Two

Vanilla Latte

2

 

 

“Jin-ah! Have you seen the latest COACH handbag yet? It looks so good! I am so going to get it! Oh, oh and did you hear about – ”

Yejin wasn’t listening to her best friend’s blabbering. She was lost, deep in her thoughts.

She hasn’t talked to Junmyun for three days and this was not the first time such things happened. Yes, she did receive messages from him. Perhaps, a message a day? But heck, she thought they were couples! Is that what couples usually do? Does he actually think that his ‘a message a day’ is enough? If an apple a day really keeps the doctor away, then his ‘a message a day’ is keeping her away from him too! She thought.

Yejin felt lonely.

What’s the difference between having a boyfriend and being single if he doesn’t even have time for me… she wandered.

She was closed to tears as she recalled how close they used to be.

 

 

Eight months ago  

“Baby, I missed you already” Junmyun’s voice came from the other side of the line. He said that even though they had just gone apart ten minutes agom, when they said their goodbyes to each other at the train station.

 Yejin blushed at his sweet words, her thumbs twisting with her hair. She was shy, embarrassed yet, so happy at the same time. How could a man be such a sweetheart? At the time, she thought she would never be able to find a man like him again.

That lovely Junmyun…

“Yejin-ah! Don’t skip dinner again okay! I don’t need you to diet for a nice body, you’re perfect for me. I need my girl to be healthy, you worry me when you fall sick…”

That caring Junmyun…

Seven months ago, Valentine’s day.

“Oppa, I’m here already. Where are you?” Yejin asked Junmyun on the phone. She was at the place that they were supposed to meet for their date. The one that he told her during their daily before-bed-talks on the phone. It was at the fountain of the park nearby her house. However, Junmyun was nowhere to be seen. There was a few couples at the park and families with little children. The park was not too crowded, a perfect location for a wonderful date.

“On your left!” Junmyun replied with his usual cheerful voice.

She turned to her left, strangers walking past her but still, she didn’t find a single Junmyun.

“Oppa, Wher-”

Her heartbeat spiked as she felt warm arm around her waist, warm hand covered her eyes and her world went dark.

Her lips curled up to a small smile.

She smiled even wider as the smell of roses touched her nose.

“Guess who?” said a very very familiar voice.

“Baekhyun Oppa?” Yejin jokingly said for the fun of it.

“Ya! Baby, you have someone else?!” Junmyun held Yejin’s shoulders and immediately turned her around to face him.

She laughed out loudly at her boyfriend’s cuteness while Junmyun was giving her death glare, totally clueless about her little joke.

Yejin’s eyes landed on a big bouquet of red roses.

“Is this for me?” Tears brimmed her eyes.

“Not anymore, they’re fo-” Before Junmyun could finish his sentence, Yejin went in to give him a big hug.

“Thank you” she whispered, gave him a soft kiss on his cheek and took the bouquet in her hands.

“They aren’t for you!” Junmyun said and pouted.

“Really?” Yejin smiled and looked into her boyfriend wavering eyes.

“Y-Yes! Go and find Baekhyun then!” He said childishly.

She faked a sigh, turned her back to him and then said “Okay, guess I’ll have to go then. My boyfriend doesn’t want me here with him anymore…” she did not forget to add a little bit of sadness into her voice.

She expected him to hold her back but he didn’t.

Yejin turned back to find Junmyun’s back facing her.

“Oppa” she called but he continued to walk further away from her. Who knows he would take her joke seriously?

“Oppa… I was just joking!! He’s just someone in school. How could I have somebody else when my oh-so-perfect boyfriend is right here in front of me?” and she followed him to give him the tightest back hug she ever could.

“I love you” Yejin muttered into his back.

Facing her once again, he replied, “I love you, too. Only you.”

And Junmyun gave Yejin the sweetest kiss she could ever ask for...    

 

“One, two, three… nine roses! Why nine?”

“It means we will be together, forever, as long as we live. I love you, baby. Happy Valentine’s day, Yejin-ah.”

 

That Kim Junmyun…

Where is he now?

 

 

 

“PARK YEJIN!” Her best friend, Minji, called her loudly such that people on the other tables in the cafeteria are having their eyes on them.

Yejin didn’realise that she was shutting out so many people. She was so deep in her thoughts, thinking about how things used to be, thinking about their past, their old sweet memories. All the loud chattering, conversation from the people in the cafeteria didn’t seem to bother her a single bit.

“H-huh? I’m sorry! What did you say just now?”

“Seriously?” Minji was beyond furious as she was once again, ignored, she was once again, talking to herself. She wanted to scream at her friend to vent out all her angers but the sad looks on her friend’s face just erased them all away. Meanwhile, Yejin looked down to her laps, feeling the guilt for the countless time.

“I’m so… I’m so sorry Min. I’ve been…”

“Spacing out, again, huh? It’s Junmyun, isn’t it?”

There, she went speechless. Minji was right, always right, at least most of the time she is. However, Yejin didn’t want to talk to Minji about Junmyun very much as she knew what Minji would say. She understood. Well, What kind of friend likes seeing their best friend getting hurt, right?

“Jin-ah, you have to talk to him about this, very bad habits of his okay? He can’t be neglecting you, forgetting you just like that. This needs to stop. If you’re not going to break up with him, you have to talk to him about it, do something. Thinking too much doesn’t help anyone, you’ll just be hurting yourself. If it really, really doesn’t work out or if he really, doesn’t change, then end it. Don’t hang onto each other any longer or the both of you will just hurt more in the end.”

“Thank you so much, Min”

“Come! Let’s not talk about depressing stuffs anymore and I will forgive you for making me talk to myself for the last time!”

“I shall just repeat myself then… Nothing much actually, I was just telling you about how Professor Lee farted extremely loudly during the lecture today! Worse, IT SMELT LIKE ROTTEN EGGS LIKE OH MY GOD. There was awkward silence in the room, professor Lee just continued his teaching and acted like nothing happened you know. Everyone was holding their laughter so hard. Then…”

More and more hilarious stories came from Minji, purposely so to cheer Yejin up. It worked, somehow, Yejin laughed all her worries away and filled her heart with joy and happiness instead.

 

 

 “And she just broke up with you like that? Really?”

“Yeah”

“Wow. I’m sad for you, buddy. But, seriously? I think she has somebody else, you know. I mean like, ‘Hi Oppa, let’s break up I think we don’t suit each other well’ after like what, almost a couple of years? Doesn’t that sound a little bit like excuses to you?”

“It does but, whatever man, it’s over between us. I… I don’t care anymore. I guessed I’ll just have to move on.”

Hanbin was conversing with his friend, Bobby as they were walking towards the cafeteria for their lunch break. A smile curled up the corner of his lips as he thought of Yejin, guessed she play a big part in having him to move on quickly…

The girl who came just at the time when he was despondent, the girl who…

“Earth to Hanbin! Dude, why are you smiling to yourself in board daylight?” Bobby almost shouted into Hanbin’s ears.

“Hey, must you be that loud you-”

Before Hanbin could finish his sentence and smacked his friend’s head for almost bursting his eardrums, his eyes widened upon catching a familiar sight and his heart skipped a beat seeing her eye-smile as she was laughing so naturally.

She was so…

Cute.

And he smiled again.

“Knock, knock. Is my friend still here with me? Hello? Bye, see you at the table friend. I’m going first.” With that, Bobby left Hanbin where he was, standing rooted to the ground and smiling to himself like an idiot.  

 

-------------------------------------------

Hello readers!!! <3 
Thank you so so soooo much for reading and subscribing to VL!
Thank you, too, BlackEmoLover, for upvoting!!! 
I was dying to update but i haven't finished writing yet so it took me a while :(
But I update as soon as i finished writing so please wait for me <3 
Also, i'm planning a Christmas oneshot!! Though i don't think i will be able to get it done by Christmas D haha. 
xxx

HOW WAS THE CHAPTER?! 
Isn't Junmyun such a sweetheart? the flashbacks <3 
Hanbin though.... XD hahahah
more Hanbin-Yejin moments to come in the following chapters! x)) 
what should their ship name be? Hanjin? Binye? Hanye? Binjin? XDXD say your choice!
xxxxxxxx


skHvd1.jpg

rSfork.jpg

Junmyun Pouting (A)

VS

Hanbin Smiling (B)

yllW77.jpg