6th Score

Perfect Accord (Paused for a moment)

So Chanyeol was hopeful with what Baekhyun had said and given him. He felt like his chances in being noticed and valued more by the shorter would make Kris’ advance waver but he thought wrong about Kris’s integrity.

 

 

Because the moment that Kris war turned down and was ditched by them; his approach became relentless and add the fact that he changed into a lesser prick as he was at first in Chanyeol’s point of view. In which he found alarming to the point that he started to doubt that Baekhyun’s attention would be averted to him.

 

 

Yes, he did found himself being overly insecure whenever Kris makes his appearance to the smaller male. He admits to himself that Kris had an upper hand over his charisma, let alone his ways in wooing Baekhyun from time to time. “How can he be both attractive and skillful when it comes to captivating a person’s heart?” he wondered to himself.

 

 

Baekhyun had grown fond over Kris throughout the days that had pass and it was something that was really scaring him.

 

 

“Chan, hello?” A worried voice asked which broke his trail of thoughts. He quickly snapped back into reality “What? Oh… yeah, I’m fine” he shrugged off the topic but Lay was really confused at this point. It wasn’t like him to drift off like that.

 

 

 

“You know… you can tell me if something bothering you; I don’t mind sparing my time to listen to your issues” he insisted. “It’s not worth wasting your time. So it’s better off if I keep it to myself” he sadly said but perked up a smile to try to be at least covering his sulking.

 

 

“Chanyeol, you’re one of my good friends here and seeing you mope like that feels like a weigh in me. Now cough it off before you tick me off because of your stupid excuses” he still spoke in a kind tone of voice but his eyes surely says he means business.

 

 

“W-Well… I… do have some issues regarding Baekhyun…” he lowered his head to avert eye contact because he knows in himself that he was shy whenever he tries to talk about something that’s sensitive in his term. Lay waited patiently for him to continue on, “You see… he’s rather occupied lately so I wasn’t able to get a hold of him lately” Lay raised a brow with that lame issue.

 

 

“Then call him you idiot. Don’t be stupid, what’s the purpose of having his number if you don’t try and call him or even text him? You surely don’t know how to take advantage of what’s been given to you huh?” he bluntly stated; Yeol was rather taken aback by his words, it wasn’t every day that Lay speaks so aggressively.

 

 

“Honestly, Lay… I didn’t want to call him so much because he might find me as a bother if I continually do so. I already text him at times and call once in a while… but the point is, I can’t be with him. Like physically be around him, just me and him… just the both of us together with no one to in” he elaborated; Yixin shook his head before saying “If you were that desperate to have him alone then take him to a hotel or something, that usually works for me and Suho” Chanyeol was stumped for about a minute before he was able to recollect himself.

 

 

He blushed beet red before answering “No! Nothing like that…”  he sighed before taking in a deep breath “What I was trying to say was, Baek has been entertained by that Wu Yifan and he’s actually being drawn into him and that leaves me in a disposition. I feel like I was the new guy in school and the person I found as my crush turned out to be with someone…” he frowned at the thought and lowered his head “I feel dejected and unattractive whenever I see Kris hover around Baek… and it also hurts” he confessed and Lay felt a heavy feeling in his chest as he listened to his dear friend “Come here” he invited him in a gentle hug.

 

 

Lay gave him a comforting hug to ease the trouble he’s going through; with a pat on his back he pulled out of the embrace “Chan’s in love huh? Never thought you’d get hit that fast” he smiled and Chanyeol brought out a meek grin. “Just remember Yeol, you shouldn’t give up just yet because Baek’s being occupied by someone. You have the same chances as the other. It’s all fair if you put the effort into it” he assured him.

 

 

 

He smiled brightly at the uplifting words and Lay stood up and fixed himself “Well, I better be heading off. You wouldn’t want gramps to be fussy if I were to be late for a date. Don’t forget that there’s no more school, you have all the chances to woo Baekhyun your own way” he gave him a simple reminder before he left.

 

 

Chanyeol took in the words that were provided for him; he realized that he had lost faith in himself all too quickly; that he had almost given up on someone that had made him harbor such emotions in a small span of time. He took a deep breath and got up from his miserable state to prove himself wrong in thinking that he doesn’t stand a chance over Kris.

 

 

 

He marched towards the bus stop and firmly made his way to Baekhyun’s place “I can do this! I can’t give up just yet!” he motivated himself. Luckily he had gone to Baekhyun’s place before, he dropped him off but was still accompanied by both Kyungsoo and Jongin.

 

 

When he did got there, he stood in front of the house for a few good minutes and gathered as much courage as he could then rang the doorbell. “There’s no turning back in this” he informed himself. He heard footsteps getting closer until it stopped and the knob turned.

 

 

 

He was greeted by a woman that was similarly like Baek, now he knows where he gets that beauty from. “Oh hello there” she politely spoke “How may I help you?” smiling at the sudden guest.

 

 

“Hello there, my name’s Park Chanyeol and I’m one of Baek’s schoolmate. I ugh… was wonderin’ if Baek’s there right now?” he asked hesitantly and she gave him a gentle smile and opened the door wider “He is and he’s with Kyungsoo and the rest. Come on inside” he invited him in. “I’m quite happy to see that Baekhyun had started to have more friends around him. You see after a certain accident back when he was a kid, he became mute due to the traumatic incident. Therapy helped him to at least communicate verbally again from time to time”

 

 

 

“But I’m now relieved that he had conquered his trauma and became normal again” Chanyeol was partly stunned at the information but he didn’t want to be negative at something that had already been set in the past.

 

 

 

When they got to the living room, all eyes darted at the new comer “Chanyeol?” Kyungsoo was the first to speak “I’ll leave you guys to bond. I’ll just be upstairs if you need me” she then made her leave from the group of teens.

 

 

 

“I thought you’d never visit!” Baek gleefully spoke and patted the spot beside him at the couch. He smiled but it faltered as he got close enough to see another company sitting cozily beside Baekhyun; well Kyungsoo and Jongin weren’t the only ones that were present in the living room. Wu Yifan was also part of the posse now. He felt his stomach churn in frustration as he saw the Chinese man and Kris seems to feel the same way as he did.

 

 

They both exchanged glares and felt their blood boil at the mere presence of the other. “Come on you guys, I’m tired of the both of you fighting. Chanyeol, Kris is a good guy and he’s also talented. Honestly he’s rather cocky but if you at least try to get to know him better it’ll be a smooth process” Baek was eager to cleanse them off their rivalry.

 

 

Yifan chuckled at how Chanyeol received a minor scolding in his point of view but, “As for you Kris, don’t be a jerk to him. He’s nice, funny and also a gifted musician/songwriter. The both of you are great people but I don’t like the conflict that always seem to brew whenever you two are around each other” he pleaded for the two of them.

 

 

 

“This is why I don’t like people hitting on Baek since he always gets caught up at the middle because  of some stupid race to see who gets to be adored by him” Jongin stated and Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes on him “Yeah, let’s make it clear here. This is the very first time Baekhyun had fully devoted suitors in which he’s too dense to think pass the kindness and tentative he always thought he’s receiving. So don’t act as if this had happened more than the usual occasion”

 

 

 

“Never the less, Baekhyun is just too innocent to turn down one of them. If it’s possible, he should smite down one of them so he’d be able to be in a less… awkward situation between the two lugheads over there” they both chucked at that thought though but it was still in Baekhyun’s hands on who he’d have more affection for.

 

 

 

Being drawn in their own conversation, they fail to notice what the three were doing. “I think it’s safe to say that Baekhyun had gotten used to handling such people” looking at the two who were silent in their seats.

 

 

 

“I’m glad that we’re all dandy now. Now let’s get down into better talk since Chanyeol’s here now” Kyungsoo broke the ice and the rest of them looked at the doe-eyed guy “So here’s the thing since I don’t want this conversation to beat around the bush and all. Byun Baekhyun, join the band before the winter festival or else I’ll be strict with you” he threatened.

 

 

“K-Kyung… why be so~” even before he could finish, Kyungsoo interjected “Time’s running out, there’s only a few more days before the festival takes place and we need that voice of yours in that song to make it perfect. If you hadn’t really noticed, Lay had also pestered us about convincing you to join and let’s face it. I’ve heard those who tried to fill in the part but none of them were even close to harmonizing their voices with the song”

 

 

 

Baekhyun was dumbfounded in his seat as he was directly confronted and the rest of them could only look at the shorter that was firmly standing for his reason in convincing Baek to join. Baekhyun had always had qualms over singing in front of a crowd; although he recalls his old self being part of the choir and he’d be lying to himself if he denies the feeling up on stage. The only reason he’s having a mental debate about joining them was because he’s afraid that he might mess the whole thing up because of the insecurities that he still has.

 

 

 

Even before there was another word that came out of the two, Kris intervened with his own devised statement “Baek, although I have yet to personally heard you sing. I know by heart that you have this voice that would surely captivate lots of people. Well I know in myself that I would, so would you at least reconsider Kyungsoo’s assertive way of offer”

 

 

 

Another bold move” Chanyeol thought to himself but he couldn’t argue with what he said; he has heard Baekhyun once when the shorter didn’t notice his presence as he sneaked at the music room when Baekhyun was too immersed with his song.

 

 

Kyungsoo and Kai were somehow bewildered that Baekhyun was showing hesitation on what Kris had told him; “Is he really considering Kris’ words as of now?” Jongin questioned the decision that Baekhyun was concocting inside of him.

 

 

“Baek…” but of course, Chanyeol wouldn’t let Kris out shine him “I think that you’re the best person to fit those lines; not because I’m just trying to coax you but I’ve heard you before and believe me when I say that I have yet to hear such a lovely voice in my entire life” Baekhyun was truly struck at awe at how the two were really doing their best to convince him into joining.

 

 

“I think that these two have given out more than the needed reason for you to join. Jongin and I here are both anticipated with you singing because, why wouldn’t we? You’re our best friend and we want you to be more than just be part of the whole song but also show everyone how talented you truly are”

 

 

 

With that Baekhyun shut his eyes shut and took a deep breath “F-Fine… I’ll go along with it; I’ll sing the lines that you want me to but… I can’t assure that I’ll be able to~” Jongin interrupted “Trust me, you’ll do fine” he affirmed. He scanned his eyes around him as saw all of them were all rooting for him in their own personal way. “Okay, I’ll do whatever it takes to give a good show at the festival” he swore to them.

 

 

 

The four of them cheered and to be precise, Chanyeol was the most happiest between the rest of them because of two things. One, he was happy because he’ll be able to hear Baekhyun sing and this time he doesn’t have to hide his presence and two, he’s going to sing the song he himself had composed. He felt like he won the lotto at that very moment.

 

 

 

With so much gush of emotions, Chanyeol wasn’t able to refrain himself from pulling Baekhyun into a tight embrace which stunned the rest of the people around them. After a minute, Kris had recovered at the bashful action that Chanyeol had done and tore him away from Baekhyun. “Who gave you the right to hug Baekhyun like that?!” he blared. “It was the spur of the moment and why wouldn’t I hug someone as endearing as Baekhyun? Why? Jealous?”

 

 

 

His teasing was meant to joke but it seem that Yifan had taken it seriously “Of course I’m jealous! I like Baekhyun and I don’t like other people touching him let along hug him in front of him!” he fumed and his breathing was rather raspy “Do you think I would let you be the only one who gets to be part of his life? I aim on being his and his alone so don’t go imposing that you’re someone that can just touch him so freely! If you want to touch him then you should court him fair and square!”

 

 

Those words rang into Chanyeol mind and honestly even with a bold personality and a frank way with words, Yifan has yet to lay a finger on Baek. “Wait a minute? Why do I have to compare what he had kept himself from doing with what I can do?” he realized “I’m doing things fair here and to be accurate I’m doing things my own pace, my own style and my own rate!” he fended.

 

 

“I like Baek no, scratch that… I love him and I want to be as affectionate as I can be and at the same time I want to also be a person he could rely on and lean onto as a friend. Just like what you said, fair and square. I’m limiting myself and at some point I’m even belittling myself because of you but since I consider you as a contender, I have to it up and show that I’m worthy for him because…” he looked at Baekhyun straight in the eyes “I can’t lose someone as valuable as you to him. I can’t take the chance in losing the first person I’ve fallen in love with”

 

 

The whole room was silent; driven into a complete and utter shock at the absolute boldness of Chanyeol’s confession. Baekhyun was the one who was truly struck in awe; he was feeling blissful, overjoyed but also afraid. He knows he has accumulated some feelings for the tall giant but, he wasn’t sure on whatever his emotions would lead to a conclusion.

 

 

“I love you Baek, sincerely I do…” he spoke gently and no longer minding the rest of the people around because he knows in himself that there’s no turning back at his confession and there’s no shyness that will refrain him from expressing the truth that he held within his heart.

 

I’ve bitten my tongue more than once whenever I let a good chance pass by, but now I’ll be brave and I’ll show Kris how much you mean to me by being fully confident with myself and showing you how much love I have for you

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



If there are mistakes please do tell me :3

Sorry for the huge gap with the last chapter; I was busy with lots of stuff and I had lots of qualms on how to construct this chapter. I hope you like this progress that escalated so quickly. Also, thanks so much for you readers :D I love you guys for still reading even though there's always a long wait. Please do continue to sub :3 it makes me feel loved each time you do so.