II: Deceitful, Rain and Job

The Lost Ship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She looks into the files on the table, few of it is about her wife behaviors. She curses under her breath, nothing new to her and still it is hurting her like hell. She keeps asking herself of what is lacking from her more than one time, confuse of why her own wife dares to do things like these to her. Girls call her a passionate lover, she does her job very well, people of the company loves her to the death and her friends are the true friends who tell her the hurtful truth than ease her with beautiful lies.

Pictures of how her wife passionately kiss some random guy in front of the hotel, then pictures of her wife seducing a girl younger than her and much more. The Vice President of the Park Trading Company is frown at the truth. She does not do anything, she is tired of confronting her wife, the beautiful Park Gyuri. The perfect doll for the President's daughter. 

Their wedding causing a big ruckus, since the Republic of Korea does not acknowledge the same couple, moreover a marriage between them. They are married at the State, legally and witnessing by their parents.  

At that time, Chaerin's parents already warn the girl if she really thinks Gyuri is the only one for her. And Chaerin nod, she thought Gyuri is her other half, the woman thinks she can flip the world with. Someone who is worth to fight for, until she was facing the truth two years after her marriage that pretty is overrated and beautiful girl is deceitful. 

"Everything about her is all lies... I fought for a wrong life..." She muttered under her breath, sip a good Campari with soda at ten in the morning. 

She still hoping, she still loves Gyuri and hates her at the same time. And still asking a lot of questions about what is lacking her. She was no longer crying, but she still clenches her chest whenever their short memories took a glance on her brain, memories she wants to stop and erase from her brain.

"What? You see this crap again?" Chaerin looks who dare to enter her room without knocking and seeing her best friend Hyoyeon walking with a food in her hands. 

"Unnie..." 

"You know this isn't healthy Chae..." she drops her body on the chair and put the food on the table, "she never loved you, it was her curiosity that gets you in the first place. You're her perfect trophy Chae. Her winning prize, she was never crying over you. She laughs at your face, don't be like this..." 

"Like this what?" 

"For God sake Chaerin! You need to move on! Your in-laws already said so!".

"I still miss her, miss us." 

"You bloody idiot, it's fact that she doesn't miss you!!".

"What is your point here?".

"To give you food, you know you'll upset your stomach if you keep drinking alcohol in the morning on empty stomach," Hyoyeon spat in front of Chaerin. 

The only one who can really speak her sarcasm to hurt Chaerin. They are friends since high school, Chaerin was too fast on graduating her Junior high, and Hyoyeon has one year rest because of her accident and makes them in one good year together. Since that, they are really a good friend of a friend. Including another fast to graduate Seo Juhyun, her innocent sometimes make Chaerin and Hyoyeon lost their temper.

"Where's Seobaby?" she asks.

"She is in Busan, working for another case," Hyoyeon answering her best friend's question.

Three of them working at the same company, Juhyun is, fortunately, managed to be a good lawyer and has been working in the legal team of the company for a seven good years, she is the same age as Chaerin. Still not married and never show any interest for both genders besides than sweet potatoes. 

While Kim Hyoyeon is the manager for Europe region, making sure that every transaction is legit and credible after the Marketing department does theirs part. Her intuition gives her a lot of opportunities in her years at the company, every deal she close always hit the market in a very efficient ways. She still asking to have Australia in her region, she is interested in the wine and cheese the country can produce, and some other dairy products. 

"Ah... And what's in it?".

"New cheese from Paris, it's still on test, but I cook a few and use it to make you a cream pasta with truffle," she said, proud. Chaerin smirk, her friend always proud with her cooking skills. 

Hyoyeon is married, was married. With one beautiful little girl, Chaerin and Juhyun often offering their help to take care the sweet three years old girl who can sing in Japanese and Spanish, without any help from her parents or her aunts. 

"This is good..." She swallows the food with all her might. 

"Campari heh?".

"Sweet flowery taste, with soda and ice. And your pasta. Perfect."

"As always," Hyoyeon give a huge grin, "and can I have Eunmi with you again? They send me to Prague for a week this time." 

"Cheese again?". 

"Cheese and the alcoholic beverages. I'm curious about their sweets..." 

"I'll stay at my in law's, they love Eunmi. Juhyun can come to visit after she's back from Busan." 

"Great, thanks, Chae. I'll send her to your in law's house this afternoon," Hyoyeon taps the desk and smile, then she gets out from Chaerin's room, "eat breakfast first before drink alcohol sis."

"Yeah. Yeah.. And this is soda." She tried to avoid the statement from the older woman. 

"With freaking Campari in it." 

"To add the flowery notes," she is reasoning again. 

Hyoyeon does not say anything, she just waves her hand and moves out from the room. At this rate, none of her words can reach the younger one's ear and no one can stop her habit of drinking alcohol. Chaerin is a mild alcoholic since Gyuri do her fun thingy in their marriage if it is not soda, she adds coke or coffee or milk. Anything, any drink than Chaerin gulp is having alcohol inside it. 

 

 

She landed at Incheon, Seoul safely. Her friends already recommend her one of cheap hostels at Seoul before she can settle up and get her own apartment after a few job. And she is also reminded that it will hard for her to find a job since the only certificate she had is only Junior High. She never tasted High school, moreover university. 

The taxi brings her to a building with a lot of pictures on the right and left are a small building with a lot of expatriates talking with each other outside. Some of them smoking carelessly, some drink a coffee, some just spacing out. She went out from the taxi with the belongings. A tiny gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter