{ epilogue }

Romeo and Not-so-Juliet

{ epilogue }

 

It was finally the day of Moon Haeyoung’s long-awaited debut. Everyone in their household had been up and about since the crack of dawn except for the debutante herself. Madame Moon insisted that she needed the beauty sleep so they left her alone in her room at around eight the other night. What they don’t know is that she spent the rest of the night talking on the phone with her and boyfriend, Byun Baekhyun.

 

She was startled when the phone resting under her pillow suddenly blasted her ringtone. Her eyes were still closed when she swiped the Answer button, “Yeoboseyo?” She answered in a voice still hoarse from sleep.

 

“Yah crazy girl,” the guy on the other line answered. “Good morning, and happy birthday!”

 

She could only roll her eyes at his behavior. “Yah, is that the correct way to start the day of your girlfriend?” She feigned hurt as she shuffled between the sheets while rubbing her eyes, trying to ebb away the remaining sleepiness in her system.

 

He chuckled and she swooned. I’m so in love with my boyfriend, sue me! She thought as a smile played on her lips. “A’right then,” Baekhyun said. “I love you, Moon Haeyoung.”

 

Her heart skipped a beat as he uttered the words. It wasn’t the first time that he told her his utmost feelings, but he still manages to blow her away every single time he does. You see, Baekhyun hasn’t changed much at all even though he’s now in an official relationship with her. He still acts like the way he used to and he still bullies her, but he’s Byun Baekhyun– and Moon Haeyoung loves him.

 

“What?” He playfully asked. “You just fell in love with me some more, right?” He laughed and she couldn’t help but to join him. She could totally picture him winking at her if he was here in person.

 

Knocks were heard from the door before a maid spoke, “Miss Haeyoung? Your team’s already downstairs. Madame Moon said that you should be there in thirty minutes.”

 

“Okay!” Haeyoung hollered before turning back to her phone. “Hey Bacon, I’ll get back to you later, okay?”

 

She was about to hang up when he stopped her. “Yah, aren’t you forgetting something?” He asked.

 

She suppressed her giggles before feigning innocence. “Huh? I don’t think so… What is it?” I’m so getting back at you, Bacon! She thought to herself with a wicked grin pasted on her face.

 

“Nothing,” he mumbled on the other land. All of her plans of getting back on him vanished as she heard his sad voice on the other line. “Bye, cra–”

 

“I was kidding.” She cut him off. “I love you, Bacon!”

 

He might not be in front of her, but she was sure that he’s already smiling at this point. “I know,” he smugly answered, as if he wasn’t just sulking a while ago. “Get ready now! I don’t want to a clown later.” He chuckled. “Bye, crazy girl! I love you!”

 

She left the bed feeling very satisfied, a smile eternally pasted on her face. When she turned, she was greeted by the mirror and even she felt surprised at how blooming she looks like. Keke, is this the love effect? She funnily thought before washing up.

 

--

 

The party hasn’t even started yet, but Haeyoung already feels so tired. She had an appointment at the spa early in the morning and her mother went with her. Next in line was the salon, where she felt as if she had her skin peeled and pasted back again! Needless to say, she doesn’t want to go to a salon to get a full treatment again, ever.

 

After the pampering came the battalion of make-up and hair artists who will “make her the prettiest that she’ll ever want to be”, quoting them. She made sure that she ate lunch first though, because she just had the feeling that putting up with them won’t be an easy task.

 

She was right. It took them hours to complete the look on her face. The party will start at six, and it was already half past five when both of her hair and make-up are done. She couldn’t wait to get out of the chair, since all she did for four hours was sit and cramp her .

 

She wasn’t even given a chance to properly look at herself. Well, halfway through all the make-up and curling irons, her eyelids felt heavy and she fell asleep. Obviously, that irritated her mother and the make-up artists, but they couldn’t do anything because she may have tamed a little, but she’s still Moon Haeyoung.

 

After the hair and make-up session, she was immediately whisked away to her room to don her gown on. Guests were starting to arrive, and even Baekhyun was already downstairs. She doesn’t really care much about the others, but hearing that Baekhyun– her Bacon– was already there just excites her.

 

 

The first gown that she wore was her favorite one among all, if she were to pick. It was quite simple, actually, compared to the others, but it just caught her attention. It was a white empire-cut gown made of soft material and tulle. The gown was V-neck and there were embroideries along the ends, making the design subtle but very appealing. It also emphasized on the theme, Romeo and Juliet, since Juliet is depicted as an innocent girl.

 

She rolled her eyes at the term used. Uh-huh, Juliet is “innocent”. As if there was anything innocent when Claire Danes and Leonardo diCaprio kissed in the movie.

 

Her long, auburn hair’s tips were curled and rather than a tiara, it was adorned with a flower crown to further accentuate the innocence. It really irks her how the theme does not suit her at all, but well, she won’t go around protesting as long as she meets with her Romeo soon.

 

“Omona, Miss Haeyoung is so pretty!”

“She’s really blooming these days!”

“You’re pretty, Haeyoung-ssi!”

 

She only smiled and thanked them all for complimenting her. Even she acknowledges that she does look really pretty today. At least my mini-hell in the salon was worth it, she thought as the photographer kept on snapping pictures for the documentary.

 

She posed and smiled with the team who helped her, as well as with the designers and the assistants. The last one to take a picture with her was her parents, who were both teary-eyed. “Aigoo, my Haeyoung is a woman now,” her father said as he dabbed a handkerchief on his eyes.

 

Somehow, the situation makes her teary-eyed too. “Is the make-up waterproof? I feel like crying!” She joked, wanting to lighten the atmosphere. They all laughed at her humor but it was true that her parents being emotional makes her teary.

 

There are times when they neglect her because of work, and although she understands, it still hurts her. It was times like these though, that she knows how much they care about her. “I love you, mom, dad,” she croaked out and the tears finally fell.

 

The two of them hugged her and they had to get their make-ups retouched before they finally took a photo. “I’m glad you’re happy with Baekhyun, Haeyoung-ah.” Her mother softly said. “He’s a good boy.”

 

“Yes,” her father nodded with a smile. “Tell me if he makes you cry, though. I’ll break his face myself.” Mr. Moon threatened, and they could only laugh at his protectiveness for his one and only daughter.

 

“Madame, Sir, it’s already time for Miss Haeyoung to go. The guests are all here now,” the organizer said.

 

“Oh yes!” Madame Moon exclaimed. She kissed Haeyoung one last time.

 

Haeyoung followed the organizer. As they promised, they created a makeshift balcony in their garden. And because she is Moon Haeyoung, she will descend from the stairs from the balcony, with her Romeo waiting for her halfway.

 

“Please be careful, Miss Haeyoung,” the organizer reminded. She nodded before the spotlight turned to her and all the guests clapped. She smiled at them as she roamed her eyes around. The host was currently introducing her and she’s feeling ecstatic at the moment. The makeshift balcony was decorated with fresh flowers, creating a unique feel to it. But what excites her more is the fact that down there, her Romeo is waiting.

 

At long last, the introduction finished and it was time for her to go. There was no problem though, since her parents made sure that the stairs would be sturdy enough to carry both her and Baekhyun’s weight. There was an open space in the center of the makeshift balcony and she began stepping down from there.

 

Everyone was in awe at how beautiful she was, especially Baekhyun who can’t take his eyes off her. Her charm just radiates throughout the whole place, and he feels so proud that she is his girl and no one else would be able to claim her theirs other than him. Haeyoung’s eyes briefly flitted to him and he didn’t waste any moment. “I love you,” he mouthed to her before smiling.

 

Her heart was beating so fast and she wasn’t paying any attention to the stairs anymore. All she could think of was how in love she is with the man waiting for her. Because of her carelessness, her foot flipped on the stairs and everyone gasped at the impending doom. Even she closed her eyes and waited for her body to fall. Omo omo, don’t tell me that I’d really die here with my body splayed on the ground–!!!

 

However, the falling sensation never came. There was only another warm body against hers who caught her from falling. She gingerly fluttered her eyes open and saw a grinning Baekhyun who had his arms wrapped around her waist and her arms looped through his neck. “You’re so clumsy,” he scolded with a smile. “What would’ve happened if I’m not here?”

 

She only grinned at him. “Nah, you’ll always be around.”

 

“You’re not fit to be a Juliet. You’re ungraceful!” He teased.

 

She pouted, ready to sulk when Baekhyun suddenly stole a peck from her lips. All of the guests clapped and cheered for them as he leaned closer to her. “But you’re my Moon Haeyoung.”

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Whoa, this is done! ;D Thanks to those who read, subscribed, and upvoted! Have a rocking 2015 ;P

-X