5th Score

Perfect Accord (Paused for a moment)

5th score

 

“Okay Chanyeol, you should man up and ask Baekhyun… it’s been what? 2 weeks and you should know better that he’s not that distant anymore. Right, I can do this, I can ask him” Chanyeol took in a deep breath before he went to Baekhyun’s classroom, fully expecting him to be around the couple.

 

It has been 2 weeks and the progress between then was exponential; Baekhyun became a bit up beat than he had been before; his conversations with the guy started to last more than just a few minutes also add the occasional eye contacts they started to do most of the time whenever their joint group would have a practice session at the couple’s house/studio.

 

He believed that Baekhyun had slowly bloom from the bud he had kept on being before and it made him happy that he was somewhat one of the reasons he’s changing for the best. His heart raced and his pulse rise just the thought of asking Baekhyun his one and only request, the only thing he had been hyped about ever since he played with him for the first time at the mini concert at the park.

 

“Baek!” he called as he stuck his head inside the classroom door; he scanned around the place looking for the said man and ended up smiling brightly when he noticed the back of Baekhyun conversing with the two sweethearts. He took another deep breath and made his way towards the guy but his confidence die little by little as he saw another figure talking casually with Baekhyun.

 

His face was white and his aura sent out an all-out charm that he wanted to puke; He has a fine fit figure being that his uniform tends to hug his body tightly. The guy was totally a threat, well in his blooming affections towards the smaller male, the foreign figure was surely somewhat to be reckoned with.

 

“Oh, Chan good morning!” Kyung kindly greeted the tall guy and Kai just sent him a simply wave of his hand. “Hey there” Baekhyun cheered when he turned to face the giant. “Oh… hi Baek” he mentally cursed himself for stammering over Baekhyun’s smile. “Hi dude, my name’s Wu Yifan but you can call me Kris” the guy stood up from his seat and offered a handshake.

 

It took Chanyeol a few seconds to comprehend the situation with the guy that emitted a DANGER sign inside his head. Kris on the other raised a brow at the slow reaction from the other end; Baekhyun being able to notice that Chanyeol was out of his coherence, he tugged the hem of Chanyeol’s uniform to snap him out of his daze.

 

“Oh… sorry, Park Chanyeol” he forced a smile and accepted the handshake then quickly pulled away. Kris found it odd on how the guy was reacting but he shrugged off the thought and sat back to his seat in front of Baekhyun’s “So Baek, like what I said a while ago. I was wondering if whether you’re free this Saturday, I was thinking of going one of the musicals being held on. Ever watched Singing in the rain before?” Baek shook his head.

 

“My parents had and they wanted me to watch it with them before but I was busy with reviewing for a test that time so I wasn’t able to come along with them” although Kyungsoo and Kai was fully interested at the bold moves that Kris was showing off, the two could practically feel the begrudging look on Chanyeol’s face while he listens to the guy casually talk to Baekhyun, ask Baekhyun out and make a confident composure in front of Baekhyun.

 

He felt envious and at the same time raging inside; yes he’s jealous and he’s fully aware of that and the rest of his circle of friends knows exactly how much he could be jealous whenever someone starts to pounce on Baekhyun ever since he started to become less of an introvert. “Looks like Romeo found a challenge” Kai whispered to his partner.

 

“You’re being mean Jong In, anyways… Kris are we invited in this?” he snapped Baekhyun and Yifan’s conversation “Well we can go on a double date if that’s what you’d like, you’re free to come along” he smiled at the two while Baek was obviously struck at the blunt words that he mistakenly thought was a simple way of just bonding with him.

 

Chanyeol on the other hand choked a chuckle at what he had heard, “The nerve!” he fought the urge to say out loud. Kai was relishing the show while Kyungsoo aimed to cut the scene before Chanyeol would end up losing his temper at how Kris was so daring towards Baekhyun. “Baek, I think we should get that book we needed at the library, come on, we still have 15 minutes before the 1st period starts” he stood up from his own seat and dragged Baekhyun by the arm.

 

“Hey, I’m not done talking to him yet… I still need to ask when I’ll pick him up” Kris whined but right after he finished his sentence the smaller guy had already pulled him out of the classroom. Sighing heavily, he turned back to his seat and slump himself down the desk. Chanyeol on the other hand was thankful for Kyungsoo’s actions and he smirked at the look on Kris’s gloomy figure. “Serves you right ” he hissed inside yet again.

 

“Hey Yeol, can we talk for a minute?” Kai knew the drill and took Chanyeol out for a walk at the bustling hallways; when they were already far from the classroom, Jong In immediately asked out “Were you about to burst right on the spot if their conversation were to continue?” Chanyeol glared at him, still his rage has yet to subside “I was planning on shoving him off of Baekhyun’s face and telling him to get the off before a fight would even start” he gritted his teeth right after what he said and Kai really found it priceless.

 

“It’s not every day you get this jealous whenever someone approaches Baekhyun these past few days” he chuckled a bit, “Seriously Jong In, who was that guy? Don’t tell me he’s in the same class as you guys!” he blurted out and a few students who heard stared a bit before going back to their business. “Whoa, don’t take it out on me. He’s Wu Yifan as he said earlier, he’s a foreign exchange student but he’s thinking of staying more than he’s supposed to since his grandfather became a resident here in Korea. Actually it’s his first day here and he decided to come to class earlier in which the others were wondering who he was”

 

They turned to the corner and snuck inside the fire exit to have a seat, “He introduced himself yadi, yada… and girls giggling like a maniac, crappier stuff then he noticed Baekhyun talking with us. We were rather indulged at the whole event for the winter music festival to notice him and then he suddenly intruded our conversation by re-introducing himself to us before casually dropping all care with me and Kyung and just talking to Baekhyun like he was so close of a friend of his”

 

Chanyeol scoffed at the way he heard Kris’s attitude with them, “But the whole asking out thing was rather a shocker, I thought he was just hitting on his in a shallow way that Baekhyun wouldn’t notice but he just dropped the bomb with saying he’s fine with a double date with me and Kyung” Chanyeol shook his head with disbelief and it was evident that he was still pissed. “So what’re you planning on doing now? Knowing you this pass few weeks, it’s obvious you don’t have the balls to ask Baekhyun out on a date”

 

All anger was flushed right in an instant when Jong In brought in the topic of asking Baekhyun out; it wasn’t that hard to notice his fail attempts to ask him out. It was also not that hard to understand that whenever he’s about to ask him out, his voice would either crack or his throat would feel a huge lump that would prevent him to say what he needs to say.

 

“I… I was planning on asking him out this Friday after my shift at the café but~” he trailed off and felt hopeless. “Why’s the cat always getting that tongue of yours I wonder; Anyways, it’s not that hard to see that Baekhyun has interests in you too you idiot. Ever since he saw you play the piano he’s like a puppy who found his master. Wasn’t it obvious the moment we played that mini concert at the park the first time?” he looked at Jong In with a saddened face.

 

“I… I can tell that he does too but… I just can’t bring the words out whenever I seem him look at me with those eyes, with that smile and with that voice of his. It just takes my breath away” Jong In didn’t found it adorable, he found it pathetic, pathetic to the point wherein he’s letting the chance slip away while a new contender that’s far more bolder, charismatic and slightly taller than him appeared. “Yeol dude, you’re going to end up regretting your actions if this guy would ends up actually making Baekhyun like him. Kyung and I heard that he’s a pianist as well and Baekhyun’s head over heels with a person who plays well with the piano, no offense but his overall seems to outmatch yours add the fact that he’s also part of a wealthy family”

 

“ that guy, Baekhyun wouldn’t be that naïve to fall for someone who’s uptight and spoiled to the core. He’s more than just a petty person being blinded by physical appearance and social status” he did made a clear point but, “Yeah, the last time I recall, you keep on asking how you look whenever we go out for a group meal. You also try to show off a bit by buying Baekhyun some treats whenever he seemed interested. Yeah… I think you’re far from what Kris is, minus the social status and the other profiles, you’re an exact carbon copy” he smiled sarcastically at Chanyeol.

 

“Well I was trying to look cool in front of Baekhyun, I want him to notice me and I wanted to show that I’m no stingy guy” he defended but Jong In rolled his eyes, “Are you really a dimwit? What more attention do you want from a guy that gets lost whenever he hears you play the grand piano at the café? How much of a cool person do you think you are by showing how that you’re also a composer and that you can play various instrument? Dude, Baekhyun’s attention towards you is more than I’ve ever seen before and what, you’re asking for more? Do you want Baekhyun to run to you and confess like a high school girl?”

 

Jong In’s parental instincts were kicking in again and it was that time that Chanyeol was regretting his words, “Chanyeol, I’m fine if Baekhyun has interests in you and likewise on your side but I’m not letting Baekhyun act as if he’s the one who has to initiate because I’m telling you, I’m not happy with this and I’ll step in if things turns out unfair with Baekhyun’s part” Jong In was sure scary as Kyungsoo is.

 

“Kai no… it’s nothing like that… I didn’t mean it to sound like that. What I mean to say is that I still lack of self-esteem to pursue Baek and… hearing that Kris is a big shot made it worse. I feel belittled with just knowing his background” Chanyeol was at his depressing state and Jong In couldn’t be mad at his condition. “Look, if you keep on comparing yourself because you lack of wealth and other mumbo jumbo, then you’ll definitely lose Baekhyun’s affection. Be yourself because I know Baekhyun would love that”

 

As simple as that Chanyeol felt less degraded about himself, “All there is to it is be confident on what you have because Baekhyun already sees you as someone who’s worth being with” Chanyeol smiled at the kind words, “I never knew you had a soft spot for me… dad” he teased “Don’t push it, I’m not considering you as a son-in-law even in a million years” he retorted but still Jong In smiled, “Ouch… then I think I can settle with just a live in partner then” they both chuckled but Kai smacked a hand on his back which was rather hard that it made Chanyeol gasp at the stinging sensation.

 

“Let’s get back to our class before we’re late, there’s only… !” he dashed off leaving Chanyeol at awe. “It wasn’t that~ oh crud…” he did the same when he saw the time at his phone.

 

All the while, Baekhyun’s head was drifting off of the lecture his teacher was explaining right up front. He was in a daze at the thoughts of what Kyungsoo had told him earlier.

 

Baek, I think you should try to be more defiant with people who’re asking you out even though you just met them. It’s not that I’m against you dating someone; you’re at the proper age and state of mind to decide on that but please don’t make quick decisions on someone like that creepBaekhyun blinked a few times before answering back.

 

But Kyung… I wasn’t going to say yes right away nor would I. Yeah I was shock but I wasn’t thinking of saying yes or even answering right away. He’s handsome and all but you know quite well that I’m not that cured from my social incapability. I actually felt scare that I wanted to run from himhe explained and Kyungsoo could see that he was stating a huge fact.

 

He has started conversing more than the usual but ever since other students were seeing that side of Baekhyun, a few of them started hitting on him and it was both good and bad for him since it still intimidates Baekhyun. “Well I guess I was afraid that Kris would be more of an exemption being that you were actually having a great talk with him earlier. I’m glad you’re thinking carefully and at the same time holding up with your social issues despite Kris’s blunt attempt”

 

Baek smiled faintly “So, what’re you going to tell Kris once we’re back? I don’t think he’d surrender easily” Baekhyun sighed at the question “I need to think this through, I don’t want to disappoint him or anything” he saw consideration in Baekhyun’s eyes. “I’ll let you decide on your own but if you need any suggestion, don’t hesitate on asking” Baek nodded and they made their way towards the library to fetch the book Kyungsoo really needed.

 

His train of thought broke when he saw a crumpled piece of paper fall in front of him; he saw Kris turn a bit and winked at him before drawing his face back to the blackboard. Baekhyun opened up the piece of paper and read it’s content; he swore he was blushing deeply at what he read “I think I want to kiss you after our first date, would you like that?” the message read.

 

Kyungsoo noticed the burning cheeks his friend had and it was clear that Kris made another gutsy move. “Kyung, I don’t think that Baekhyun can handle someone as confident as Kris” Kai whispered from the back. “Let’s just hope Kris doesn’t go over the boundaries because I’ll make sure he knows his grounds” he sternly replied to his partner. “I knew you wouldn’t let it slip that easily” he chuckled a bit before going back to the lecture.

 

 

As soon as the teacher dismissed them, Kris turned around right away to look at Baekhyun who was shocked at the sudden movement while he was putting away his textbooks to his bag. “You’re really gorgeous you know that?” he commented which sent Baekhyun’s cheek to burn once more “I’d flatter you all day just to keep on seeing you blush like that for me. So how ‘bout it? Date this Saturday? I’d pick you up with my car so you wouldn’t hassle yourself”

 

Baekhyun couldn’t cough off a single word on how Kris was bombarding him with words he had never encountered in his teenage life, “Well… I ugh…” he stuttered and looked over to Kyungsoo and Kai who were fixing up their books. “Come on Baek, I’ll make sure you’re going to love our first date” he winked and it was somehow heart pounding and at the same time it was too intimidating.

 

“Kris, don’t you think you should take it slow with not only the words you’re using but by also the way you’re dragging everything into a high speed relationship” Jong In sternly implied to the man. “Hey, it’s not every day you find someone as beautiful as him. Heck I’d even agree to be his boyfriend even if I’m straight” he showed off his pearly whites but his words earned a questioning look.

 

“You’re straight? Seriously?” Kyung couldn’t help but to ask, “Yeah, I’ve dated lots of women, made a steady relationship but none of them possessed a certain attraction like Baekhyun made like, I was all wow when I first saw his face” Baekhyun couldn’t hide the embarrassment on how Kris was describing his first impression over him. He was flattered but the way Kris was saying those words were practically too much for Baekhyun to bear.

 

“Come on man, you don’t have to hide it if you’ve already swung for the other team” Kai kid but Kris held that far off look that says “I don’t get it?

 

Yifan blinked several times before he gave his attention back to Baekhyun, “So Baek… can you give me a chance? Just this once, lemme show you that I’m not joking that I like you and that I want to start dating you soon as possible because I wouldn’t want anyone to try and steal you away from me” he begged in a mannerly way. Even before Baekhyun could give out an answer, “Aren’t you harassing him all too much? I mean, you can’t just barge into someone’s life and ask him out just because you feel like it!” a deep voice blurted from the classroom door.

 

Baekhyun turned to see Chanyeol fuming with a white fist to add, “If you don’t want to be accused to be a ual harasser, then ing get off of Baekhyun’s case!” he continued on as he stepped forward not minding if he’ll spark a fight between the slightly taller male. Kris on the other hand was rather clam and well composed, he didn’t show any frustrations on what Chanyeol was spouting. Instead he scoffed at those very words and acted like it was nothing. “Mind your own business, I’m trying to date someone and you’re cramping my style” he waved him off, ticking Chanyeol into total rage.

 

Luckily Jong In was fast enough to restrain the tall guy; “Yeol don’t lose your cool, remember Baekhyun doesn’t adore violent people” he whispered to him. His heaving chest that was full of anger, slowly subsided when he turned to face a frightened Baekhyun. “I’m sorry… Baek” he meekly apologized, “If you still feel like coming to the café to listen to me play later, just sit at your usual table. I’m very sorry to act like this”

 

Regret was evident in Chanyeol’s face as he made an action before thinking of the consequences and the how he’d look towards the smaller man. He was scared, he feared people that had the guts to tell Baekhyun about their interests in him or someone asking him out. He was afraid of the chances he’d have with him would fade away the moment someone would catch his attention.

 

Jong In loosened his grip towards Chanyeol as the giant decided to leave after his words; Kris huffed a breath at how pathetic Chanyeol looked but to his surprise, Baekhyun got up from his seat “Yeol… I’ll come with you” Kris’ eyes snapped at the sudden call; Chanyeol on the other hand was bewildered that Baekhyun called him out despite the fact that he had lost his composure. “Are you fine with me? I mean, I lost my cool there and you were shocked at how I got mad”

 

Baekhyun simply shook his head, “I know you didn’t mean that… come on, I wanna know if our accord is still as sync as the first time” he smiled at Chanyeol brightly as before. As the two left first, Kris was left agape at the sight of Chanyeol’s triumph “I guess you’re in for a tough competition. Chanyeol has a good foothold over Baekhyun and that’s his advantage” Kai informed before he pulled his boyfriend and made their way to trail the two.

 

When Kris was the only one left in the empty class room, he took everything in and took a deep breath before went back to his usual self. He smirked at the thoughts that were running inside his head. “I always get what I want, especially someone like Baekhyun. Chanyeol… you better be ready to weep once Baekhyun ends up choosing me rather than your worthless ”

 

At the meantime, “Yeol…” Baek cooed “Yep?”

 

“Thanks…” he shyly said.

“For what?”

“For helping me back there…” Yeol’s heart was in a frenzy at seeing a dash of red in Baekhyun’s cheeks.

“I wouldn’t have let you get harassed by some new foreign exchange student” he assured.

“Well you were scary when you got mad” that made Yeol’s heart fall but it sprung like never before when he felt a soft pair of lips damp his cheek. He paused his walk at disbelief then turned to look at Baekhyun who was looking down on his feet.

 

“Although you were scary, you look like a knight in shining armor that came to my rescue so… I thought you’d deserve a reward” he finished before walking on ahead because of his embarrassment towards his actions. Chanyeol smiled like an idiot; breathing heavily at the sensation still fresh on his damped cheek, “Aren’t you coming along?” Baekhyun called out breaking Yeol’s moment of joy. “I’m coming!” he sprinted towards Baekhyun.

 

“I guess Baekhyun’s starting to show his own affection towards him” Kyungsoo marveled at the way Baek was starting to progress “Did you approve of that? I think he’s going a little bit too fast, isn’t he supposed to do that after a few months of dating someone?” Kai sounded skeptic but Kyung was sure he’s serious. “Really Jong In? You kissed me even before I said yes to you and Baekhyun can’t kiss someone unless he’s dated for a few months?” he threw Kai’s words back at him.

 

“Hey, I knew you had the hots for me back then so it was my chance to make you fall for me besides… I don’t want Baekhyun to have a boyfriend until he’s at proper age. Maybe when he’s about to finish college” Kyungsoo chuckled “He’s not your biological son so don’t press your rules on him” he clarified “I’m not placing the rules because I act like a dad towards him; I wanna place a rules because he’s fragile and I don’t want him to just pick someone who’s presenting himself” Kyung rolled his eyes.

 

“You act as if you’re against Chanyeol but earlier you told me that you encouraged Chanyeol to do better and just be himself like you’re cheering for him 100%. You are one bipolar kind of guy” Kai sighed at his partner’s words “I am not and if I am I wouldn’t be thinking of our future together after college, besides you’re more of a pessimist when it comes to me and me alone” Kyung glared at him just to warn the guy to shut the hell up before going back to his pace.

 

“I’d punch you right in the face right now but I didn’t brought my wallet so you’ll be paying” Jong In froze “Ya! I don’t have money with me” he informed “You never leave your card so don’t over react, sheesh for someone who’s abusive over his boyfriend, you sure are stingy” he teased “I am not!”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~oooOooo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It migh have some mispelled or misused words there or something, whatever... >.< anyways, sorry for the very loooooooooooong update. I haven't really had the time to finish it off and I rewrote it several times because it felt wrong at the first, second, third and fourth attempt so I ended up being content with this one. I fast forwarded it to the part where Kris enters the scene and believe me, there's lots of things running inside my head with Kris' role in this and he's really someone Chanyeol wouldn't underestimate. Aside from that, I'm thankful for those who have read this, thank you oh so much and I'll do my best to update faster. Please anticipate the next chapters I love you readers <3!