Ready to chase

The Lost Pearl

Taehyung couldn't stop Jimin from crying, and Jimin was crying real hard. Taehyung could only hugged Jimin tight, while looking at his husband, Hoseok. The Queen was out, apparently meeting up with all the kingdom's higher minister to discuss what to do with Jimin. The tattoo on Jimin's body had started to glow red, making Jimin cringed in pain.

It was true that every kingdom has their own way of banishing their people, and as for the Park Kingdom, the punishment was to never stepped in the kingdom ever again until his honour and place was restored. The tattoo that was carved will keep on consuming the banished soul slowly until it crumbled up if he dared to disobey the punishment. And as for Jimin, his punishment had just started.

"I...can't...believe that...my wedding....day is ruined." Jimin said, between the sobs he had. Taehyung just shushed him, before the door opened and The Queen entered.

"Prince Jimin, Prince Taehyung and Prince Hoseok. The minister had given Jimin you a chance to get help retrieving you your pearl, so I will bring all three of you to The Oracle, and see what can he do to help you." The Queen clearly explained. Somehow, Taehyung and Hoseok frowned when they were ordered to follow Jimin to see The Oracle too, but they did obey anyway.

**********

"The Banished Prince Jimin.

I see danger lurking your journey, and there are love as well.
But the door that you chose to open will decide it all.
Look at the sign carefully, especially the seashell.
For they will tell what lies beneath every path; be it rise or fall."

The Oracle said as he looked into the mirror, before he continued.

"Prince Taehyung.

Your loyalty shall be put to test
So is your strongest will
All you need to do is give your best
And learn to trust, not to fulfill.

As for you Prince Hoseok,

You shall be the knight in shining armour
For your wise mind may shine the light
But beware for traps and shelter
For it provide none but harsh plight."

The Oracle said, before he closed the mirror in his room. Jimin could feel himself trembling in fear.

"How would I know where to find my pearl?" Jimin inquire desperately.

"You don't. But your heart does. Now off you go." The Oracle said, before he ushered them out the Oracle room, where The Queen was waiting. The Queen gave a long sigh, both from exhaustion and relieved. They had traveled a long journey before arriving to the Oracle's place. The Queen had insisted for Taehyung and Hoseok to come along, and Taehyung readily agreed, to which Hoseeok too agreed after a few kisses and persuasion from Taehyung.

"How was it?" The Queen asked towards The Oracle, who looked at The Queen sadly.

"My Royal Highness, I am afraid that his pearl is out of my bound. I could not see where it is, yet I know where it is. I can only see vague future, which I had told each and every of them." The Oracle said, and The Queen frowned.

"How could you said something so irony? You didn't see where, but you know it? And I thought you are among the most powerful Oracle in The Mermaidia world, how come the pearl's whereabouts is out of your bound?" The Queen inquired softly.

"Yes, it is true that my power can reveal any hidden secrets from each corner of The Mermaidia world, but apparently the pearl is not here. It had been brought to The Upperworld; the world where the humans live. It is out of my bound to see what is up on the surface, for my power has limits. Only the Depth Sorcery, the old mermaid magic can penetrate through the wall of two worlds. I am sorry. But I can give something as a good luck charm." He said, bowing to The Queen before he faced Jimin, and handed Jimin a bracelet, followed by Taehyung and Hoseok.

"This journey is a hard journey. It is dangerous, and you will be on your own. Whatever it is, believe in yourself, and each other. And remember the Old Pact; Let no man see the Deeper World. Stick together, for you are vulnerable when you are alone." The man said, before he bowed towards each of them and looked at The Queen.

"My Hippocampi shall lead them to the bound of our kingdom. After that, they are on their own. Good luck dear Princes. Be careful, and we will wait for your return." The Oracle smiled, as three large seahorse that gleamed with white silvery light came trotting towards them. The Queen hugged Jimin tight, and Jimin winced in pain.

"Good luck! Be safe!" The Queen said, and then she take a look at Taehyung and Hoseok. "Thank you!" She said gratefully, before she took Jimin's hand and lead him to the Hippocampi.

"Thank you Mother. I love you. Tell Dad I love him. And tell Chanyeollie I'll be back, and ask Baekhyunnie to prepare me good food when I return. I'll miss them." Jimin said, before a streak of tears came down from his eyes. He cringed again as the tattoo on his hand began to get redden.

"Good bye!" All the three of them waved to The Queen as they surfed through the ocean, heart felling bitter from the parting that they had to do. Finally when they arrived at the border of the shoreline, the Hippocampi leave them there.

Finally, after taking a deep breath, all three of them swam to the shore, and finally they arrived at the sand. They looked around, glad that the beach was empty.

"So, we have to wait for our tail to dry, then it will transform to human feet." Hoseok said, as he looked at his silvery tail. "And mind you, be careful with water. Any contact with water, and your legs will turn into tail immediately."

"How do you know that?" Taehyung asked, Hoseok, eyeing him suspiciously.

"I've been here once. To get your birthday present when your Coming-of-Age ceremony was held." Hoseok said, smiling at Taehyung.

"Oh, you did? So the musical box was from here? Aww! That's so sweet of you~" Taehyung said, before he hugged Hoseok tight, and only released him when Jimin cleared his throat.

By then their tail had dry from the scorching sun, and before long Jimin started to get thirsty. He tried to get into the water again, but Hoseok took his hand.

"No. You cannot go into the water. Your soul will be consumed. Just ignore the thirst now. You'll get through it soon." Hoseok said, as he shot a glance or warning to Taehyung too. Hoseok looked around,trying to see if there were something they could use to cover their body when suddenly Jimin squealed.

"Hoseok! My pearl! I think my pearl is here." Jimin said, looking at Hoseok as he held his beating chest. He somehow had this weird tingling feeling in his heart; a sign he always get when he was near the pearl. According to the legend, the pearl of a merpeople is his heart. He will give it to his spouse to take good care of the pearl when he got married. That's why the pearl is so important to Jimin.

Jimin tried to stand, with his hand holding on a big rock nearby as a support. He was wobbling and his legs shook terribly, but soon enough he could get a grip on his legs. Taehyung can already walked slowly with the aid of Hoseok, who seemed to walk pretty fine. After a few falls and ups, finally Jimin got the hang of it. He started to walk on the shore, feeling the sensation of the warm soft sand under his feet each time he took a step forward.

He looked around, trying to find his pearl as he walked to a random direction. He stumbled forward, when a hand pulled him and he landed in someone's hug.

"Are you okay?" A soft husky voice chimed in, before Jimin opened his eyes and looked at the person before him.


Oh yeah~

Merry Christmas to all that celebrate it :)