Day 1

What is MxY?

Walking towards your locker, you smelt that seductive scent of a person.

MARK. Mark Lee. The smartest guy in your grade, hot with an average height of 170cm plus most annoying guy in the world I must add.

You placed your biology books into your locker, reaching for your chemistry books for next class. A hand pulled away your hair tie, untying your ponytail. Being quick enough, you caught the mysterious hand twisting it making the person let out a small yelp.

“Ow. You’re strong. Ahahaa…”

“Shut up or I WILL SLAP YOU~ “ you said,annoyed.

“Ohh.. I’m very scared.. Haha..haa..haaa…” and he swooshed your hair playfully while you bent down to get your hairtie. He grabbed his books from his locker which was beside yours.

You stood up, shut your locker and kicked his calf. But damn, he had strong ones.

Walking away past him to the direction of your class, you smelt the familiar scent following you. With the corner of your eye you saw……Mark

*Flashback*

You took your seat in the far right of the classroom. You preferred to sit alone, which you always did this semester.

Professor Han entered, greeting “Good Morning class….So today I would like to introduce to you guys a new member of our club" Yes club. Prof. Han always treated this literature more of like a club than a subject.

"He used to be an Arts candidate but has taken interest in literature…Delightful" he complimented.
"Please welcome……. MARK LEE!"

Prof.'s words cut the air around the class like a knife…or that's what you think.

“Hi. I'm Mark. Mark Lee. Hope we get along well.”

Pfftt… perfect American accent? What a show-off. According to the relatives, he lived half his life in The States. From age 8 till 16, he moved back to Korea last summer. And out of all schools, he had to attend the same school as yours… and, be an annoying jerk to you. Wonderful!

“Alright Mark, you can take a seat next to Yura. The girl in purple, over there.” pointed out Professor Han.

“Thank you, prof.” said Mark with a small soft smile and walked towards you.

Yup, Kim Yura. That’s you.

You rolled your eyes as he sat beside you.

“Omo! Yura-sshi, you’re in this class? Saesangghae! I think Literature Class is going to be fun.”He let out a smirk as he finished his sentence.

You gave a stern look in his eyes.

“Saesangghae?? Like he never knew I was in Literature group. Aiishh..”

 Let me tell you one more thing. He knows you well. Very well.

 Infact you and Mark are distant relatives. How should I put this? Okay.

He’s your mom’s- brother’s- wife’s- father’s -uncle’s- grandson’s- cousin’s- son.

The point is, both your and his family knew each other. Moreover, you both lived (still is living) in the same neighborhood.

 “Okay class, turn on to page 394. The Sands of Arabia. This lesson tells us how the…..” went on Professor with his lecture.

*end of flashback*

 

The bell deafened the school with its bell for Recess.On your way to the cafeteria you dropped your books to your locker. Reaching the cafeteria, you met Izumi your bestfriend. He’s a Japanese transfer student.

“What’s today’s special?” you asked the cafeteria ahjumma.

“Fresh, hot Takoyaki! Would you like some?” asked the ahjumma.

“Dae, gomawoyo..” replied Izumi hesitant. "You said it right Izumi" you smiled assuring him. Since he's a transfer student he still kinda has difficulty with Korean plus loves snacks, and Takoyaki makes him drool.

You took your seat with Izumi who was absorbed by the taste of takoyaki exploding in his mouth.

Taking your first bite of your chicken sandwich, you felt a pair of eyes staring at you while talking to a group of guys.

Those pair of eyes felt like it was on fire, the kinda stare that reads out “I want to have all of you!”.

Such a byuntae. A second later, there was a wink. Such a playboy!

Such is the character of Mark.

That’s not new though. He’s been doing that since a year now.

But what’s strange is, he’s been doing it a lot lately. Winks. Lots of them from time to time.

Izumi thinks he’s hot with his six packs. After the Instagram picture he uploaded, his workout body, Izumi couldn't stop talking about him.

He also ships you and Mark together. Why? Because according to him you both are the perfect picture.

 

The final bell of the day rang. Izumi grabbed your arm going for a run.

“Waegurae, Izumi-chan?” you asked gasping for oxygen.

“They opened a new restaurant near the bus stop and they’re giving a pack of free ‘batata’ for the first 50 customers! Palli!” said Izumi in excitement.

He was a huge FOODIE. And ‘batata’ was his fav. (Batata means potato a.k.a Fries in arabic x)

You entered the restaurant as the 39th customer, Izumi being the 38th.

You got your pack along with 5 free coupons.

“Mmm… crispy… Mmmmm spicy…. Ohh its hot!” Izumi gasped happily.

“Oh~ Mark?” questioned Izumi.

“Yo~ Izumi. Hey Yura-"said Mark in a cool tone.

“Hurry up, they’ve got free batata, and coupons.” Izumi said not looking up from his food.

“I can eat that anytime for free…” said Mark.

“And how is that?” you asked.

“My noona owns this restaurant. So, yeah..” answered Mark.

“Woahh! Daebak~ I guess you've eaten this a lot.” exclaimed Izumi.

“Uhm, yeah. But not too much because….” Mark didn’t complete his sentence before you cut him off commenting, “because he has to take care of his….Abs..” you completed in a sarcastic tone emphasizing abs with a tone .

“You find them y, huh?” asked Mark with a smirk.

“Shut up!!” you yelled.

“Omo! Kawaaii!! You guys are so adorable! Let me take a selca of you both..” upon saying this Izumi took out his phone.

Mark quickly pulled you closer to his chest, making your heart pound.

He wrapped his arm around your waist. Realizing his movements, you struggle to get off him screaming. He suddenly let go taking your face in his hands lifting it up, meeting his eyes. You froze. His eyes behind his spectacles were so beautiful it reminded you of the way Usui Takumi looked at Ayuzawa Misaki in Kaichou wa maid sama (otaku's you know this and newbies google it ). Your bodies fitted each other well, it felt like it was meant to be.

"PERFECT!" screamed Izumi, fanboying. "Must get this printed muwahahah" he whispered to himself.