Final

Warmth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I knew it…

Brown, disappointed eyes scanned the busy plaza as people walked passed her. It was a snowy, winter night and there she was, standing in front of the restaurant they promised to meet at earlier. Her rosy cheeks were a bright contrast to her ivory skin as she tried so gather warmth underneath the crewneck she was wearing. A sigh left her red lips as she scanned her phone for the nth time.

8:08 pm… He’s thirty-eight minutes late…

The girl bit her inner cheek as she closed her eyes and tried not to let the best of her emotions get to her. She lightly scuffed the ground and took in a deep breath before letting it out. It created a cloud of mist in front of her and the girl shook her head slightly. She and her boyfriend were having problems and tried her best to fix everything. But, her patience with him was growing thin. They’ve been together for a little more than a year and things have been changing. She was always one to adapt easily, but with this certain situation…the girl didn’t know how to react.

Lately the relationship felt like it was just her putting the effort into the relationship. They’ve been fighting more than ever and it seemed like she was always talking to a wall. Both of them were stubborn and hard-headed but always knew how to work it out. But now, their arguments always ended up with her apologizing first or she goes to bed disappointed at herself and mad at him with her emotions all over the place. The girl thought that if she continued fighting, her boyfriend would see just how much this relationship means to her. But it wasn’t like that at all. If she told him that other guys were going for her and her suitors would take it out of bounds, he’d blame it on her. If she told him what he’s been doing wrong or what she wants him to do more, he’d lash out and say what she was doing wrong and she’s being selfish. She didn’t know where everything went wrong. They were one of the cutest couples known in their group of friends, but life got in the way. She was capable of balancing everything. In all honesty, her schedule and activities were much more than her boyfriends, so why couldn’t he handle it just as well as her? That was a constant question in her mind and the girl could never shake it off. Her boyfriend just didn’t know how to prioritize and handle all that was on his plate. She knew that their end was coming close but the girl was going to use this little date of theirs as his last chance. Her eyes looked down at the two bracelets wrapped around her right wrist. Lifting it up to her face a sad smile came as she looked at them.  

11.11.14 and Peasant

With a slightly heavy heart, she took off her bracelets and dangled them slightly. Memories from the past year played like a miniature movie in her mind and she bit her bottom lip. This was for the best and her heart was telling her it was time to let go. She fisted the bracelets and stuffed it in her bag. Her phone buzzed and a little bit of hope rose within her as she unlocked it.

From: Peasant

To: Princess

I’m sorry, I can’t make it tonight. I have exams coming up and my parents are expecting me to be at the top of the class again. Yongguk was so close to beating me last time, I can’t let that happen.

The girl couldn’t believe her eyes as she re-read the message her boyfriend just sent her. She held down a scoff as her friend’s words ringed within her mind, ‘If he had to choose between school and your guys’ relationship…He’d choose school.’

“Jung-ah?” a voice asked as she sighed and put her phone away.

The girl looked up in surprise as she came face-to-face with someone she didn’t expect to be in Hongdae.

“Jongin…what are you doing here?” she asked softly.

Jongin chuckled as he sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck and stood next to her. He shrugged his shoulders and said, “I was just in the area because I had to get something for my sisters and I saw a lonely girl standing in front of a restaurant that looked familiar. Then I thought to myself, ‘Hey…that looks like Minjung-ah. What are the odds it was going to be her?’ So, I decided to go up to her and it turns out it was you.”

Minjung shook her head in slight amusement and muttered under her breath, “Only you would do something like Jongin…”

He elbowed her slightly and laughed softly. “Hey, I heard that.”

She rolled her eyes and slapped him on the arm lightly, “You were supposed to.”

A short, comfortable silence fell upon them and Minjung was silently glad that Jongin popped up. If she continued to be alone, she would’ve lost her mind by now.

“So cutie, what are you doing here all alone in Hongdae?” he asked as he looked down at her. He noticed the distant look in her eyes as they both watched people pass by them and knew something was on her mind.

Her lips quirked up a little from his nickname for her and sighed. She knew she couldn’t hide anything from Jongin because he knew everything about them. He was the person she went to whenever she needed guy advice ever since they first met. She was the dancer that showed him up and he was the so-called “player” in the dance community that her friends warned her about.  Being one up for a challenge, she accepted their friendship and it was history from there. He’d shamelessly flirt with her but never really get at her. She’d just give vague answer and go along with whatever he said, but never giving Jongin the satisfactory he wanted. In a way, they vibed with each other.

Minjung looked up at him and sighed before looking down at the ground.

“I was supposed to get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter