Part 3/3

The Last Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days pass by quickly and for Taeyeon it was too quick. Taeyeon had visited Jessica every day, just like before but as the other gets weaker, Taeyeon felt scared and worried at the same time. And even now, she can’t visit every day as Jessica’s condition is getting worse day by day. Without Jessica, Taeyeon felt empty. Jessica is one of the reasons of why Taeyeon was very eager when she just woke up, and when she’s going to sleep.

Taeyeon didn’t know why but every time she didn’t meet with Jessica, it felt like her other half is missing and that’s why today, Taeyeon went to meet her older brother, Kim Minseok. Her brother was a deaf too but just like her, it was because of an accident. Her brother isn’t too close with Taeyeon anymore as her brother actually lived in China, but now that he’s back, Taeyeon didn’t want to miss the chance to ask him about the strange feeling.

The door of her room opened, and a young man in his 20’s come in. Taeyeon stood up from her bed and hugged him warmly. Both then sit on her bed, and Taeyeon was actually nervous of how she should start her worries. She started typing something on her phone and then she sends it to Minseok.

‘Oppa, I have something to ask you. It’s really important!’ Minseok reads her message and he raised his eyebrows at Taeyeon before he started typing on his phone.

‘What’s the matter, Tae? Is it really important? What is it? Just tell me and I’ll try my best to answer it.’ Taeyeon reads the answer and she quickly types her problem and sends it.

‘Oppa, I feel so weird. Father tells me to accompany one of his patients and so I do it. Her name is Jessica, she is a mute and unfortunately she also suffers leukemia. I never felt strange with her until 2 weeks ago. I start to feel something more than just a friend when I was with her. My heart keeps beating so fast when I’m with her, and 1 week ago, I… kiss her. I screw it…’ Minseok’s eyes widened at the message and he saw that Taeyeon’s face was filled with sadness. He quickly types his answer.

‘It’s okay, Taeyeon-ah. People made mistake, so you are. You shouldn’t blame yourself.’ Taeyeon show Minseok a small smile as she reads Minseok’s reply.

‘But now I really didn’t know what to do… I’m scared.’

‘Sure, you’re scared but it’s okay. Taeyeon-ah, you’re in love. You’re in love with Jessica. No matter how much you will deny it, it’s still true. Why do you think you kiss her if you didn’t even love her?’

Taeyeon looked up to Minseok who was smiling widely at her.

‘Now, Tae, go and see her! Before it’s too late and you’ll regret it!’ And with those words, Taeyeon jumped from her bed, slammed the door and hurriedly goes to the hospital.

--

“Jessica?” Taeyeon asked, half whispering. Taeyeon’s eyes widened as she saw the girl in front of her. Jessica was now very pale, very thin and she looks even weaker. And without she realizes it, a tear escapes her eyes, followed by many tears. After any days, she didn’t visit her, she expected to get at least a hug, but the worst had happen. She broke down as she falls down on her knees. I’m a horrible best friend, Taeyeon thought to herself.

Someone opened the door, but Taeyeon didn’t hear it as she continues to cry on the floor. Regret and guilt had washed her. Regret for not visiting her and guilt for not visiting her too. Someone tap her shoulder and as she looked up, it was her own father. And in instant, Taeyeon hugs her father.

“Dad, what happens to J-Jessica? What happen here?” Taeyeon asked him, voice almost inaudible as her father should lean in to hear her. Taeyeon cry and cry harder.

‘Her condition is getting weaker and tomorrow we will send her to the States. There’s a little chance of her to not die, but let’s just believe in miracle.’ He put up a smile and wipes away his daughter tears. Taeyeon felt lost, she felt that her other half has dead. Taeyeon stood up abruptly, and walks away from her father. Hurriedly she grabs her bag and left the room, leaving her own father dumbfounded.

“No… This can’t be…” Taeyeon muttered under her breath while wiping her tears away. She keeps walking straight, didn’t care about any other things. She only wants to be alone, definitely. But it’s when, something bad happen.

--

“W-where am I?” Taeyeon asked herself as she tries to sit up but she can’t. She tries to lift her head, but as the pain came through her body, she chooses to stay in the bed. She looks to her left and right. There’s nobody in the room. The room was surrounded by 4 big white walls, and that’s when Taeyeon realized where she is. It’s the hospital room. Suddenly a b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter