't explain, I'm sorry, I had no right to say such a thing.”

Yes, it's not your business so please, leave Gyu alone”.

Once again they were surprised when yet another voice interrupted their conversation. This was a rather pleasant encounter though, because soon beside them stood Dongwoo and unknown, well built and hot (Woohyun gave up, they had to be aliens, no way group of ordinary friends would have so dashing looks) man.

Joon forced a smile, nodding slowly. “Yeah. I think I'll go.”

I think so too” said the nameless guy who Woohyun assumed to be Hoya. He fitted the brief description Sunggyu offered him before they came to the mansion.

(“He's manly, doesn't speak much and is a bit too overprotective about the ones he loves. You'll notice”)

'A bit' seemed like an understatement. If he's so sensitive about people bullying his ex, Woohyun didn't want to see what happened to those who tried something with Dongwoo.

 

After the four of them was left alone, Dongwoo exhaled loudly, looking apologetically at Sunggyu.

Sorry hyung, we had to invite him. I had no idea he would actually talk to you, not when you were with Woohyun...”

Who I am yet to officially meet. Hi.” Hoya cut in, extending his hand to greet Woohyun. Now, when he smiled, he didn't seem so dangerous – in fact, he could even pass as cute.

I'm sorry you had to see this .” He continued.”But our families are friends. I couldn't not invite him. Even If all I want to do is...”

Okay okay, spare the details honey” Dongwoo patted Hoya's back, smiling. “We hate him too, let's just forget him and have fun, okay?”.

Not to kill your mood, but... who was he?” Woohyun said, wthout thinking.

Suddenly Sunggyu looked like someone punched him hard in the face. Noticing that, Hoya gritted his teeth. Before he could react, though, the eldest of them spoke quietly, looking at the floor.

He was my boyfriend, for a really short and ty time. As you might have noticed, he's not the nicest.” A faint blush of embarassment painted his cheeks. Of course a looser like him would attract only the biggest s, what did he think?

Woohyun kept silent, looking at Hoya. He saw how angry the other was and decided not to pry any further.

What's going on? Guys?” Myungsoo, apparently observing the whole situation from afar, came up to them, stopping beside Howon.

 

As the others immersed themselves in light conversation that was supposed to make Sunggyu forget about meeting Joon, Woohyun started analysing the pair in front of him. Myungsoo and Hoya – as Woohyun assumed, the two that were the closest to his cute employee. Even if different in many aspects, they gave off a similar aura – both quiet, confident, sure of their actions. Was that the type that drew Sunggyu in? Well, Woohyun didn't have that – in his eyes, he was nothing out of ordinary. Sure, he posessed some interpersonal skills, but not the kind that made you aware of every wrong word you could say.

That thought worsened his mood. First, he gets to know that Sunggyu is in fact single, but still isn't interested with him (when did it became about being interested or not...?). Then he sees his ex-boyfriends and sorry, but how could he compete with them? (Okay, he wasn't scrawny or ugly but come on, he was pretty sure Hoya had like, a six-pack.) And now he realizes that he's as far from Sunggyu's type as he could get.

He didn't even notice when the engaged couple and Myungsoo left them. What brought him back to reality was Sunggyu, looking at him in a way he couldn't describe.

Sorry” he said simply, still looking Woohyun in the face.

As you have a reason to be. Come on,a jerk is a jerk, you don't have to apologize.”

But it made you uncomfortable and I'm sorry”.

 

Woohyun just stared in his eyes, as something inside of him broke. Without thinking he grabbed Sunggyu's wrist and turned around.

What are you...”

We have to talk. Come on.”

Ignoring the curious glances they attracted and hushed whispers that erupted behind them, Woohyun led the brown haired man out of the hall and to their room.

He had to say some things.

If not now, he would never gather the courage to do this later.

 

As he opened the door in a bit too brutal way, he could feel Sunggyu flinch. Realising how the whole situation must have felt for the man, he decided to keep things calm.

Silently, he tugged the male to the bed, gesturing him to sit down as he did the same.

After few minutes, he finally spoke.

Sunggyu. I don't know what happened in the past... and I know I'm not in the place to speak as I'm not close to you. But you never have to apologize to me for ty people that have nothing to do with you anymore, okay?”

Sunggyu nodded, opening his mouth to speak, but only after the third try he managed to say anything.

It's not... not that you're not close to me.” Woohyun tilted his head. He wasn't prepared for something like this. “It's just that I envy you. I wish I could speak so freely, be so respected and admired.” Sunggyu looked at the wall in front of him, not confident enough to meet his fake boyfriend's eyes. “I never had that. All of my relationships were just mistakes. Nobody cares, not really. All people I have around me are either my family or already taken or just not interested. I got used to it” the laugh Woohyun heard was the most heartbreaking thing ever. “But it never stopped hurting, you know?”

It's not that amazing. Being everyone's favourite person.” Woohyun cupped Sunggyu's cheek, now determined to get his point across. “Because really, how many of those people know me? None. They just kiss up to me because I'm important, because I can make their life easier. You are actually the first and only person that didn't give in to me... even if I tried to make you.”

He watched as the beautiful eyes he stared at become bigger. The brown haired man tilted his head, not knowing what to say.

But..” Sunggyu started, his lipsnervously. “I thought you hate me?”

I never said so and I could never hate you. Not when when you are so perfect.”

 

It happened faster than Sunggyu could react. One moment they stared at each other, surprised with sudden confessions that changed everything... and the next they were kissing like their lives depended on it. It wasn't particulary sweet or romantic or hot, but it was perfect for the moment – full of understanding and slowly burning passion and everything they couldn't say but was hidden in them.

Woohyun entangled his fingers in Sunggyu's hair, bringing him closer. He was desperately waiting for some kind of response, because right now the kiss felt too one-sided. Not that Sunggyu stayed still – he was just passive, as if too self-concious to actually move.

So Woohyun decided to help him. One of his hand wandered to the man's waist (he could tell he already took liking to that position) and started caressing his back.

And that was the wrong thing to do.

 

Sunggyu, altough responding shyly, was having a mental breakdown. Here he was, kissing his boss. Whom he hated until a few days ago. Whom he always considered attractive, even too attractive.

But the most important thing.

He was kissing his boss who was already in a relationship.

That thought made him break the contact and get up. For the first few seconds he just stared, not finding the words to express his messy state of mind, then he decided to just say something and go.

You. Just... How dare you? Don't you have any shame?” He couldn't help it, making any sense was too much in this moment. “Cheating? Really? Do not touch me and do not talk to me out of work and I thought I was mistaken but you really...”

Not finishing, he marched to the door, opening them the same way Woohyun has before.

I'm going back alone. Please, forget about what happened.” Sunggyu had thrown him one last look before turning around and almost runnig out.

 

Woohyun could feel the pain creeping up on him, but for that moment he was mostly confused.

Cheating?

Shame?

Mistaken?

What the hell was going on with Kim Sunggyu?

 

_________

I seriously love Dongwoo.

And just wait for the appearance of Yeol, I love writing that choding <3

see u!