Chapter 1

Cryptic Confession
“So many fans are here!” I exclaim at the sight of hundreds of BANAs waiting to meet our group, B1A4. The fans squeal as each of us emerge and take our seats at the table.
 
I can’t help but smile knowing how much my hyungs and I make them happy. We're currently at a fansigning event, waiting to meet those who support us.
 
One by one, a fan approaches each one of us at the table shyly, most often than not a girl. They have a moment to talk to us and we provide our signature.
 
Everyone in our group is delighted to meet our fans, but by the end of the day, we are all exhausted.
 
I stand up and stretch, then leave briefly to use the restroom. When I return, the others have already left the table and are chatting amongst one another about how the event went.
 
I'm about to join them, but I stop when I notice something really strange. A pink sticky note has been left on the table, right in front of where I was previously seated.
 
I approach the note and look at it curiously. On it are four simple words, written neatly:
 
I love you Gongchan
 
I feel my face heat up slightly at the love confession present on the paper in front of me. I pick it up, fold it neatly, and place it in my pocket. It would seem wrong to discard something like this, especially on the spot.
 
“Come on, let’s go!” Jinyoung encourages, and we all follow him out.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
In celebration of the end of the long fansigning event, we decide to stop at a restaurant for dinner.
 
“I can’t wait for the food to come!” Sandeul shouts, holding his chopsticks eagerly in his hands.
 
When the waitress comes back with our meals, we all pounce hungrily onto each of our plates. We savor each bite of our food, pleased with the treat we are enjoying at that moment.
 
“I think today was successful,” Baro speaks. He puts a piece of his entrée in his mouth.
 
“I think so too!” I agree. I slide down in my chair, relaxing as my stomach begins to feel full. I rest my hands casually inside my pockets, and upon contact, wonder what the object inside my right pocket was. My hand grasps the paper and brings it up, and I then blush remembering what it is.
 
“What’s that, Gongchan?” Baro asks curiously.
 
I look down. “Um, just something I kept. Someone left this for me at the fansigning event.” I unfold the paper and hold it out so all of the other members could see it.
 
“Looks like Gongchan has a secret admirer,” Sandeul declares.
 
“Doesn’t Gongchan have thousands of admirers though? This must be one lucky fan to have you keep her note.” CNU points out.
 
I nod. “Yeah, you’re right. But I think this is special. And it does make me happy.” I rest my chin in my arm.
 
“Oh, so you’ve fallen for your secret admirer, haven’t you now maknae?” Baro teases.
 
I quickly return the note to my pocket and focus on finishing my meal, attempting to hide my own blushing face.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I'm resting on my bed while the others are busy elsewhere in the dorm. I once again take out the piece of paper and stare at it. My hyungs are right; I have so many fans that tell me that they love me, yet here I am, curious about this particular one.
 
I wonder who she is. When did I meet her at the event? What does she look like?
 
Climbing out of my top bunk, I return to the floor and walk up to my dresser. Gently, my fingers press against the sticky portion of the note and adhere it to the edge of the dresser.
 
I smile at my little display. It’s so simple, yet it makes me so happy. I know that the others would make fun of me about it later, but this way I'd be able to see it and remember just how much I am loved by this person.