There is just one thing I need (namely, to be left alone)

All I Want For Christmas (is a very hot fake boyfriend and lots of confusing events).

Ta-dah!

Sorry for possible mistakes. I'm too tired to read this one more time xdd I'll try to read it later to check for any typos etc. (I did it once, but It might not be enough)

Enjoy and puh-lease, leave some comments. It counts as christmas presents from you, guys : D

 

___________________

This was ridiculous.

The most ridiculous situation in history of all stupid happenings in Kim Sunggyu's life... and he has had his own fair share of those, thank you very much.

 

But if he tried to explain to someone how did he end up going to his ex-boyfriend's engagement party in a luxurious car owned by his sent-from-the-pit-of-hell boss – he simply couldn't. Everything happened too fast, was crazy, confusing and not Kim Sunggyu's style at all.

And Nam Woohyun was the one to be blamed.

 

3 days ago

 

Kim Sunggyu”

Eye roll. Grimace of utter displeasure. Muffled groan.

The brown haired man didn't know how to be any more obvious with his strong dislike towards his boss. He already balanced on the thin line of being politely disgusted and simply rude.

How the hell did Nam Woohyun not see the clear signs?

Unwillingly, Sunggyu turned around on his chair and faced the slightly shorter man with black hair.

Yes, boss?”

 

It had all started about three years ago, when Nam Woohyun, previously a higher manager in one of the company's branches, was promoted to be the head of the whole department Sunggyu was working in.

At first everything went smoothly. Sunggyu did not have to deal with his new boss, since his work wasn't that important – he just did his job, reported to Woohyun's secretary and went home, happy that all awaiting him were nice, warm cup of coffee, his cat and maybe a good book or a sappy drama he secretly loved so much. Everything seemed perfect.

And it was, until one day someone decided that he should reach out and 'challenge himself'. Oh, a challenge it was. Not only did he have to do much more work than before (luckily, for a much better salary) but said work was to be discussed regulary with Woohyun.

Now, that was a problem.

Not that his new boss was particulary repelling. Quite contrary – the nicely built, young and far too handsome man was also smart and charming. Perhaps too charming.

That's what caused the red light in Sunggyu's mind to light up every time he had to face Woohyun. He just hated this kind of people. People who had to do as much as look, wink, smile or say the most simple, cheesy thing to sweep someone off of their feet.

 

So, without any further contemplation, he started to hate Woohyun.

 

With time, it became obvious for him that the strong dislike he developed on the spot was actually justified. Beause Nam Woohyun was a flirt, a terrible man that knew everyone, laughed with everyone, befirended everyone and, the worst thing – seemed to be liked by everyone. Especially women. Now, that was not a type of person Sunggyu would appreciate.

So their cooperation was going terribly wrong. Of course, the required work was done well and on time (because Sunggyu was a professional, okay, he would not let such a petty thing affect his performance) but the amount of quarrels, teasing and ocsasional shouting surpassed any limits a sane person should have.

(Who is sane anyway, for sure not the guy who let Woohyun be on such a high position).

 

 

That's why any form of polite contact was almost impossible between those two. Which caused a lot of problems, especially around Christmas.

Every december, Woohyun would hold a huge Christmas party, where all of his employees could bond while having a good time.

And every year Sunggyu was struggling to find a good reason not to come. And he actually managed to successfully do so for the past three years. First time, he had to visit a sick friend on the other side of country, (It was true. Well, partially – Sungjong catched a cold... but that is considered being sick, right? Also, he might or might not live just an hour away from Seoul... but that's not Woohyun's business!), then he had to babysit his baby brother, because their parents went on vacation (Myungsoo is actually twenty-three. But it's Woohyun's fault he fell for it – Sunggyu's brother was bringing him lunch at least once a week – it was pretty obvious he could take care of himself, Woohyun was just too ignorant to notice) and, finally, last year he himself was too sick to attend the event (Really. He felt like dying, and to top it all off – he had to take care of himself on his own, since all of his friends were too busy to help him. Well, that's lonely life for you).

This year, he had a pretty good explanation too.

Except, for the first time, he wished he wouldn't.

 

Yess, boss?” Sunggyu forced a smile, looking at Woohyun with half annoyed and half tired eyes. He was sure his boss was here to discuss Sunggyu's presence at this year's Christmas event. And he was already so full of the topic he felt like vomiting every time he thought about it.

Well, I'm sure you know why I'm here” oh here it comes. “You didn't respond to my invitation”.

That's because I cannot attend. Sorry”.

Now it was Woohyun's turn to roll his eyes. He was tired of Sunggyu's attitude – he already tried so hard to break the cold atmosphere between them. But the small-eyed man was making it impossible.

He let out a sigh, pulled a chair for himself and sat beside his worker, tilting his head.

And why is that?” he asked, rising his eyebrows.

Sunggyu avoided his piercing glare, considering his options. If he told the truth, he would come out as sad, pathetic human being that run away from difficult situations. If he lied... well, there's a limit to one's imagination. We wasn't sure if he's capable of making even one more good excuse.

I'll be busy trying to disappear from this world” he blurted out the first thing that came to his mind.

Now that attracted Woohyun's attention.

You were much more creative for the past years, Sunggyu” he snarked. “I expect more of you. Let me ask again, Why is that you cannot attend?”

The brown haired man rubbed his cheek. The hell, he might as well tell the truth. He was sure Woohyun can't dislike him any much than the already does.

Okay, but it's kind of a long story” he started, not sure if he's supposed to spill everything right now or maybe wait for a better moment.

The same question seemed to appear in Woohyun's mind, as he stood up abruptly, stretching his back.

So let's go someplace else. We have time. You better tell me everything or you will come to the party, willingly or not.

 

That's how they found themselves in the coffee shop across the street. The place, very crowded in the morning, when all office workers went out for their caffeine fix, now seemed different. They picked a cozy corner of the shop, right beside the window, but secluded enough to make their conversation private.

And so the suffering of Sunggyu begun.

Okay, so this is kind of lame” he said unsurely, not knowing where to start.

He was sure his boss would mock him, but suprisingly, the man kept quiet. Only his eyes had the look of curiosity and slight amusement.

He decided to continue without any other comments. The faster he would be done, the faster he could go home and not worry about this whole thing anymore.

Basically. My ex-boyfriend is having his engagement party two days before our company's Christmas one” he tried to explain the issue as best as possible, without having to reveal all details. “I can't go there, obviously. But I also can't go to your event, because one of his friends is working in our company. If he'll see me there, he will tell to Howon that I did not come to his party on purpose. Which will make me look like a pathetic idiot that is not over him.” He finished lamely, hoping that Woohyun will buy this scenario without any unnecessary questions.

He didn't. Of course he didn't.

Wait, I'm confused” Woohyun scratched his head staring at the table as if looking for hints. “I guess you aren't over him then?”

Of course I am, you moron!” Sunggyu exclaimed, forgetting for a moment that this moron he's speaking to is actually his boss. “Ughr, it's much more complicated. See...”

He closed his eyes for a second.

Ughr, screw it. He might as well tell him everything.

I was with Hoya, or Howon, that's his true name, for about six months. But we knew each other way longer, for as long as I can remember, actually. We got together because it was simple and safe choice... after the six months we knew it was a terrible idea to start with, so we decided to go back to being friends.”

He sighed. That was not the best time in his life (not that everything else was better) and he didn't like talking about it.

But the thing is... Dongwoo, his current boyfriend, got interested in him while we were still together. Of course he didn't try anything, he's too good for that.” Now that must seem weird. Him, speaking so highly about the guy who more or less stole his boyfriend... but well, Dongwoo was just like that. Too noble and too sensitive to be blamed. “But the attraction was there. So, after me and Hoya broke up and him and Hoya started dating, he sort of started blaming himself for the whole thing”.

For the first time during his speech he looked Woohyun in the eyes. What he saw surprised him – instead of mocking, he was given a rather warm and sympathetic look. That was weirdly encouraging. Unsettled with his own sudden feelings, he decided to finish the story.

So it's like: Me and Hoya are still friends, not as good as we used to be, but friends nontheless; Dongwoo blames himself for tearing us apart, no matter how hard we assure him that we just didn't click together... and I” Sunggyu paused for a second. “I don't want to go there alone, because I know Dongwoo's special day would be spoiled if he saw me all single and seemingly unhappy.” Well, he was unhappy, but Woohyun didn't need to know that. “I already asked everyone and none of my friends can go with me. So I won't go at all.”

 

They sat together in silence. Sunggyu was surprised he said everything so easily (to Nam Woohyun of all people. He must really be desperate not to go to this jerk's party if he's spilling his guts to him.) and that he yet wasn't teased and laughed at.

But he did receive a weird look, followed by confused humm.

 

Okay” Woohyun said after a while. “But I don't get it. Why don't you take your boyfriend?”

He was not expecting the ice-cold stare that almost killed him. But it was truly confusing! He himself saw an incredibly hot man that brought Sunggyu lunch every tuesday. And the brown haired man called him baby and hugged him, even if he was known to hate any kind of skinship. Why couldn't he just take him?

Woohyun would kill himself before admitting it out loud, but first time he saw Sunggyu embracing the unknown, handsome guy, he was jealous. Jealous that someone can make him smile so much that his eyes disappeared (not a hard task), that someone can make Sunggyu feel so comfortable and at loose. No, he wasn't in love or something. He just hated being worse than someone... and in this case, he definitely was. Because let's be honest, all his efforts to warm Sunggyu up to him has brought him only more arguments.

(Okay, there may be a little bit of attraction, because the small eyes and puffy cheeks are just so cute but he also wouldn't say that, like, ever).

Very funny indeed. If you're here to say things like this, we may as well finish up and go.” Woohyun looked up to see Sunggyu's angry face.

He decided not to pry anymore, even if the topic of misterious, ignorant boyfriend was interesting. Instead, he decided to clear the situation up.

Let me sum this up. You won't go to my party because this... Howon's? Party is a no-no, and if you go to mine, everyone will know and new boyfriend of your ex will be depressed?” Woohyun asked, hoping he didn't miss anything important and ignoring how stupid the question sounded.

Sunggyu nodded his head.

Yeah, more or less. It sounds silly but it's much more complicated. I just can't go. Sorry. I'll leave first.”

He took his jacket and scarf and started getting up, when a warm (too warm and too big and a bit too strong for his liking. Damn, did everything about Woohyun had to be too much?) hand on his arm stopped him.

His boss stood up, looking him in the eyes. With satisfaction Sunggyu reminded himself about one thing in which Woohyun was inferior to him – height.

That didn't matter much, though, because right know the fierce look in his boss' eyes made up for every inch.

Wait. You said you can't go alone. So, you just need a person to go with you and preferably pretend to be your boyfriend?”

Sunngyu nodded. He didn't like the direction this was heading in, especially when he saw a smirk forming on Woohyun's lips.

The hand on his arm disappeared, instead he was pulled closer to the black haired man (he did not let out a very girly surprised squeak. Not. At. All.) by a strong arm circling his waist. (When did it go there?) Smirk changed into full blown grin.

That couldn't end well...

I'll do this. I'll go with you to this engagement party and then you'll go to the christmas one. No need to thank me, I know I'm awesome.”

 

...And it didn't.

 

______________

I just love Dongwoo soo much T.T he's not my bias but djksfjkdbhjs he's such a sweetheart.

I hope you liked it <3 next chapter in two days, stay tuned!