I'm alright.

When the rain stops [HIATUS]

 "The rain began again. It fell heavily, easily, with no meaning or intention but the fulfilment of its own nature, which was to fall and fall."
-Helen Garner

 

The sun peeked through her curtains and the rays of light landed on her face. She groaned and covered herself with her blanket, trying to avoid the light. As the darkness filled her eyelids again, she smiled happily and continued doze off, but it looked like that life had different plans for her. Her door loudly swung open and she heard her brother quietly coming towards her bed. She furrowed her eyebrows, eyes still shut. Jiyeon knew what was about to happen. She heard nothing but silence and then, felt something heavy crash on her, taking all of her breath from her lungs away. Of course. He always woke her up like that. Except those times, when she would wake up earlier than him.

“Good morning sleepy head, it’s time for school you brat.” He laughed loudly and nudged her small figure. Jiyeon let out a groan and threw her blankets off of her.

“You should find a way to wake me up more calmly.” She yawned and gave a smile to her brother. Guk smiled back.

“I guess I should. But you know, it’s more fun to jump on you.” He wiggled his eyebrows and laughed again. She sometimes wondered how did her brother acted in school so tough, when he was like a clown at home. Oh yeah, reputation. How could she forget it.

“You’re pure evil, oppa.” She laughed and hit him lightly on the shoulder.

“Ahh, you hurt me Jiyeon-ah, it hurts so bad, I think I’m dying. Are you the darkness to guide me to hell?” he looked at Jiyeon, with a hurt expression on his face.

“Yes I am, now let me get dressed and I’ll lead you to hell.” She made a straight face and put one hand on her heart.

“Tough luck, I’ll bring you to heaven.” Guk laughed and left the room. Jiyeon smiled looking at her brothers retreating back. As soon as he closed the door, the girl stood up and went to get a shower. Then she dressed her usual school uniform and went downstairs, to see her brother already eating some sandwiches.

“Did you left some for me?” Jiyeon raised a eyebrow and took a seat near her brother. She grabbed one sandwich and ate it. Soon they got ready and drove to school. As soon as the boy parked the car in the parking lot, near the school, Yong turned to Jiyeon, turning from his cheerful self, to a serious one.

“Listen Jiyeon-ah, if anything happens, find me okay? Junhong will be with you, so you can trust him too.” Guk looked directly to her eyes. Jiyeon was confused. Was he acting like that because of that night? But he didn’t say anything the other day and acted like nothing happened. She smiled and nodded.

“I know that, oppa. And you know it too, that if something happens, I’ll go to you or someone from BAP.” Jiyeon patted his shoulder and left the car. “See you later Guk!” She waved and went to her first class. Her brother’s eyes closely following her small frame. Guk sighed and left the car too. He hoped, that everything will be alright.

As soon as she entered her classroom, she saw some of the girls gossiping. Well it was normal for them, but when she heard their gossips about some new students, Jiyeon raised an eyebrow and sat down in her usual spot. The lesson should start soon, but she didn’t see Zelo. Maybe he was late as usual, so she just  pulled out her books, opened her notes and started drawing some circles out of boredom. She was so focused on her drawing, that she didn’t see the new students coming in to the class. But then, Jiyeon heard many of the girls sigh and squeak all around her. She raised her head and looked at the door, where seven guys were standing. Oh, that’s why the fuss was all about. She quickly looked through them. Yeah, they really were handsome. But she didn’t want to look at boys. Not after she recovers fully. Jiyeon wanted to continue drawing, but then her eyes met him.

“You were standing this all time waiting for me?” she smiled widely and looked at him. Jaebum gave her a light peck on her forehead.

“Of course, from now on, I’ll always wait for you here.” He laughed, what made her heart pound a little faster.

He changed a lot.

“Why are you acting like this? What did I do to you?” Jiyeon felt tears forming in her eyes. What happened? She didn’t recognized him.

He kept quiet and packed her things.

But she recognized him.

His eyes were cold. Too cold. Was he that cold before? Never.

She would always recognize his eyes, that were full of love. But this Jaebum, didn’t have happiness or love in his eyes.

His gaze shifted from her things to her small shaking form.

He had a cold stare, which met her eyes.

She felt tears blurring her vision.

 He recognized her too.

She didn’t saw love or happiness in those eyes. All she saw was…

Disgust and anger.

 Jiyeon quickly broke their eye contact and continued drawing some circles all around her notes. Why did he came back? The girl shook her head a little. She didn’t see one of the seven guys approaching her, because she didn’t want to. Or maybe, because she was just too overhelmed by the memories, that she was experiencing.

“Hey there beautiful, I’m Mark and you are?” She looked at the boy who spoke to her and faked a smile.

“Jiyeon.”  She answered him and proceeded drawing circles, not wanting to talk to him anymore. But it looked like Mark had other plans. He grabbed her pen and laughed lightly, raising it above his head. Jiyeon furrowed her eyebrows and stood up. It was bad, that her height was small and this guy was tall.

“Please give it back” Jiyeon faked a smile again, not even trying to reach her pen. The boy laughed and then, something unexpected happened. Jaebum came into her view and took the pen. He didn’t smile, nor he was looking happy. His eyes were so cold. His psychical appearance changed. His hair was now black, he had much more earrings than before. He got tall.

“Stop flirting with es Mark, the lesson is starting.” He put it down on her table and left to take his seat. Jiyeon flinched because of his words. That was harsh. He left her and now he’s calling her a ? Life was really cruel. Mark was confused as hell too. He looked at Jiyeon, but the girl didn’t see anything and just sit back down to her place.  He really wanted to apologize to her, but he was taken aback, when a guy appeared in front of her and started talking something quietly to her.

Zelo came into the class, just before the bell rang. And when he saw a new guy standing near Jiyeon, he smiled. Maybe she was really healing and made a new friend. But he mistook badly, because when he came nearer, he saw his friend looking at her desk, not seeing anything. Something happened. He looked at that guy, who was standing near her, his anger slowly raising. It looked like he was in a shock. Junhong quickly looked around the classroom and spotted him. That bastard. Zelo looked at him and Jaebum looked at him, smirking. That what was wrong. He quickly went to Jiyeon’s side and started comforting her.

“Jinnie, don’t shed tears for that bastard.” He looked at his friend with a worried expression. The girl was lying near him, her head resting on his chest, which was all wet because of the tears. She looked up to him and managed a small, tired smile.

That smile broke his heart.

“Oi Jinnie, let’s go home? Or maybe let’s ditch school and go for some ice-cream?” he smiled at her, but the girl only shook her head.

“I’m alright.” She smiled at him. Definitely she wasn’t alright and Zelo saw that. He wanted to suggest something more, but then the teacher came in. He had no choice but to sit down in his seat. Well, at least he was sitting behind her. When the lesson ended, he stood up to go to Jiyeon, but she left quickly.

She left the class as soon as the bell rang. She needed some alone time. Jiyeon felt the pain in her chest increasing every second. She mixed with the crowd of students and left the building. The girl had her favorite spot in the school garden, on a bench near a beautiful tree. As soon as she reached her usual spot, she clutched her chest were the pain was. She promised not to shed tears for him, never again. And she won’t. She’ll just continue her life without him. Ignore him. And move on. But she knew it was all lies. The girl looked at the sky and then she saw the dark clouds coming towards. The rain will start again soon.

“Jiyeon!”