4- Spare the Rod, and Spoil the Child!

Exo Recommendation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Description

Chanyeol begins his fifth year at Hogwarts on the wrong foot; Baekhyun is an elitist prefect who cannot stay out of trouble for better or for worse (though mostly for worse, unsurprisingly); Yifan has one huge Hufflepuff problem and Kyungsoo is bored out of his mind. Meanwhile, Luhan despairs about Quidditch and life; yes indeed, the year is treating everyone well. However, something seems  to be off, lately. Hogwarts is not in its usual state and it would take a little more than just curiosity for the inquisitive student to find out why.

Foreword ►Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child (a harry potter!au series)

Genre: Romance, Fluff, OT12, Adventure,  Mystery

Rating: PG-13

Length: multi-chaptered series (20 chapters, an epilogue, and a random bonus chapter)

Pairings: Chanyeol/Baekhyun, Jongin/Kyungsoo, Luhan/Minseok, Yifan/Yixing, and a dash of Joonmyun/Jongdae - on top of a lot of other - more platonic - relationships

Disclaimer: I definitely do NOT own the HP universe or claim to own it, as we all know, HP is a product of JK Rowling's fantastic and wonderful imagination <3

 

 

► Side note on the Sorting!

In case each member's sorting is unclear during the read : (in order of appearance)

EDIT: added some trivia on each character for easier reading!

   Chanyeol: Gryffindor

♦ Half-blood. Both his parents are wizards, but quite a few branches of his family are "diluted"  on his father's side, so he is familiar with the Muggle world. ♦ Wand: Holly with a dragon heartstrings core ♦ Pet(s): Bartoc, a huge owl with a constantly dishevelled look, and "Snapchat". ♦ Beater of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. ♦ Favourite class: Defense Against the Dark Arts ♦ He is particularly interested in Muggle music, which he takes as an extra-curricular course. His guitar is charmed to remember the tunes he composed, in case he forgets them before writing them down. ♦ He would like to start a career in music someday, or alternatively, work in the Ministry like his mother. His parents are currently divorcing, which leaves him in a morose mood every now and then (especially when holidays draw near).

 

   Jongdae: Gryffindor

♦ Muggle-born. His parents are both Muggles, though they are very open and happy to learn about wizards culture. His elder brother is a wizard too, who is working in the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad at the Ministry. ♦ Wand: Cypress wood with a unicorn hair core ♦ Pet(s): A lizard named Robespierre ♦ Keeper of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. ♦ Favourite class: Transfiguration, though he is also good at Defense Against the Dark Arts. He takes Muggle Studies as an easy way to get an "O" on his O.W.L exams. ♦ Of an easy-going nature, he worries very little about his studies and takes everything at his own pace, which sometimes leaves Luhan exasperated. He just wants to have a good time with his friends at all times. Born a prankster, he is the founder of the "Destroy Byun Baekhyun" club.  

 

    Jongin: Gryffindor

♦ Pure-blood. His family has maintained a flawless lineage of Slytherins for more than three decades, until he showed up and ended in Gryffindor. Chanyeol and Jongdae sometimes poke fun at him, playfully saying that he is a Slytherin converted. ♦ Wand: Ebony with a phoenix feather ♦ Pet(s): Alphaba, a very plain-looking barn owl that he picked himself in first year ♦ Seeker of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. ♦ Favourite class: Potions ♦ In a way the black sheep of the family, Jongin is not fond of going home for the holidays: he usually spends Christmas with Sehun's family, or stays at Hogwarts by himself. He doesn't like attention (unless it has to do with Quidditch) and will often spend time alone when he is not with Chanyeol and the others, napping in the library or exploring the castle. 

 

   Sehun: Gryffindor

♦ Half-blood. His mother is a pure-blood, but his father is a wizard of Muggle descent. Sehun is particularly intrigued by Muggles in general, liking their fashion and some of their inventions such as bubble tea. He would like to work in the Misuse of Muggle Artefacts Office when he graduates. ♦ Wand: Rosewood with unicorn hair ♦ Pet(s): A pedigreed rat, named Bubbles ♦ Beater of the Gryffindor Quidditch team (from 4th year onwards). ♦ Favourite class: Muggle Studies ♦ He knows Chanyeol since they were small as their families are vaguely related, having a few distant relatives in common. Their two families used to celebrate Christmas together all the time before Chanyeol moved. Despite his taciturn appearance, Sehun makes friends easily and gets along with people from every house. ♦ He throws a different spell on his hair every few months to change the colour, saying that since their robes are always black, he might as well add a splash of colour to his hair.

 

  Tao: Gryffindor 

♦ Half-blood. Both his parents are almost pure-bloods, but when he was small, everyone believed that he was a Squib as he showed absolutely no sign of magic for the longest of times. His letter for Hogwarts also arrived one year late. ♦ Wand: Hazel, with a dragon heartstrings core ♦ Pet(s): A tawny owl named Michigo ♦ Favourite class: Divination and Astronomy ♦ Very emotional and sensitive, he needs time before opening up to people. But when courage is needed in crucial times to protect those he loves, Tao is always the first to speak his mind and fight for his c
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter