3rd Score

Perfect Accord (Paused for a moment)

 

 

As daybreak, Baekhyun was awoken gently by the chime of his phone alarm; he yawned and didn’t bother to turn off the alarm’s sweet melody.

He makes his way towards the bathroom checking at his image at the mirror and smiles faintly to see himself fine at the reflection shown back. He felt a pint of pain by his left shoulder but because of the ointment, it still didn’t hurt as much as it was yesterday.

He took out another painkiller at the medicine cabinet and got some water by the sink with the small plastic glass. Gulping down the medicine to assure that his injury doesn’t rub on him as he anticipates on the day ahead of him.

When he finished brushing his teeth and washing his face. He ventures back to his room and checks on the time; “7:48” he read then placed his phone back down his study desk and pulled out clothes he’d wear to the park.

He rummaged through the clothes presented and took interest at the grey slim gray pants paired with his black long sleeves he like to wear whenever the wind starts to turn chilly; it was drawing near December at that time and the wind was starting send that winter feel.

He then places them gently at his bed and took his towel to have a nice warm bath.

He felt livelier than he was before; although it wasn’t much, he found it a slight change in his mood. He felt excited and at the same time scared. It was his first time meeting Chanyeol and he wasn’t sure why he was so much at ease with him after he had watched him play in such adoring way.

Perhaps he did felt a connection when he heard him play this songs at that moment. He didn’t even knew himself why he was able to tell which song was going to be played; all he knew at that time was, his heart became linked when sat Chanyeol’s face before he played.

After he gotten himself clean, he got dressed and neatly dried out his hair, spritzed some perfumed then took his phone; as he got down he found his mother already placing food at the dining table while his father was reading the newspaper as he had his coffee.

His mom and dad greeted him and he bowed his head before sitting down along with them “Are you headed off somewhere dear?” she placed a plate with toasts and fried eggs paired with a glass of milk. “I’m… meeting a friend” he softly spoke. “Is it Kyungsoo and Jong In dear?” he pried further.

“It’s… someone new, I just met him yesterday” his mom smiled with joy while his dad diverted his attention towards him. “Really? Oh… my dear Baekhyun-ah is starting to make friends, I’m so glad” she hugged him lightly and gave him a light peck on the cheek.

“I’m happy that you’re starting to leave your corner and step up son” his father proudly told. “He’s… a pianist at a café we went to… he’s very good” they were both even happier to hear that they shared the same liking. “Well dear, I hope to see him someday. I want to see you invite friends so that you could improve your interaction skills” Baekhyun smiled.

“As long as you’re happy with the friends you choose, there more than welcome here alright?” his dad informed him and Baekhyun nodded while he eats his breakfast.

Meanwhile, Kim Jong In was merrily dreaming in his bed as he dreamt of his 3rd anniversary with his boyfriend. “Hmm… want some more wine babe? No?... you want more of me instead?” he chuckled as he embraced his pillow with all the love. “I love you to baby…” he mumbled as he kissed the pillow.

“YA!” a loud yell broke his dream and sent him sitting up in an instant. “Kyung-babe?” he rubbed his eyes and yawn. “I told you to wake up early and be ready at 8!” he nagged. “I distinctly recalled you saying be up at 8 and it’s…” he pulled out his phone underneath his head pillow, “7:55” he yawned once again upon seeing the time.

“I still have 5 minutes so sleep~” he turned back to his bed “The moment you drift back to sleep will be the last time you’ll be with me in personal; so either you sleep there dreaming of me or you wake up and still have a boyfriend to call” Kai immediately stopped himself from even touching the mattress.

“Good… I hope you don’t smell much because you need to change fast” he instructed. “But babe… it’s too early” he whined but still got up. “Get your going and change. I brought you some chicken for your breakfast on our way” Kai’s sluggish actions lit up the moment he heard him say those luscious words. “Is it plain or honey coated?”

“Fried to perfection…” Kyung leered his boyfriend; with that Kai hummed at the thought of his meal and leaned towards his boyfriend’s cheek for a thankful kiss. “This is one of those reasons why I can’t stop falling in love with you babe” Kyung smirked and smacked his back playfully as he left for the bath room.

Once Kai and Kyungsoo got out of Kai’s house; they swiftly went straight to the bus stop for their ride. “Wait up babe…” he murmured through the chicken stuck on his mouth as he carried a small box of it while fixing one of his slip on shoe.

“Hurry up you slowpoke, the bus is about to leave us!” they run franticly and luckily made it in time; taking in as much air as they sat at the end of the bus, Kyungsoo eyed his boyfriend with such distain. “What?” he asked the owl eyed guy glaring a hole through his face. “Remind me to never buy you food when we have to get to the bus stop in time”

“My shoe slipped off while I was munching on a chicken wing, what do you expect?” Kyung rolled his eyes and just sighed. “I’d stuff that chicken wing down your throat if we would’ve been late” he muttered as his loving Kai continued to finish up his meal.

At the meantime, Baekhyun had arrived to the front of the park. He had his headphones tucked in his ears and a blue scarf around him paired with a white bonnet to keep him nice and warm despite the icy breeze.

He looked around to check if Chanyeol was someone on sight then peered at his phone’s clock as saw it was only 8:34. “There’s still some time…” he whispered to himself.

Being nothing to do as he waited for Chanyeol to come; he walked around the park grounds. He watched as a few people walk around the place, kids were running around in the playground without care in the world. A pair caught his eyes as they pass by him, he watched them with a soft smile hidden under the thick scarf covering him.

He watched how the guy would hold the girl’s hand with such care, hushing words to her ear and making her smile.

He found his heart warm up at seeing such adorable couple pass by him. He wished a life like that before; to be cared for, to be thought of and above all to be set in prior in their heart. His smile died when he reminds himself that “Music is the only love he has in this world. No one can out match the love music has given me”

It was a sad thought but he knows it was his reality, his fate in this world.

He went back to his walk to look around the peaceful park until he stumbled on the small gazebo where he found 2 people setting up some instruments. He watched how they were busy installing the electric acoustic guitar with the small speakers; a beat box to match, a bass already done with its setup and an excess speaker without anything plugged in. There were also 3 microphones installed so he assumes that they’d sing along with their music.

“Oh, hi there” one of the guys greeted Baekhyun. He looked him back with a gentle stare. “I hope you’d stay around till our friend arrives. He’s bringing his keyboard with him” he informed. Baekhyun nodded enthusiastically and continued on with observing them finish off.

He wondered what song they’ll play.

He paused the song playing in his phone and unplug the ear phone from his ears. A few moments later “I see you already found the guys” a voice spoke beside him. Surprised he took a step back before he was able to familiarize the tall man wearing a baby blue turtle neck, a pair of black skinny jeans and a bonnet as well.

“C-Chanyeol~!” he merrily called out. “I was about to text you since I didn’t saw you out front. Luckily I found you in no time… I figured you’d definitely stop by this place the moment you see them setting up” Baekhyun nodded.

Chanyeol found it endearing to see Baekhyun just saying a few words but makes up with his gentle actions. He wasn’t sure why but he felt it was so nice and cozy when the quiet guy’s around. “Hey Chanyeol! You finally decided to come” one of the guys noticed his presence.

“Hey there!” he smiled at them and then looked back at Baekhyun “I brought my keyboard so you jam along with us” he noted him. Baekhyun was slightly taken aback by it. “Don’t worry, pretend that you and I are the only ones who’s playing. If you do, you wouldn’t be intimidated with the people who’ll be watching” he instructed him and Baekhyun, though reluctant, agreed.

The two guys finished off and made their way towards Baekhyun and Chanyeol. The short one first started with a high five then a bro hug, “Finally we can start up… is he your friend?” he noticed Baekhyun staring in idle at them.

“Yeah, he’s the friend I told you about. He’s great with his fingers when it comes to playing the piano, so he’ll be using the keyboard today” he noted him. “Then what will I play?” he asked, “The beat box is your second instrument and you know that” the guy sighed in defeat but still showed interest in his position.

“Suho! Don’t be impolite to not introduce yourself to Chanyeol’s friend” a slim yet nicely defined guy spoke out from behind. He was taller than the other has a kind and soothing tone of voice. “I apologize in behalf of my rude boyfriend’s attitude. My name is Zhang Yixin but you can call me lay and he’s Kim Joon Myun but you can call him Suho”

He formally greeted and bowed in a manner. Baekhyun pulled down his scarf a bit to reveal his lips and smiled before bowing along. “B-Byung Baekhyun…” he stuttered out in a cute voice in Lay’s perspective. “He has a soft and charming tone of voice. I wonder how Chanyeol found someone like you” he kid and the rest of them laughed.

Chanyeol was a tad bit astonished that Baekhyun had begun to cringe. He found it inviting and none the less laughed at the influential look on Baekhyun face. 

“Hey babe… Baekhyun doesn’t do that when we’re around. The last time he manage to even giggle was when you beat me up in front of the class when the teacher told you to take over for a while” Kyungsoo shot his narrowed eyes to him “State another obvious thing and you’re good as a goner” he warned and Kai simply closed his trap.

“It must be because he’s with around those who’re able to play instruments. You know that he doesn’t feel all that shy with some of the guys at music class” they did saw him before mingling a fracture of a moment but he wasn’t all giddy with any of those. Heck he was less like that with both of them.

“I feel jealous babe… can we go?” Kai folded his arms and jutted his lips like a child deprived from his candy. “Seriously? Someone as old as you being that jealous?” his boyfriend only sighed at his words “Babe, even if you don’t tell me… I can see it clearly that you’re jealous as well since Baekhyun’s a lot more carefree with them rather than with us. Even though we’ve been there for him through thick and thin, pain and relief even in near or far”

“I can relate to this reaction you’re having and~” Kyungsoo was pissed at the truth in his words that he strangled him with a death lock in which loosened their foothold on their spot behind the bushes; stumbling down to expose themselves from their camouflage.

The conversation within the small group dissipated in an instant, the moment two guys rolled down the nearby bushes. “Kyungsoo… Kai” was all Baekhyun spoke out in his shock to find his friends. “Ugh… hey there…” Kai waved like a kid towards Baekhyun, Kyung look at him with an annoyed stare before looking back to Baekhyun and the rest.

“We thought we’d drop by… literally though” he pushed out a smile despite the embarrassment.

When they dusted themselves off and explained why their entrance was like that, everyone else laughed and introduced themselves to the two. “Lay… Suho, these are my friends… Kyungsoo and Jong In” he did his best to not make it sound like he’s scared of telling them their names in which Lay found it more adorable. “Zhang Yixin or Lay and my Kim Joon Myun or Suho. It’s a pleasure to meet a friend of Baekhyun’s”

He bowed “Oh, he’s Chinese” Kai bolted “Yes, I was a brought here by my parents since I was 8 years old. I grew up with Suho and ended up being more than a friend to him” he chuckled but made the smaller figure flush red.

“Hey, are you guys here to listen or you wanna join us?” Chanyeol invited the two; with beady eyes they stared at Chanyeol like he asked something impossible. “What? It’s not like it’ll kill you to sing or play something” Chanyeol defended.

“I can rap and Kyung here can sing ballad songs quite well” he informed them and Kyungsoo dipped his elbow on Kai’s side, making the latter groan in pain. “That’ll be cool! Now we have 3 balladeers and 2 rappers” Chanyeol counted. “How ‘bout you Baek, do you sing? By the tone of your voice it would be awesome to hear you” Lay encouraged.

Baekhyun looked at them, intimidated by the suggestion. “Baekhyun doesn’t talk much if you’ve already noticed. He has problems with socializing through verbal communication but he’s very talented with the piano” Kyungsoo jumped to his defense and Baekhyun nodded since he knows it’s his chance to escape the pressure of being placed as a singer.

“I could have sworn it was only a way to reserve your voice to sing” Lay shrugged his shoulders and accepted the situation. “So you two play any instruments?” Suho asked Kyungsoo and Kai “I play some keyboard too but I’m not as good as Baekhyun. I’d settle in for singing in my case” Kyungsoo cleared out.

“Either you guys make me dance or make me rap. No other options given if you don’t have any spot” Kai gave a small sample of his moves before twirling once “Smooth moves…” Lay showed him a thing or two as well. “Whoa… those were awesome body movements” he complimented and Lay shot him a smirk “He does more enticing movements when he’s alone with Suho hyung” Chanyeol joked.

Suho felt like it was the usual day again, being teased and picked on by either everybody else or his sweet yet meanie to him at times boyfriend. “Please! Relinquish me from this embarrassments!” he pleaded as he went back on setting up 2 more mics for the two to use.

“I’m gonna sweep my Kyungsoo’s feet off the ground once he hears me rap” Kai proclaimed in which Kyungsoo just chuckles to and pulls him by the end of his shirt “Come on Romeo, let’s help Suho instead of boasting” he dragged the guy towards the equipment.

Baekhyun watched how the two walk towards the rest; as Baekhyun’s eyes were glued to the others. Chanyeol stared at him, watching a small clue of joy plastered in his face. “Come on… let’s set this baby up” he invited Baekhyun in which he heard a kind smile from the other.

After 15 minutes of preparing the other mics and instruments. They started singing the songs that they’ve lined up.

They sang 

Beauty and the beat – Alex goot version.
Missing you – Suho and Kyungsoo sang together
Nothing on you – Chanyeol and Kyungsoo
Remedy (Jayson mraz) – Chanyeol
Geek in the pink – Kai

After a while morning of singing those songs out, they’ve gathered lots of people around. They were happy and at the same time having fun with the way they all saw the performers sing out their hearts. People around them felt the bustling joy that they were trying to convey and everyone cheered when they finished.

Some even gave them money although they declined to the kind offer, they were given GCs for them to use on a restaurant. It seemed that the owner of the restaurant enjoyed their performance and asked to chat with his friend he’d like them to meet.

It was 12:23 when they decided to have lunch. Lay had already packed them lunch but since there was an additional pair that had joined them, he and Suho went to the nearby eatery while the rest of them stayed and fixed up the instruments and speakers.

“That was perfect guys… I never thought we’d all be accustomed that easily with each other. It was… amazing!” he still couldn’t believe the harmony they’ve created with one another. 

“Well this is the first that I’ve made a public performance with Baekhyun. Usually he just performs for his classmates in his music class and mostly his teacher. I’m glad he’s having more fun than the usual” Kyungsoo peered at the joyous look on Baekhyun’s face.

Kai chuckled “It would be wonderful if Baekhyun were to sing, his mom said he did got into the choir before when he was younger but he left when he started to you know~” he was interrupted with a harsh pinch on his side which sent him gasping in pain. “Shut it!” Kyung warned.

“Oh, he really sang?” he turned to face the quiet guy ignoring the cruel actions over the two. Baekhyun looked at him with a assuring smile and nodded “I’d love to hear you sing but if you’re not ready to sing out then I’m fine waiting till you do” he walked towards Baekhyun who was unplugging the cords on the speakers. “If you want, I can take you to Suho hyung’s studio so I’ll be the only one to hear you sing” he whispered carefully so Kyungsoo wouldn’t harm him like what he did with his boyfriend.

Baekhyun blinked several times taking in the ample request “Like I said, there’s no forcing you, do it only when you’re ready alright?” he gave his toothy smile and patted his shoulder in which he saw Baek wince at the sudden contact.

“Whoa… are you alright?” he placed the items he had down and tended to Baekhyun’s condition. The two behind them noticed and walked towards them “I-I’m fine…” he assured them all “There you go again, Byun Baekhyun… what have we talked about yesterday?” Kyungsoo asked with a stern look.

“It’s really fine… it’s not that painful like yesterday” he composed himself and for once he truthfully told his status. “I didn’t thought that you were serious about your injury when told me that yesterday. As a matter of fact you played like you didn’t even have anything hurting” Chanyeol took Baekhyun’s task for him to sit out at the tidying.

“Lucky for you, you were told that he has an injury. If it were me and Kyung-babe here, he’d do everything to deny and hide it from us” Kai stated Kyungsoo sighed in agreeing what the younger said while Baekhyun looked at them with apology.

“I’m sorry… but I don’t want you guys to worry about me” he meekly told. “Well don’t be, if we worry about you that means we care for you and we don’t want anything wrong to happen to you” Kyungsoo assured him. “They are right, if you’re in such pain don’t keep it to yourself and end up being hurt alone. You know, if I were to find out that you’ve kept your pain bottled up inside of you, I’d definitely would feel a lot worst for two reason”

“One, you kept something from me and two, I would be crushed to know that a friend of mine dealt something horrible and didn’t even told me” Chanyeol sat down at the step of the gazebo and Baekhyun sat along with him. He felt a bliss at the word “Friend” in his sentence, “I guess… that would make sense…” Chanyeol smiled and ruffled on Baekhyun’s head making the older fluster.

“Next time you feel pain, share it with your friends. You’ll find it easier to bear” he told him once more then he patted his knee and went back to cleaning up. Both Kyungsoo and Jong In were both struck at the sight of their friend being so understanding towards Chanyeol’s words and honestly Kyungsoo felt relieved with a hint of jealousy. Being like that since he considered him and Jong in as his best friend.

Both Kyungsoo and Kai shrugged off the thought and went back to their own tasks. They just think it would be better to leave it be since Baekhyun was clearly shown progress over his social incapability and that was all that mattered at that time.

As they continued off with their individual duties, leaving Baekhyun sitting in idle. Baekhyun found a certain attraction when he was staring at the tall lanky figure in front of him. He wasn’t sure why, perhaps maybe his kind words or his thoughtful gestures. Kind smile and eye catching features with is his beaming set of choppers tagged along with his height and large eleven like ears.

All the thought ran inside his quiet state, on the other hand, Chanyeol was feeling the soft gaze and opted to himself not to turn around so that Baekhyun could continue his stare at him. He felt it was nice being adored from behind by someone who’s also that adorable to begin with. He felt warm and comfy under that soft pair of eyes.

Kai motioned to his partner about the scene and Kyungsoo rolled his eyes on his lover’s lack of understanding with that scene he’s witnessing. “Please leave the two alone and let’s get this over with so when the others comes back, we’re all done” he groaned out of his own needs to eat.

“My Kyungie is hungry… don’t worry babe, I’ll give you some more food from my share and we’ll have a romantic dinner at my place then end it with our preempted passion in bed” he jutted his brows and Kyung would be in the verge of smacking his back till he sees a red marking but reels it back at the thought of a lovely evening in his beloved’s den.

“I’ll take your word for that” he murmured to only Kai would hear. He smiled widely at the jest.

A few minutes later they’ve finished up, they saw Yixin and Suho making their way with plastic bags dangling on their hands. Of course the view was rather exquisite being the fact that Lay is pampering his partner with his quick cuddles and kiss on the cheek ever step or so.

The two couples were adored except for Baekhyun who’s still being held captive at the tall figure’s form. He hardly noticed the rest to the precise and as Kai spared a glance over their hypnotized friend, he discreetly nudged him and informed him of the other’s presence; snapping him off his daze and flushing down to shades of red.

Chanyeol chuckled but didn’t look to prevent the older from further embarrassment. He was glad that he was being noticed to such intent.

Baekhyun unconsciously felt a string being plucked inside his heart. A lovely melody that played simply in one lovely tone. He wasn’t sure how to decipher the melody but, he thought that it would be better to listen to it first rather than to unravel the mystery it held.

 

~~~~~

Again, haven't really made a proof reading to clean up the wrong words and spellings. Enjoy reading tho :3