III: How They Meet

Surrogate Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a month since she lives in Manhattan alone, Jessica keeps calling her only to check her beloved cousin. Tiffany never living alone, she is the only child and never leave her father side ever since her mother died of cancer when she is eleven years old.

But, she is perfectly fine and she eats well too. Very well.

"I'm a delivery generation, Jessie." She said it to her cousin, every time she gets a call.

"Is not healthy for you Tiff..."

"I made scrambled eggs or French toast or eat cereals if I think I had enough with delivery."

"Even worse."

Jessica is just worried about her cousin, but her student is going to face a final exam soon and she just cannot leave them. Yuri is facing a huge wedding event for one of the chaebol's children in Seoul.

Thus, how is Tiffany Hwang life in average days. Go to office, breakfast in the diner close to her company. Lunch will be having from the company's canteen or she is having a delivery. For dinner, she will be having a juice or biscuit. She goes home on time, sleep on time and if she has the time she will read a book. On the weekend, she will spend herself window shopping or do some shopping.

Short, her life is boring and calculated.

Just like the life of a famous author with a pen name of Erika Kim. Check her eggs conditions, try to communicate with a prospectus candidate of a surrogate mother, made a lunch or wandering around Manhattan.

Try to find something to fit in or someone to have fun with.

Ever since they reach Manhattan a month and a half ago, they decided to stop doing or whatever happen between them, just focusing on having a baby. They are far away from home and they do not need to please anyone in Manhattan.

That means they do not have to have a chemistry as husband and wife or pretend to be all happy.

"Things are better for us now Yul, now that we scratch the part from our lives. We start to talk with each other."

"Wow, a weird couple."

"I loved it like now... really. We start to talk and laugh together for the first time after three years marriage."

"I don't know what to say. By the way, Jessica has a cousin in Manhattan also. She's been worried sick since this princess lives alone after her broken heart phase."

"And what about it?"

"She's Korean, you can be nice to her. Befriend with her. And I can tell Jessica that my best friend will take care of her cousin."

"Why would I do that?"

"She's lovely, bubbly, damn innocent, dense and cute and you'll like her. Just meet her."

"And?"

"For God sake Taeyeon-ah, can you be a bit friendly for a while?" Yuri starts to lose her temper, Taeyeon smile when she listen to her best friend’s voice.

She just wants to mess around with Yuri, she misses her best buddy a lot. Miss their fun time at night, miss nagging at her and her nagging. Miss doing dorkiness together, or having a byun moment together in a club, which resulting in Jessica scold her about not teaching Yuri doing a byun moment.

"I miss you, buddy."

"Well, I miss you too. Go find Tiffany Hwang, you'll miss me less."

"What is it so good about her anyway?" Taeyeon snorts at her best friend.

"You'll find her innocent level is amusing. She still tries to believe fairy does exist and Harry Potter based on true story and she is afraid of the monster under her bed."

"Are you telling me to babysit a five years old?"

"Twenty-five... she's twenty-five." Yuri smiling widely, Taeyeon can feel that.

"What an odd girl."

"Perfect for an odd ahjumma...."

"Yah! You're dead when you see me kkab!!!"

"Whatever, I'm going to sleep. Sica needs me to babysit her..."

"Ewww ewww... spare me your life." She hangs up before listening to any other story from her best friend.

After thinking a lot and bored to death, do not have any appointment with a potential surrogate mother, she have no intention to cook for her husband either and Sunday means me time for both of them. She texted Yuri to get the Tiffany Hwang's address.

Meanwhile, Tiffany was thinking of cooking an easy Korean food. But, she just looks with a confuse face in front of the refrigerator. She has the ingredients to make kimbap, bibimbap or yukgejang, the problem is; she does not how to start to cook it.

That is when she heard a knock on her apartment door.

Taeyeon does not find any difficulty to find the address, it was not in a fancy area, but not bad either. So, after received a thousand thanks from Jessica she knocks the door of Tiffany's apartment after a middle-aged woman open the front door and let her in easily after she gives her a sweet smile.

"Ah, Tiffany's family? That sweet girl, you're sweet too dear..."

"Thank you mam." Taeyeon answering with her English accent Korean.

Tiffany does not expect any guest today, so she is quite confuse having someone knocking her door on Sunday afternoon.

"Or perhaps Mrs. Phelps need a help taking care of her cat again?" She cannot stop thinking and accidentally open the door without even checking who the person is standing in front of her door.

When the door opens and revealing a red haired woman behind it, Taeyeon suddenly loses her ability to breathe normally. While Tiffany feels she is suffocated because her heart keeps skipping a beat when she look a cute but beautiful woman with a short brown hair and a blonde accent on the tip of her hair standing in front of her apartment's door.

"You know, you're living in America, not in Seoul. You supposed to be more careful Tiffany." First sentence coming from Taeyeon's mouth startled Tiffany more than it should.

"Who are you? And how did you know my name?" Now it is Tiffany who is speaking Korean with English accent.

"I'm a fairy Godmother. Why don't you let me in?"

"Seriously?" Taeyeon finds the eye smile and how innocent Tiffany's face is really entertaining.

"No, I'm Kim Taeyeon. Jessica and Yuri made me come here to checking on you."

"Huh? Wae?"

"Can you please let me in? I'm not trying to you. No worries, we both girls."

"Oh, my bad, sorry." Tiffany opens the door more and let Taeyeon in.

"Seriously, you need to be more aware of your guest Tiffany... No wonder Jessica is being worried sick about you." Taeyeon makes a frown on her face, after knowing how easy Tiffany to be fooled.

"But- you said Yuri and Jessie send you here. They will never send a bad guy..." She looks guilty and cute, Taeyeon draws a smile.

A sincere smile, which she surprises herself. Thinking she cannot smile sincerely anymor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter