I: The Beginning

Surrogate Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She is sitting on the bench, alone. While having her lunch, she does not have much to do but waiting for her husband to come home. She does not like to be called a housewife, for her, it sounds so wrong. She is a successful writer and blogger, she has money more than her husband. But that is not the reason why she does not like to be addressed as a housewife.

And no, she is not desperate either.

In her eyes, a housewife is someone who only spends her time daydreaming, cooking, doing the laundry, gossiping with another housewife and watching dramas on television while waiting for the husband to come home. It is all wrong in her head because housewife should be more than that.

And because of those stereotypes she had in mind, she does not like when people call her a housewife.

She spends her time writing and updating her blog, she does cooking when she feel like it and hires a maid to clean the apartment every three days a week. She does not have any interaction with any other woman in the apartment's area. She smiles at them but has no intention of being friendly towards them.

And once in a while, she does talk with one of the apartment's housewife.

Those women she knows within the apartment area is the daily average woman in the Republic of Korea. More than a half already forget how to dress up after three years of marriage, they look horrible and in a terrible mess; no makeup, no hair done, no fancy clothes. She gets goose bumps whenever she saw those type of housewife.

Because in the end, they will whining about their unfaithful husband or their husband never homes.

Who to blame? She does not understand it either.

Most of the housewife in the apartment feel threatened by her well-being, their husbands love to smile and greet her with a sweet gesture. She cannot blame those man, hormones talking and she just happen to be born beautiful. She might not tall, no matter how much milk she has to drink since she was five years old. But she has a beautiful face, a pair of pretty onyx eyes, thin lips, perfect figures and a baby face.

Nobody believe her when she said she is twenty-seven years old and married, they thought she is seventeen. And single.

The last thing was the hope of those delusional husbands in the apartment's area.

Since she was never paying any interest towards their sweet greets and smile, none of the housewives made a problem with her. That is because she is also an anti-social person, she hates talking with strangers. Even more have to be all nice or having a warm conversation.

No matter how much those husbands curious to talk to her every day.

Most of the man always think her husband is one hell of a lucky man because having a dedicated wife like her and a beautiful one on top of that. She is dedicated, for her just being a good wife by attending every business party of her husband company, every dinner or lunch, family gathering and not to mention a fake perfect smile.

People said her smile is contagious, little did they know, her sincere smile will show them a dimple in her beautiful cute smile.

She is married three years ago, by the age of twenty-four. The marriage was not based on love, ever since she never loved the husband and vice versa. It was a pure arrangement, they just being perfect children for their parents, and no love included. Her husband is a nice gentleman, but not good enough for her.

He never loves her, so he does not have a time for her and she know he keeps a mistress somewhere. She just decided not to know it.

The life is bland, nothing else included. They called it , not made love to each other. She just being a good wife by providing him with her perfect body, ready for bed. When he got what he want, he did not bother whether she is pleasured on not. He just sleeps and say goodnight to his dedicated beautiful wife.

They never fight, as they do not seems it is necessary. When they want something, they just did it without bother asking the other one. When they have miscommunication, they just let it loose, it a few days the problem solved itself and they just say sorry to each other.

A simple, boring marriage yet perfect in the eyes of people.

After a year of their marriage, she got into a huge accident that almost took her life. She regretted it by being alive, because for her, death will do well for her boring life and her so called perfect husband in the eyes of public. She lived, but without uterus. He doctor have to lift her uterus because it has a severe damages and cannot be saved. She is no longer a complete woman, but the doctors still keep her eggs. Just in case the couple want to try to a surrogate mother system. Her husband did not say anything, nor did he feel happy that his wife survive from the accident.

Their communication is only resolved around; hi, already eat? are you okay? how was your day?, or I'm sorry.

"Taeyeon, I heard from your parents you want to have a surrogate mother program?" It is her best friend since high school, Kwon Yuri the model.

"We never talked about it yet Yul." Taeyeon gives a big sigh, she does not know what should she do with her own husband.

"No progress in your relationship?" Yuri sips her cocktail in front of her.

"Why would we? Things are better this way, I don't see why we need to progress our relationship. We are perfect." Taeyeon gulping down her vodka in one shot.

"Perfect. Define perfect to me." Yuri snort to her best friend.

Yuri knows every little dirty secret of her best friend and her marriage life, ever since the accident her best friend throw herself in the warmth of girls or woman she meet in the club every once in a while. Not that Yuri have any objection, because it is not her life and she perfectly know that her best friend already know what she is doing.

"Don't start the speech Yul. You know how things works between us. No question asked." Taeyeon replies and ask for another shot of peach vodka.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter