Jiyong's Sacrifice

Our Pack

Jiyong knew what had happened the moment the wolf had brought their former lover back to the house. It seemed his pack had forgotten about his connection to all of them, he was in no hurry to return though.  He didn’t need to return to know what was going on he could feel their emotions. Daesung’s worry, Seunghyun’s happiness, and Seungri’s fear.  He chuckled as he shook his head, the Maknae had acted without thinking again, he had no idea the problems he had caused for the man who was now trapped in a dream state.

He couldn’t really blame anyone but himself for what had happened he hadn’t told them why they couldn’t go after Taeyang. He had just told them to leave the fallen one alone and let him live the life the hunters were giving him. He knew eventually they would send Taeyang after him, he had prepared himself to live up to the image he knew they had planted into his love’s mind.

Jiyong closed his eyes focusing on the longest thread in his heart; the one he knew connected him to the one that had been with him the longest. It was frayed and weak but it would always connect them.  Feeling the pain and fear he shuttered opening his eyes as he walked over to the bed.

“Leave us and gather the others in my room it is time we talked about what has happened here.”

Jiyong’s voice was calm even though he felt like a hurricane was raging inside him. His own emotions mixing with the ones of those he loved. Seeing that the merman hadn’t moved he glared flashing his fangs his voice growing colder as his rage started to leak out.

“I said get out!”

He would apologize later for his harsh tone but it served its purpose as the merman got up and ran from the room. Jiyong swallowed hard as he looked at the man lying deathly still in the bed, it was hard seeing the usually active man like this. He started to reach out to check the man’s pulse before shaking his head and putting his hand down.

“He’s immortal no matter what they have done to him, you know he is still alive.”

He mumbled to himself as he climbed onto the bed squeezing himself against the headboard. Taeyang was immortal but Jiyong knew he needed to stop the damage happening in his mind before it was too late. Being gentle he moved the man’s head so it was laying in his lap placing one hand over each temple.

He closed his eyes again focusing on the thread again, he imagined himself as a tight rope walker carefully crossing over into the pitch black darkness. He frowned it seemed they had done more damage than he thought they had, he knew in his heart that no one could ever repair it all.

With his eyes closed he didn’t even notice the reddish tear escaping from his eye as he focused on what he needed to do. He took a moment bracing himself before pushing all his power through his hands repairing some of the damage.  He took a deep breath he didn’t need pushing more power into his old friend, before jerking back a howl of pain escaping his lips as the thread snapped.  He opened his eyes looking down at the man his heart broken; their Taeyang was lost to them forever. They would have to work hard to win Youngbae’s heart.

Knowing their lovers would have felt the connection snap Jiyong got up after placing a soft kiss on the sleeping man’s forehead.  Lost in the numbness filling his body he made his way to his bedroom, right as he reached the door his legs gave out sending him towards the ground. Instead the smell of the sea filled his nose and strong arms were wrapped around him carrying him into the room where the others were waiting.

“What the hell was that Ji?” Seunghyun’s deep voice demanded as Daesung sat the vampire down on the bed.

“The only way I could save him was to sever his connection to us.” Jiyong explained softly turning his head towards Seungri who was afraid to approach the bed.

“I am not mad at any of you for what has happened. I should have explained to you why you had to leave him alone after they took him from us.”

The three men shared a look before the Dragon and the wolf moved over to the bed pressing as close as they could to the vampire. The dragon pulled the vampire to him offering his blood to the smaller man as he looked at the other two.

“They took his wings.” He explained to the other two as he felt the fangs sink into his neck.

 

----------------------------

We are getting closer to the couple chapters each paring will be getting their own exploring their past and how they are handling what has happened to Youngbae.