Sweet bitter kiss

Pretty Age 18

Back at Naeun’s birthday party, everyone was talking happily and chatting outside, Naeun had changed to a party dress and was having fun with her family and friends. She went to get her phone as she wanted to take pictures of everyone, she entered into the small room where her blazer was, she could hear her phone vibrating. Frowning she put her hands in her blazer coat and got it out. She realised that it was from Jinhwan, ‘Hello?’, she said as she picked up the phone. ‘Where are you?’, asked Jinhwan, there was something strange about his voice. ‘Ah I’m at Saensun Hall near Hongdae’, said Naeun. ‘I’m coming in 5 minutes’, Jinhwan said. ‘What?’, said Naeun, but Jinhwan had already hung up. Naeun clutched her phone tightly, why was she feeling uneasy? He probably wants to give me a present or something, thought Naeun shaking off an uncomfortable feeling that was bugging her. She turned around and walked outside glancing at her phone then shaking her head slightly.  

Naeun was waiting for the call from Jinhwan again. As she nervously started fidgeting it vibrated again, immediately she picked up, she knew something was up because Jinhwan’s voice had sounded different when he had called her before. Before he could say anything she said, ‘I’m coming out right now’. She walked out of the hall and went towards a silver car that was parked at the curb, she could easily tell that it was Jinhwan’s car. Jinhwan leaned against the door as he glanced up. He smiled, ‘You look really pretty today’, he said. Naeun punched him lightly on the shoulders, ‘I thought something bad had happened to you’, she said annoyed as she saw Jinhwan’s smile. Jinhwan got a small box out of his pocket, ‘happy 18th birthday Naeun-ah’, Jinhwan said smiling. Naeun took the present and noticed that there was a little note attached to it. ‘That’s all, goodbye’, he said as he waved to Naeun. Naeun however couldn’t notice the sadness that was slowly creeping inside his voice. As Naeun watched Jinhwan walk back to his car, Naeun opened the letter, before she knew it she was reading a goodbye letter from Jinhwan. She stared at the letter for a good 30 seconds before running towards Jinhwan’s car who had just started up the engine, in that moment Suga and Jin appeared behind, ‘Where are you goi-‘, started Jin but Naeun ran off towards the car without glancing back. Suga realised that it was Jinhwan’s car, ‘Hey, Naeun!’, shouted Suga but Naeun had opened the door and got inside Jinhwan’s car. Jinhwan looked at Naeun is surprise. ‘What are you doing here?’, he said. Naeun looked at Jinhwan. ‘What’s wrong? What’s going on?’, she demanded. Jinhwan then knew that Naeun was able to read his emotions. ‘Get out’, Jinhwan said to Naeun. Naeun didn’t budge. Jinhwan then started the car and started driving, Suga was shouting from outside. Jinhwan expected Naeun to open the car door however, she still stayed in. ‘Are you not getting out?’, asked Jinhwan as he continued driving. Naeun shrugged, ‘I don’t want to’. After that Naeun didn’t say anything throughout the drive.

They stopped at Han River, both stayed in the car. There was a silence between them. ‘You must really hate your parents’, Jinhwan said all of a sudden looking outside. Naeun looked at him in surprise. ‘No?’, she replied back. Jinhwan looked back at Naeun. ‘But they lied about pretty much everything about your life’, he said. Naeun gave a small vague smile and shrugged, ‘Well I knew I lost my memories ages ago, I accepted that. Also I could understand why they did it from their point of view’. Her eyes seemed sincere and truthful. Jinhwan smiled, ‘That’s why I like you’, Jinhwan said leaning back against his seat. Naeun looked at Jinhwan. She remembered that night when Jinhwan had told Naeun about his family problems, at that time Jinhwan thought Naeun was sleeping, but after that day he never mentioned anything about his family ever again. Jinhwan looked at Naeun intensely, ‘You must really think badly of my family’, he said, looking at her. Naeun smiled, ‘No. No I don’t, everyone is different, whatever problems you have in your family have not got to do with me, I should mind my own business’, she said laughing at the end. Jinhwan looked at Naeun. ‘Do you seriously mean that?’, he said surprisingly. Naeun nodded and laughed. ‘I don’t care about that kind of stuff, as long as you’re a good person that’s all that matters.’ Jinhwan narrowed his eyes. Naeun looked at him smiling. ‘You don’t believe me?’, she asked, her eyes sparkled prettily. In that moment Jinhwan leaned in, since there was no space to move and even if there was Naeun wouldn’t have, because it was too sudden and too fast.

Their lips brushed against each other. Naeun went still, even though it was only for a few seconds, Naeun could feel something about this kiss. It was sad, almost painful. Jinhwan pulled away and then said, ‘I’m going to America in two days’ time’. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Omg I wanted to take my time writing this chapter but my mum kept calling me to help her with the cleaning ;-; BUT THEY KISSED. Huehuehuehuehue. 

Sorry for the mistakes present in this chappie ;-; I'll write a better one tomorrow c: <3