{ 03 }

Romeo and Not-so-Juliet

{ 03 }

 

Taking a deep breath, Baekhyun opened the car’s backseat and settled himself. He closed his eyes and massaged his temples as the car’s engine roared to life. He doesn’t want to admit it, but Haeyoung’s still a girl and he’s afraid that something might happen to her.

 

Aish, that crazy girl! He thought and before he knew it, he was already talking to the driver. “Please stop the car.”

 

Mr. Shim immediately stopped and Baekhyun stepped out, running to the direction where he last saw Haeyoung was headed to. He was running hard that he didn’t even care even if he bumped on some people. Thankfully though, she hasn’t gotten far. He saw her standing in front of a store, but it seems like her mind was somewhere far.

 

He clenched his jaw as he saw a group of teenage guys openly ogling at her. After all, her milky skin was showing because of her oversized sweater and her short shorts. Goddamn oversized sweater and shorts! He thought to himself as he intentionally bumped into the group to distract them from staring at Haeyoung.

 

“Damn, watch where you’re going!” One of the guys said. Baekhyun only faked an apology before he followed her again.

 

He smiled to himself as he kept on following her around. It’s a good thing that she seems to be having fun even though she’s alone. Her candid smiles and laughter somehow makes him smile too, much to his surprise. He didn’t even notice that the skies were already darkening and that Haeyoung should head home already.

 

He was about to finally reveal himself to her when a group of girls suddenly blocked his way. “Yes? Is there anything you need?” He politely asked, although he was itching to leave so he could follow Haeyoung already.

 

“Uh… Baekhyun-ssi?” One of the girls called out.

 

“Yes?”

 

The girl blushed when he answered and it took all his might not to leave. “Ca–can we take a pi–picture with you?”

 

He only nodded. He’s already used to these kinds of occurrences, since he belongs in EXO, after all. They are twelve friends but their group’s famous because of their looks and wealth. He took the picture with them quietly before he slipped away, not even acknowledging the girls who were thanking him. His mind was in haywire because Haeyoung was nowhere to be found. He looked around, left and right in hopes of finding her, but she wasn’t anywhere.

 

His heart was thumping with nervousness. Damn Haeyoung, where are you?! He infuriatingly questioned to himself when he saw an alley wherein he hasn’t looked at yet. He swallowed hard and ran towards there, and his blood ran cold when he saw Haeyoung being cornered by two thugs. He was about to run to save her when she beat her to it by kicking her opponents.

 

He was frozen on his spot as he watched her defend herself. Seeing her like that brought a smile to his lips. He immediately called out the police to report the incident and soon enough, they came and caught the suspects.

 

Baekhyun, on the other hand, ran to Haeyoung and hugged her from behind, his heart still beating fast from the scare of having her injured or harmed.

 

--

 

“You really did that?” Haeyoung dreamily sighed as she held her chocolate mug closer. They were in a coffee shop after they called the Moons’ lawyer to deal with the ones who tried to harm Haeyoung in the police station. Needless to say, the thugs were scared to death since they didn’t realize that Haeyoung was really rich.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes before taking a sip from his own mug. He downplayed everything he did earlier so she won’t think much about it, but of course, she just wouldn’t listen and try to exaggerate everything.

 

She shook her head at his reaction. “Aigoo, aigoo! You’re such a liar, Bacon!”

 

His eyebrows creased at the accusation. “What the heck are you talking about, you crazy girl?!”

 

She cleared several times before speaking in a low tone in an attempt to mimic Baekhyun’s voice, “You crazy girl… Just how much do you want me to worry about you?”

 

He felt his cheeks burn as she spoke repeatedly like a broken record. He doesn’t know what’s with him earlier too, for him to say that. “I– I was just worried since your parents know you’re with me!” He tried to defend. “I don’t want them to think that I’m irresponsible and I can’t even take care of you.”

 

“Oooooh,” she reacted, and he knew at once that she already found another way to twist his words. “So you want them to think that you’re responsible enough to take care of me, then?”

 

His eyes widened at her statement. “YAH, I didn’t–”

 

“Aigoo!” She coyly laughed at him as his face reddened with embarrassment. “It’s okay, Bacon-ah. I know you love me~” She teased, the goofy grin never disappearing from her face.

 

He didn’t even try contradicting her anymore, since he knows that she will always win the argument. Haeyoung will always find a way to turn his words against him, after all. That’s Moon Haeyoung for you.

 

“We should head home,” he said as he stood up. “I’m sure your parents are worried.”

 

“Nahhh,” she pouted cutely as she propped her elbows on the table and supported her chin with her hands. “I’m sure they’re not.”

 

“Why would you say that?”

 

She puffed her cheeks and smiled, “Because I’m with my Romeo!!!” She giggled by herself as he shook her head, a smile forming on his lips.

 

____________________________________________________________________

A/N: 매리 크리스마스!~~ ^^