Chapter 2

Within The Night

Minho woke up feeling dizzy. In the beginning, he kept his eyes closed and waited for the alarm clock to ring, but as soon as this thought crossed his mind, he remembered everything that happened. The accident. That truck appearing in his direction. The impact against his car’s door. Kibum’s voice calling his name. He waited for the headache. But said headache never came. In fact, he didn’t feel any pain anywhere.

I’m dead. He thought as the only explanation that made any sense to him.

Just then, Minho looked around trying to figure out where he was and how did he get there. However, when he tried to sit, the bed simmered louder than expected, startling him. He was even more scared when he noticed that his body wasn’t following his orders. He wanted to get up but couldn’t move his legs and the only thing he could feel was hunger. He was so hungry that he wished to feel pain instead of this urge to eat.

Trying to calm down, he took a deep breath and tried to focus his attention in anything else but his stomach screaming to be feed. It took some minutes until he started to relax and when he did it, although he couldn’t see anyone, he started to feel a presence, as if he could hear someone breathing.

“Kibum?” He called, not expecting an answer. He was sure that he was crazy or he wouldn’t be hearing things like that since he was obviously alone in the room.

“I’m pretty sure he isn’t able to answer right now.” A voice answered, for Minho’s surprise. “You know, the accident was ugly”.

“Who are you?” Minho asked, looking around trying to find the origin of that voice. He could hear it as clearly as if the owner was whispering in his ear although he was still alone in the room.

“I might be your angel.” The voice answered. “But yeah, my name’s Jonghyun.”

“Am I dead?”

“No. Not dead. But kind of.” Jonghyun said, finally appearing in the room, a hand fixing his white hair.

“Where’s Kibum? And Jinki-hyung?”

“Well, let’s see. Kibum is, obviously, in the hospital. And don’t worry about Jinki, he’s fine.”

“He’s fine? How is that possible? Why am I here and Kibum’s in the hospital?” He asked, being surprised by his own voice. “It’s too quiet in here, I feel like I can hear you breathing.”

“That’s because you can.”

“What do you mean I can?”

“You’re a vampire now.” Jonghyun explained, hearing Minho gasping. “Calm down. It was the only thing I could do to save you.”

“Are you mad? Vampires don’t-“

“Yeah, they do exist. And that’s why you hear so much better and is also the reason why you must be starving right now. Am I right?”

“No.” Minho lied, looking at the other. “I can’t move. Why?”

“Transformation issues. It will probably take some minutes. Maybe an hour.”

“So it has nothing to do with the accident?”

“No. Your body is already healed. You’ve been sleeping for a while.” Jonghyun said, noticing how confused the other was. “Okay, I’m going to explain it to you. I was there when the accident happened, I saw everything. I ran to your car and saw how injured you all were. Out of the three, your condition was the worst. Jinki heal really fast, Kibum was good enough to survive. But you… You would certainly die. And that’s how I became a hero and saved your life.”

“Why would you do that? We don’t even know each other.” Minho asked, still not believing in anything he said.

“I’ll leave you alone so you can rest a little more.” Jonghyun smiled, ignoring his question.

“Hey.” Minho said, stopping Jonghyun from walking out the door. “I’m hungry.”

“So I was right.”

“Well, just bring me something to eat please.” Minho sighed, defeated.

“I can’t. You’ll have to wait a little more. There are many things I need to teach you before that.” Jonghyun said, disappearing in the hall.

**

Jonghyun was walking down the dark alley in search of something or someone who could satisfy his thirst. He had been taking care of Minho for days now and hadn’t been able to drink ever since the accident occurred. His limit was being pushed and even though he was an old vampire, he didn’t know how much he could endure until his need took the best of him. So, before he made any mistake with no point of return, Jonghyun decided it was time to hunt.

He was currently sniffing the air around to try to find some scent when he caught a familiar one. Smirking, Jonghyun turned around, stopping in his tracks.

“Taemin, my dear friend, it has been a long time.”

From the shadows, a figure appeared, walking confidently in his direction. “Jonghyun.”

“How have you been?”

“Cut the crap.” Taemin rolled his eyes, exasperated but then gasped when Jonghyun pressed him against the wall behind them. “What do you want?”

“Let’s see. I want to know why you’ve been following me but, right now, I just want your blood.”

“No.” Taemin’s gaze was sharp. “You will not feed on me.”

Jonghyun grinned, his lips. “Oh, but I will.”

The older vampire chuckled once more and then opened his mouth, showing his long canines and sinking them on Taemin’s pale neck.  There was a muffled scream from Taemin but after that Jonghyun was met with no resistance as the blood started to flow on his throat. In no time, Taemin was clinging onto him, clenching his fists around Jonghyun’s black leather jacket making the latter smirk against the other’s skin.

Too soon, he was forcibly separated from his source of blood and he knew immediately who was the one who made it. His presence was too strong for Jonghyun to not recognize it and he was sure that even if he was in a room full of people, he would still be able to feel it.

Cleaning the remains of Taemin’s blood from his chin, Jonghyun looked up, locking eyes with the new presence.

“Jinki.” He began, still pressed against the opposite wall of where Taemin was. “To what do I own the pleasure?”

“I want to talk to you.”

Standing up, the vampire took a step towards the other. “I’m all ears.”

“Alone.” Jinki said, voice void of any emotion. “I want to talk to you alone.”

Jonghyun looked at Taemin who was still leaning against the wall, blood clenching to his skin and eyes closed. “Taemin.” He called and the other opened his eyes. “Leave. Now.”

Normally, the other would contest to that order but since he was still weak from being feed on, Taemin just nodded and faded into thin air.

When Jinki was sure that they were alone, he launched himself at Jonghyun, grabbing him by his throat, pressing him hard against the wall. Their noses bumped every now and then due to the close proximity and that made Jonghyun grin.

Not satisfied with the other’s reaction, Jinki shook him, making him bump his head against the wall. “Why did you turn him?”

“You know, in other situation, this would be such a turn on, Jinki.” Jonghyun teased, avoiding the question.

“Shut up and answer my question.” He growled, tightening his grip around Jonghyun’s neck. “Why did you do it?”

“I saw an opportunity and I took it. He was bleeding to death and I didn’t turn anyone in a while, so I thought it was the perfect timing.”

Jinki groaned and let him go, making him fall to the ground from the sudden loss of support.

“You disgust me.”

“You should be thankful to me!” Jonghyun shouted, when the other turned his back on him to leave the place, making him stop. “At least, he’s not dead. You still have your precious Minho.”

Jinki laughed but it was empty. “You took away exactly what I liked the most about him. His humanity.” He said, sighing. Jinki then looked over his shoulder directly at Jonghyun. “I’ll never forgive you for that.”

 

 

Hi guys! I hope you had a great christmas if you celebrate it :) and if you don't, then i hope you had a great week :D

Here's the second chapter for you and I hope you like it!

Don't forget to tell me what you think and, as always, thank you for taking time to read my stories <3