The Day

The Lost Pearl

Chanyeol looked at his brother, before he tapped his brother's shoulder.

"What are you doing here, in the Castle's Park, alone?" Chanyeol said, before he took his place next to Jimin.

"Ah, hyung. I was just thinking. I am...scared." Jimin said with difficulty. He looked forward, to the kingdom in front of him.

"Why? And here I thought I am the Crown Prince." Chanyeol joked happily, to which managed to make Jimin chuckled a little.

"Well, I am in no intention to rule over a kingdom anyway." Jimin said, smiling softly.

"What are you scared of? Tomorrow?" Chanyeol asked, looking at Jimin, who seemed to be playing with the sand.

"Yeah. I do." Jimin admitted sheepishly, before he looked at Chanyeol.

"You know, getting married is the most beautiful thing ever." Chanyeol said, smiling goofily.

"Well, getting married is not something I am afraid of. It's the matter of whom." Jimin said, looking down.

"You never meet him, right?" Chanyeol asked slowly, before he patted his brother's head.

"No. His Majesty and Her Royal Highness met the King and the Queen for the proposing matter. Hyung, what if...I didn't love him? How can I spend the rest of my life with someone I don't love?" Jimin whined, as he played with the sand again.

"Hey...Don't freak out yet. Here's an advice. When I first received the news of my weddings, I couldn't tell you how crestfallen I am. My Coming-of-Age ceremony was only a few months ahead, but I have to get married before my Coming-of-Age ceremony, and heck, I didn't even know who is my future wife. But then, when I first met him on my wedding day, I fell in love with him, hard. And here I am now, happy as a crown prince, with my wife Byun Baekhyun by side." Chanyeol said as he looked at Jimin and smiled the widest smile he can.

"You are so lucky. You know I can't fall in love as easy as you right? But it's okay. I'll marry him for sure." Jimin said, sighing when suddenly a large manta ray swam above him.

"Oh, a Manta. They come to congratulate you. I think it's time you come out and greet all the merpeople and the creatures in our kingdom." Chanyeol reminded Jimin, whose face cheered up in delight. It had always been a favourite thing for Jimin to do - going out and meeting with his fellow people and the sea creatures always fascinates him.

"Come on. Accompany me please?" Jimin said as he took Chanyeol's hand and pulled him along as he swam up towards the Manta ray.

"Ohoy Manta. How are you today?" Jimin said, tapping on the Manta's head before both of them sat on the Manta's back. The Manta glided slowly through the ocean, while Jimin and Chanyeol chatted happily. Sometimes Jimin would swam down towards where the merpeople assemble. He would greeted them and have a nice short chat before he swam back again up the Manta ray. And he did that until the ocean turns dark, and the bioluminescence creatures started to roam out the ocean, lighting every inch with colourful and different hues of colours and lights.

**********

"Jimin! How are you feeling?" Taehyung beamed as he swam towards Jimin while holding hands with his beloved Hoseok. Taehyung was his childhood friend, who was a months younger than him. He met Taehyung while they were both in the Royal Academy, which had been attended by most of the princes from all parts of the ocean. There, Taehyung had met with his husband now, Hoseok, and they got married on Hoseok's Coming-of-Age ceremony.

"Congratulations on the Coming-of-Age and your wedding tomorrow!" Taehyung said, smiling goofily as he hugged Jimin tight. "Finally I get to see my best friend getting married." He continued.

"Thank you TaeTae. And you too, Hoseok hyung." Jimin said, flashing a small smile that never escaped Taehyung's gaze.

"You are not happy aren't you?" Taehyung asked, looking at Jimin as he frowned. Jimin just looked down, before slowly he turned around and swam away, sighing. Both Hoseok and Taehyung followed Jimin as both of them exchanged glances.

"You know how I feel about falling in love, right?" Jimin asked, as he sat down on one of the clams in his room. Taehyung sighed, as he looked at Jimin.

"Hey, don't be so upset. If anyone that can love truly, I think that person is you. You are so full of love in your heart, and I am very sure you'll love him." Hoseok said, patting the other's back. Jimin looked at Hoseok, and smiled softly.

"Okay." He replied, before he yawned. "Let's go to sleep, shall we? Oh, how glad I am that you both were here to accompany me tonight." Jimin said as he slowly swam towards the bed he owned, and gestured both Taehyung and Hoseok to do the same to the other empty bed in the room. After bidding 'good night' to each other, they soon finally dozed off.

**********

"Prince Jimin, Is everything alright?" One of his servant came in when she heard the sound of glass breaking in from the inside of Jimin's room. Jimin looked stressed. She looked at Jimin worriedly.

"Can you call Her Royal Highness for me?" Jimin spoke, and the servant quickly nodded and swam away from the room. After a few moments, a familiar voice chimed in.

"Jimin, are you ready?" His mother asked, peeking her head through the door of the room.

"Not yet Mother." Jimin said, frantically throwing things that were inside his drawer of his nightstand out.

"Jimin, are you crying?" His mother said when he heard Jimin's shaky voice. 

. She went into the room towards Jimin, slowly turning Jimin so that Jimin face her. It was true. Jimin was crying, and by the look of it, he had been crying for quite some time. His face was swollen, and his eyes were blood red.

"Mother...I couldn't find my pearl. I think I've lost it." Jimin said in between the sobs, as his tears fell down his face faster. His mother's shocked expression made Jimin's heart broke.

"It's okay. It's okay." His mother said, pulling Jimin closer to her, and hugged her. It was true that Jimin's mother had been fond of him, compared to his brother, whom his father had taken a liking of.

"But what will His Majesty said? I'll get punish. Mother, what.." Jimin babbled, before he was cut off by his mother.

"Shhh...We'll explain to him. His Majesty would understand. I know he will. I know your father will understand." His mother said softly, but that didn't soothe any fear that bloomed in his heart.

"Mother, I am sorry that I failed all of you. I should take good care of my pearl, and now I've lost it." Jimin said, a pang of guilt washed over his heart like the waves washing the shore.

"It's okay. Let's go and meet you father. He'll know what to do." His mother said, before she slowly ushered the crying Jimin out of his room to the Throne Room, where the Coming-of-Age ceremony was supposed to be held.

When they went into the Throne Room, everybody looked and at Queen, while some frowning worriedly when they saw the red eyed and puffy cheeks of their beloved Prince. Taehyung rushed towards Jimin's side. The three of them went in front of the King, and bowed down.

"Your Majesty, I am afraid that something bad has happened to our little Prince here." The Queen said, looking at the King in front of her softly.

"What is it, my dear Queen? My Prince?" The King said, before he went up and swam towards the sobbing Jimin.

"I...I've lost my pearl."Jimin spit the words out with difficulty. The King looked at Jimin calmly, before he closed his eyes. A clear disappointment was seen on his face.

"Then, we shall acknowledge that The Prince's Coming-of-Age ceremony is canceled until The Prince's pearl is found. Before your pearl is found, you shall be banished from this kingdom, and you shall carry the title of The Banished Prince until your pearl is safely in your possession again. Now, off you go, and never comes back, until you find your pearl." The King said, as he took his trident and then pointed it towards Jimin, before he shoot a yellow coloured ray onto Jimin. They ray had carved a nice geometrical shape on Jimin's left arm, which then transform into a black tattoo before he went out the Throne Room, leaving Jimin crying, The Queen comforting Jimin and Taehyung shocked.


To be honest, this is my first time writing an AU genre, and in this case a merman AU. And it is freaking hard T-T So sorry for the bad chapter though.