One

Vanilla Latte

1

 

- One week later -

Hanbin was on his way back to his apartment when the rain started to fall heavily.

“Aish, why must it rain now?” Hanbin cursed, hands ruffling through his partially wet hair. It was usual that he didn’t have an umbrella with him. He would usually just run through the rain but, this time, he had just recovered from a high fever and didn’t want to get sick again yet. Hanbin spotted the nearest shelter, a small café. He ran in front of the café to hide from the rain and decided to go in and wait for the rain to cease inside the café.

“Welcome to Romeo café.” A sweet voice was heard once he stepped inside the café.

“Uhm- ” Hanbin scanned through the menu above his head and…

Dingg..

The bell at the café door made a noise, signaling that somebody has entered the café.

“I’m so sorry Mrs. Choi, I was caught in the rain!” Yejin immediately apologized to Mrs. Choi when she had entered the café. She was wearing her casual clothes, a checkered shirt with black jeans.

Hanbin turned to see who it was and his eyes widened.

“you, Hello Kity girl!” He was shocked to see the girl who saved him from the rain a week ago.

Yejin stared at the guy standing at the counter for a while.

“The boy in the rain!” she realized.

Hanbin shouted back in a flash, blood creeps up his neck to his checks. He felt embarrass that she mistook him for a middle school boy.

“I’m not a boy!”

Yejin chuckled at how embarrassed he look.

That moment, it was as if time has stopped for Hanbin.

Everyone and everything that are in his line of sight stopped moving, all except Yejin who was still chuckling and sparkling in his eyes.

“Sir your order please.” The lady at the counter, Mrs. Choi, pulled him out of his reverie.

“Oh, I’m so sorry. Can I have one vanilla latte please?” And now, Hanbin felt even more embarrassed to daydream directly in front of that girl.

“Sure, 4500 won please.” Hanbin handed

“Yejin, if you’re here already then faster get changed and start work.” She said as she kept the money.

 “Ok, Mrs. Choi” Yejin said and quickly went into the staff areas to get changed.

Meanwhile, Hanbin sat there at a seat beside the window in the café, drinking his Vanilla Latte. He asked Mrs. Choi if he could talk to Yejin, her employee, for a while and she said that only when she was freed. So here he was, waiting for her in the café.

Yejin was doing her usual stuffs, serving drinks and cakes to her customers. She looked at Hanbin once in a while, feeling guilty for making him wait.

“Enjoy your desserts sir,” she said to a couple who was holding each other hands lovingly on the table. Yejin bet they didn’t even realized that their orders had been served. That was her last customer of the day, it was getting dark by then.

She glanced at Hanbin, who was now asleep. His head resting on his hands.

“Hey” Yejin approached him and nudged him at his arm.

“Mm, five more minutes.” Hanbin mumbled.

There, she laughed again. Yejin found him adorable in some way, still looking at him as a boy.

“Hey, wake up!” Yejin raised her voice a little this time, hold his shoulders and began to shake him.

“Eunji, don’t leave me. Eunji, please stay! I love you…” Hanbin, who was still in his nightmare, pulled Yejin to him. Her face now buried in his chest, her heart thundered.

“H-Hey, let go of me! Let go!” she screamed and tried to get away from this stranger’s hug but, to no avail. Instinctively, Yejin grabbed a glass of water on his table and splashed at his face.

Hanbin was dreaming about what had happened to him a week ago when he felt that something cold was splashing at him. He woke up immediately, hands wiping the water away from his face.

“What are you doing?!” He shouted at Yejin and she startled.

“I-I’m sorry, but you were hugging me!!” Yejin explained herself. Hanbin, upon realizing what he had done quickly apologized to her.

“O-Oh, no no no. I’m sorry, it’s my fault.”

“It’s okay but we’re closing…”

“Really? Woah, I didn’t know I fell asleep for so long. Hey, I still haven’t thank you… How about we go have supper together? I was waiting since evening and I didn’t have anything fill my stomach. No worry! It will be my treat.”

“No, you don’t have to!”

“Uh-uh, I have to thank you for that day. Come on, let’s go!”

And, the both of them arrived at a 24-hour Subway to have their supper.

“So… you… you…”

“Hanbin”

“Y-yeah, Hanbin you’re in a senior year already?”

“Yes and you’re a sophomore, which makes you younger than me!”

“Yeah… So what happened that day, did you get rejected by a girl?”

“Worse than that actually, my girlfriend broke up with me. She said that we don’t suit each other well and that she doesn’t think we can last long.”

“Are you sad?”

“No no!! Sorry, I meant are you still sad? Uhm, how should I say this, are you… are you still feeling heartbroken?”

Hanbin chuckled at Yejin’s reactions.  

“You’re so funny, yeah, a little but I realised that I should get over it because like, you know, dreading over things that you can’t put back together anymore is useless. One relationship is like a glass pane, once broken, you can’t fixed it anymore. On top of that, if u tried to fix it, you’ll end up getting hurt by the small little pieces glass.”

“That’s true, don’t be sad okay, I believed that there’re still many girls out there. Maybe she really isn’t meant to be with you, but life goes on! Smile “

“Okay, I won’t. Thank you, Yejin dongsaeng.”

“Just Yejin!”

“Naww, I like it better that way, Yejin dongsaeng.”

 

From: Junmyun Oppa

Yejin-ah, I’m so sorry I couldn’t make it for our date today… I was stuck in school with loads of project works, I’m really sorry baby. You understand right?

Happy 1st anniversary 

Always love you <3  

 

Yejin and Junmyun had been together for a year already, yet somehow she doesn’t feel like they’re together at all. Junmyun studied in the medical course, a senior at Seoul High University, one year older than her. He was always busy with his work that he had no time for her at all. They would always quarrel a lot of times because he seemed to neglect her, not showing up on their dates, taking almost a day to reply her texts, always have no time for her.

“Who is it? You look sad.” Hanbin asked.

“Nah, it’s nothing.”

“It’s okay actually, you don’t have to tell me. I don’t want you to feel like I’m invading your privacy.”

“Oh no no, not at all. It’s… just a text from no one important.” Yejin said, not really wanting to talk about her relationship to someone whom she had just met.

“Hey, do you want to catch the bus home together?” she continued.

 

 

If a relationship is like a glass pane… I think ours is cracking, junmyun-ah       –Yejin.

 

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

Hello again! Thank you for subscribing <3 
I always get so excited everytime there's a notification on aff (feeling hopeful) 
Here, another chapter for everyone! 

 

So, what do you think about this story? 
YEJIN HAS A BOYFRIENDddDD. Yes. 
and yes, EXO's suho!! More exo members will appear because they're just too <3333 
Comments are very welcomed :)!
Thank you for reading, and subscribing to VL!! *visual hugs* 

x