The past

Pretence

[Trainee test in SM practice room, one whatever-day in 2007]

Amber hates .

Yes she said it since she was 12 and it’s still freaking a fact. How her sister and her classmates back in LA are so eager to explore “the nature’s secret” remains a big fat question mark to her. Just imagining a boy and a girl clinging and lip-locking and stuff makes her sick in the stomach and throw up every now and then.

So how the hell can that hamster sing such a suggestive song like nobody’s business?

Come on, it’s so ewwww! “I want all of you tonight”??? “Give me” freaking “everything tonight”????

“WHAT A TORTURE!!!” While every girl is busying undressing the boy in their d i r t y minds, Amber is having a tremendous mental breakdown. Tell her, what should she choose: run to restroom to clear her innocent ears or vomit right in front of Mr. President? Oh wait, throw up right at his arrogant smiling face seems a better idea.

No sooner does Amber decide to stand up for her little revenge than the horrible song stops. “Maybe the Goddess of Luck is seduced by that moron, or God decides to save his sorry ”, Amber huffed in annoyance before sitting down.

The next movements happen too fast and too swiftly for her little brain to comprehend.

Is that a violin that he’s playing?

Is this angelic sound really derived from his performance or from heaven?

Long gone is his cocky expression, replaced by a loving smile that is as peaceful as a pure lake. Long lashes overlaying white flawless skin and mocha cheeks make him look like a white chubby Snoopy.

A snoopy plays the violin like a master!

Amber knows is wide open like a huge cave. In the back of her mind, some voice reminds her to close it before a fly flies by, but seriously her brain still cannot function properly, not when wallowing in such a masterpiece…

AND NOT WHEN THAT MASTERPIECE IS DANCING LIKE A MACHINE!

Oh dear God those moonwalk and popping are so on point and DAMN SMOOTH! The heavenly music hasn’t stopped, which means he freaking dances and plays the violin at the same time! HOW COOL!

Wait.

Did she just call that snoopy “cool”?

Eh, why is she betraying her own precedent thoughts?

Oh screw it! Who cares? The matter right now is that Amber is having a hard time with her jaw dropped on the ground and her gaze cannot tear away that stupid talented hamster.

“Hey, can I sit here?”

Oops, the performance ended without her knowing and closing . Worse still, there’s only one space left which is next to her, which means the Snoopy has to sit next to her. Unfortunately for him, Amber Liu isn’t ready to share.

With her lowest and deadliest voice, she whispers to him, not forget to bonus unreal huge eyes:

“You can see me? How can you see me?”

His face suddenly gets pale as if a flood has just washed through it and his blood pressure is dropped to zero. All he can reply is incomprehensive mutters:

“Y…you are g…gh…”

“Ghost. Yeah. It’s great that you can see me, my lifetime companion.” Still with that scary innocent whisper, she replied. Poor boy! His eyes nearly pop out of  eyesocket and he looks so ready to run away from the Earth, until Amber finally can’t hold it and roll on the floor laughing like a buffalo.

“Really, such a fool!” This keeps echoing in her head all the way she comes back to dormitory, chatting happily with him, the stupid Snoopy aka Henry Lau.