Spicy Rice Cakes

The Painful Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finished dinner, Eunji and Suho went to strolling around the town, be showered by the night lights. I refused to go too but my mom keep on insisting me, so I just followed. Arrived at the town, we walked separately. You think I wanna be an intruder to these lovebirds? Of course I don’t want to.

 

The temp tonight is a little bit lower than usual. But due to the night lights, it seems like getting hotter. But I still wear my thick jacket and a pair of gloves. A knitted one. Which my mom made for me for the last Christmas. I’m not wearing a scarf and leave my neck exposed since it’s not so cold enough to even wear a scarf.

 

Suddenly my phone beeped.                         

 

‘Where are you?’ –Sehun.

 

Sehun? Sehun texted me? What does he want anymore?

 

‘I’m at the town. Strolling.’ –Hana.

 

I replied.

 

‘Yes I know darling, but where are you?’ –Sehun.

 

‘I said I’m at the town. Why?’ –Hana.

 

‘I lost you just now. It’s crowded here.’ –Sehun

 

What? I turned around and looked surround me. He followed me? At this late of night? Didn’t he have a cold?

 

‘I’m in front of the deokbokki stall?’ –Hana

 

‘Wait there.’ –Sehun

 

I munched the spicy rice cakes that I bought while waiting for Sehun. He’s so damn slow. He asked me to stay here and I waited for him. But he didn’t even turn up. Until now.

 

I felt someone grabbed my shoulders. Facing me to him. Finally he came. I was about to make my disgusted look but cancelled when I saw Sehun panting hard, just after running towards me and his face is all white. Obviously not because of scare, but because of the cold.

 

“Hey. Hey, are you okay?” I asked as I saw him was about to fall. I held him by his waist, preventing him to fall. Although I’m a little bit small than him, a little effort did somehow change something, although not everything. “I’m okay.” He whispered, standing straight on his own long legs.

 

He let go the cuddle of my shoulders and our hands touched. Oh my God he’s not wearing any gloves and his hands are as cold as the winter sea. Putting down my deokbokki glass aside, I cupped his hands with mine and started rubbing against it.

 

“Hey you’re freezing cold yet you didn’t wear any gloves. Are you nuts?” I nagged. He looked at me, with cold thin droplets on his forehead; I wiped it away with the back of my hand. “I didn’t find the gloves. I think I forget to bring it with me.” he said, most to whispers. I rolled my eyes.

 

Still warming his hands, I started to nag. “You’re old enough to live independently but you still fail on finding the important gloves. Look? You can’t even manage your own life.” My eyes glued at our hands together.

 

“I need someone to help me in my life. I need a wife. I need you.” his statement somehow stunned me. I stopped my working and lifted up my head to look at him, since I’m shorter than him. The tip of his bangs almost touched my forehead.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter