{ 01 }

Romeo and Not-so-Juliet

{ 01 }

 

“Miss Haeyoung, you have to get up now. Mr. Byun is–” Her maid wasn’t even able to finish the sentence when Haeyoung got up from her bed.

 

“Byun?” She questioned, the name rolling off her tongue easily. It should not be much of a surprise though, since she had been daydreaming about him ever since they first met. “Is it Baekhyun?” She demanded, and the scared maid could only nod.

 

She immediately got up and fixed herself. “I’ll be there! Tell him to wait for me!” She yelled before racing to her bathroom to take a quick shower. She wants to look her best for him, but well, she can’t keep him waiting for so long, can she?

 

After a brief ten minutes, she’s already done bathing and putting on clothes. She didn’t even bother drying her hair before she grabbed her purse and ran down the stairs. She was still panting when she screeched to a stop in front of him, her hair flying everywhere. So much for being charming, Haeyoung, she sarcastically thought as she ran her fingers over her hair in an attempt to fix it.

 

On the other hand, disdain was evident on Baekhyun’s face. Haeyoung was wearing an oversized sweater showing off her shoulder, the thin strap of her black tank top inside showing coupled with denim shorts. She’s too far from Sulli, he thought, thinking about his first love. She won’t wear something this revealing–

 

“Hey? Earth to Baekhyun?” Haeyoung wiggled her hands in front of him. “We should get going!”

 

He impatiently slammed the magazine he was reading down on the coffee table before he walked out of the house without even waiting for Haeyoung. He doesn’t really want to take part in that girl’s debut. He doesn’t even know her, for Pete’s sake! If it weren’t only for the merger between their companies, it’s impossible that he’d agree to being her . His parents asked him for this favor in exchange of his sister being left alone with whoever she wants to date. And because he is such a good brother, he agreed on being the one who’ll be baited away.

 

At first, he admits that he was amused at her, which was why he acted charming in their first meeting. It was funny too, the way she reacted when she first saw him. He was only having fun, but he was surprised to find out that she actually liked him!

 

He was surprised when he felt an arm linking through his. When he turned his head, he saw Haeyoung grinning cheekily at him. He tried tugging his arm away but her grasp on him only tightened. “C’mon, don’t be a killjoy, Bacon!” She teased before chuckling.

 

He immediately pushed her away as she continued laughing. “Stop calling me that, will you?! And stop clinging to me!!!” He yelled before getting inside the car, slamming the door to her face.

 

Rather than being disheartened though, she only smirked. Playing hard to get, huh? I’ll play this game for you, Bacon, she cunningly thought to herself before letting herself in the car because a certain someone left his gentlemanly qualities to the wind.

 

The car ride to the boutique where she will check her gowns was a quiet one apart from her teasing Baekhyun. He doesn’t even look at her even when she keeps talking, but she strengthened her resolve. Moon Haeyoung, you’re only starting! Hwaiting!

 

When the car halted, Haeyoung exited the car herself because she knows that Baekhyun won’t open the car door for her, not in a million years. If someone told her that she would be willingly entering a boutique a week ago, she would have strangled them to death while laughing. She snuck a look at Baekhyun who was now leading the way. Byun Baekhyun just has to come and ruin my plans, she thought with a smile.

 

“Oh, Miss Haeyoung, Mr. Baekhyun!” The shop manager exclaimed. They were immediately offered a seat. “I will just call the designer,” she politely said before leaving. The two of them were left alone and she immediately noticed how the other girls who were also looking around stopped and stared at Baekhyun.

 

She then turned to look at Baekhyun who looked like he had no care in the world. She was glad that he’s not paying attention to them, but those girls got to see to whom he belongs to.

 

Haeyoung immediately linked her arms with him again, and when he tried escaping, she only tightened her hold. “Don’t try to escape; I won’t let you go anyway.” She nonchalantly stated as she grinned at him.

 

Baekhyun only huffed before shaking his head. He didn’t bother pushing her away anymore, since he knows how stubborn she can get in the small amount of time that he knew her.

 

She snuck a look at the girls who were just ogling at her Baekhyun. Fortunately, they seem to take the hint that Baekhyun is taken and will never be on the market for them. She triumphantly grinned as they waited for the designer to personally show them their clothes for the upcoming debut.

 

“Miss Haeyoung! Mr. Baekhyun!” One of the designers, Min Jaehwan, exclaimed. The two of them stood up, her arms still looped through his, as Jaehwan led the way to the huge waiting room where they could fit their gowns and tuxes. Of course, being the one and only daughter of Moon Corporations, her mother made sure to make her party as extravagant as it can get. She has five gowns that she will wear over the course of the party, and three gowns which were made for back-ups. They were all custom-made for her, tailored for her preferences and measurements.

 

She’s not at all excited about it, but in order to spend time with Byun Baekhyun, she has to do her best to enjoy the stupid gowns. She has nothing with gowns, really, but she just doesn’t like wearing it. She’s uncomfortable with it because she cannot freely move, which was why she insisted that she wouldn’t wear ball gowns at all.

 

“Come, Miss Haeyoung, here are the designs that your mother approved of,” Jaehwan said. “My assistants will help you try them out.”

 

She was already bored but she nodded anyway. Besides, she cannot wait to see Baekhyun in a tux, too. The two assistants led the way to the fitting room, handing her the first gown. She didn’t bother going out to show Baekhyun, since she knows that he won’t be interested, anyway. She only hurried through the eight gowns to check if it fits her. Thankfully, there are no big adjustments which should be made apart from the material of one of the gowns which made her skin itch.

 

It took her almost an hour to finish the eight gowns by herself. She didn’t bother asking the assistants to help her dress since she has her own two hands, thank you very much. After dressing back to her own clothes, she exited the fitting room only to find Baekhyun wearing his tux outside.

 

She felt as if her world stopped as she stared at him. He looks so beautiful and polished, and she couldn’t help but to like him all over again. “Aigoo, my Bacon’s a ssangnamja!~” She cooed as she pinched his cheeks.

 

“Get away from me, you crazy woman!” He exclaimed, his index finger pressed against her forehead to push her away. Haeyoung’s craziness didn’t stop there, though. She quickly whipped out her phone and took countless pictures of Baekhyun like a deranged fangirl. Baekhyun only shook his head at her crazy antics before going back to the fitting room to change his clothes.

 

“Bacon-ah! Don’t change! I’ll take you home wearing that and let’s get married later!” She teased before giggling. Even the designer and the assistants couldn’t stop their laughter at the way she behaves.

 

Moon Haeyoung is capital C-R-A-Z-Y! He thought in disbelief as he heard her giggle from outside. That crazy girl… She surely couldn’t hold a candle to Sulli.

 

His brows furrowed as his hands remain frozen on his hair. Why am I even comparing that blockhead to Sulli, anyway?! He shook his head before leaving the fitting room, back to Moon Haeyoung’s crazy world.

 

______________________________________________________________________

A/N; Thank you for the subscribers!~ ;D I hope you'll also comment... ;P

By the way, ssangnamja = manly man ;)