Dinner

The Lost Pearl

Taehyung softly knocked on the door, before he turned the knob and peered inside the room.

"Jimin, are you there?" Taehyung asked softly as he tiptoed into the room. He went to where Jimin's body was lying, and scrambled up the bed beside him. "Hey, why haven't you wear something?" Taehyung said when his eyes captured the folded clothes in the far corner of the bed. He himself was fully dressed, thanks to Hoseok who had helped him getting through with the clothes.

Taehyung looked at Jimin, whose attention seemed to be fixed on something. Taehyung looked at Jimin weirdly and looked at the thing that took Jimin's interest. Apparently Jimin was holding some globe glass ball in his hands, and he let out a soft laugh when he softly shook the ball. The inside of the glass ball has some extraordinary buildings in it, and everytime the ball shook, a fluffy white powder covers the globe ball, before it settles down again. Taehyung just smiled softly at Jimin's antics.

"Where did you get that?" Taehyung asked, to which Jimin smiled and looked at him.

"In the wardrobe. It's beautiful. What is this?" He asked softly and smiles when he shook the ball again.

"It's a snowglobe. Hoseok had shown it to me once before. I think there is plenty of it here in this Upperworld." Taehyung said before he took the globe and put it on his lap. "But I'm sure the globe can wait. Right now, you need to get dressed. We have a dinner to attend to."

***********

Jimin softly treaded on the stairs, holding the walls to prevent him from falling down. Walking still gave him difficulties and his feet feel sore, and so is his buttocks. He winced a little when he finally arrived at the bottom of the stairs before he gingerly made his way to the dining room, where a few voices can be heard. He peeked into the dining room and smiled when he saw Yoongi, Hoseok and Taehyung already sitting down, and the table is full of food. He slowly made his way to the table, but froze when he felt someone grabbed his hand.

"How's your back?" Jimin heard a familiar voice whispering to him. He looked around and smiled sheepishly when he saw Jungkook's face.

"A little bit stinging." He said. Jungkook nodded.

"You are walking like a tortoise. Can't you walk faster?" He asked, making Jimin frowned a little. He looked at his feet, before looking at Jungkook again.

"That is none of your business." Jimin retorted before he pulled his hand roughly away from Jungkook's grasp. He then turned around, and was about to make a small step when he felt a soft hand snaking around his waist, and another one behind his upper back. Jungkook pulled Jimin closer until Jimin's body leans towards his.

"Walk faster. I can't stand you walking so slow. It corrupts my eyes." Jungkook said before he started to take a soft step, and guiding Jimin along with him so that Jimin walked faster. He then helped Jimin to sit down on one of the seats and immediately sat next to him.

"Alright, since everyone is already here, let's start eating." Yoongi said as he softly took a sip at his drinks. Jimin looked around and scanned all the food that were on the table. Nothing unusual, he had eaten almost all of them at the Royal Palace before. Scallops, Seashells, Mackerel, Lobsters, some Crabs, and his favourite, Oyster. Jimin took the oyster as soon as he lays his sight on it, and quickly peel off the shells and gulped the oyster in one go. He made a soft mewling sound unintentionally, and he could swear that Jungkook was suddenly giving him sharp glances immediately. His mouth felt dry, and he felt a little bit frightened when he saw the dagger sharp glance he received from the other.

"Ahem." Yoongi's voice booming through the silent and startled Jimin quite hard. Everybody turned their attention to Yoongi, who is smiling wide.

"So, I guess right now, we will be household, yeah? I have talked to Jungkook about this matter, and he thinks the same. Well, since you guys have nowhere to go, it's better if you guys stay here, at least until you found somewhere to live." Yoongi said before he took a sip of the drinks and then sat back in the chair.

"But won't we be a bother to you?" It was Hoseok, face frowning a little.

"Don't worry about it. Besides, it is lonely with just me and Yoongi hyung here." Jungkook said softly. Jimin looked at Jungkook, who was now smiling brightly to Hoseok, all traces of malice went from his face. Jimin couldn't believe how a person could have changed that fast, from being a jerk to innocent the next moment. Jimin kept on looking at Jungkook, thinking if the decision to stay here in the house of two strangers were completely good or foolish. He didn't realize that he was spacing off until he felt a soft grasp on his hand. He looked at his side and saw Taehyung's worried face looking at him. He just smiled a little, before he softly pulled his hand go. He stood up and bowed to Yoongi and Jungkook politely.

"Please excuse me. I don't feel very well. I will head back to my chamber and rest. Please continue on without me." He said softly before he slowly turned and walked limply to the stairs, and quickly tried to walk up, despite his aching feet and sore back. He could hear Hoseok's voice talking to the rest of the table and sighed softly.

"What a sigh. If I don't know, I would think that the burden of the world has fell on your shoulder." A familiar soft voice rang behind him. Jimin chose to ignore it and tried to fumble his way up the stairs quicker. However, he froze when he felt a soft hand curling around his waist, and another one holding his arms.

"Let me go." Jimin retorted.

"You don't look too good. Your wound is open. Let me help you." Jungkook said softly before he tightened his grip on Jimin's arm and softly pushed the other forward, signalling the older to move up the stairs. Jimin clenched his teeth, but he didn't say anything and just obliged instead. Jungkook brought him to his room and sat him down on the bed.

"Why were you staring at me like that? It's uncalled for." Jimin complained before Jungkook rolled his eyes and shrugged his shoulder.

"Lie down. I want to check on the wounds." Jungkook said, his voice commanding, making Jimin flinched a little. He pouted, but he lay down on his stomach nevertheless. He could feel the bed beside him moving when Jungkook climbed on it, and he slowly felt Jungkook's soft touch on his back, lifting the shirt he is wearing, before softly removing his pants.

"Stay still." Jungkook said when he had pulled Jimin's pants until his knees before he slowly got up and leave Jimin to himself a few moments. Jimin waited for some time, grumbling a little bit when his body is getting colder because of his exposed butts. He was about to get up when he heard the light footsteps coming back to him, and the bed was down due to Jungkook's weight. He colud hear Jungkook rattling witsomething, before he felt Jungkook wiping something cold to his back, before his wound stung a little. He hissed and grabbed the sheets, and moved a little to ease his pain, before Jungkook put one of his hand right on Jimin's , holding him so that he doesn't move.

"Stay still." Come Jungkook's voice again, to which Jimin obeyed. He felt Jungkook taping something on his  before Jungkook softly let Jimin go and proceed to put on Jimin's pant back. Jimin just stayed silently, before he softly muttered thanks when Jungkook stood up. He  was unsure of Jungkook heard him, but Jungkook made no sign, but instead just walked out of his room and closed the door.

He looked at the closed door, trying to figure out why Jungkook was acting differently towards him at times. He kept on pestering himself with Jungkook, until he finally fell asleep.


Some short update to keep the story moving.