001

Strings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

001

 

She looked through the window. Colored flowers were now growing up signaling that winter was now over and it was time for spring to take place. Spring also meant the start of a new school year, which was right on the corner.

 

Hyemi has been living in Seoul for almost two weeks now and yet, her house was still a mess. Not only her house was a mess, her whole life was. After her father’s death a year ago, the  girl thought her mother would never marry again.

Guess she was wrong.

Her mother had been so lonely and weak  that she could barely go to work. A man was needed in her life, and for that, she found another one, much to the girl disbelief. After this, things started not going so well for Hyemi. Six months later, they decided to get married.This was not the problem. In fact, the girl changed her mind and thought it was good that her mother found another source of happiness again. The problem was what came next. Her step-father was not really fond about having “kids” at home, and for that, she was dumped.

She couldn’t believe her mother chose a man she barely knew over her own child. The one who lived with her for eighteen years. The one who helped bringing money home when her mother was too weak for the lost of her husband. She could not believe. Not until two weeks ago when she opened the door of her new house.

Hyemi got so pissed off that she accepted moving to a new house alone in the big city of Seoul. Her step-father offered to buy her a house so that she could end her studies somewhere else than their house.

 Of course the girl accepted. What could be worse than living in a house where you were not welcomed and had to face the woman who would easily switch you for any other man?

This girl would never live in a place like this. She decided it was for her best to forget everything about living in Busan. She liked the place, liked her friends and boyfriend, but it was time to move on. Her heart was broken and her mind was a mess. Forget about everything would be the best thing she could do for now.

 

Her house was not too big nor too small. It was just perfect for a person to live in comfort. Besides, it was near everything, even her new school was near. Now that she was going to be a Senior, she would have to start focusing on her studies even more.

 

She got nervous thinking about it now. Not because she was going to be a Senior, but because she realized she was all alone. She had no one to be sitting with during lunch break or to walk her back home.

This was a problem but for now she had another one: clean the house. This was basically what she would be doing the whole weekend.

 

The week passed faster than she had expected, but at least the house was now organized.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter