That XX

How Could You Be So Cold (Based on a song Lonely by 2ne1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CONTINUATION

 

Dara’s POV

As soon as I arrived at work, I went directly to my cubicle while greeting some of my co-workers.. I'm already expecting not to see a cup of coffee on my table and stuffs my ex-boyfriend send everytime I arrived at work. Just like what I expect, no cup of coffee, no bouquet of flowers and no voice messages. "Good" i said as I put my bag aside and bent my body sideways. I took a breath as I stared at my table "guess I need to do everything on my own now, back to the usual days this is all I've been wanting for anyway".. i took a seat and happen to looked at the old picture frame displays "i have to change this picture frames soon" i said to myself, it's a picture of us anyway..

I smiled as I rest my head backwards on the back of my chair, remembering what happened earlier... I was asking stupid questions with TOP-sshi, I can't help but feel curious about his actions towards me, will he take responsiblities with it?.. I snap my thoughts off then continue my work.

 

Author’s POV

FLASHBACK

Before, when Dara arrives at work, Jiyong leaves her a cup of coffee with a cheesy note saying “I LOVE YOU BABY” and flowers on her table before she goes to work (he drops by before going to work) and if he's too busy with work he just sends her voice messages so when she arrives at work she'll be reminded that he always remember her first thing in the morning since she don't usually bring her phone with her, she's not into texting/calling until then who knows when she started bringing it with her and even started putting a password..

Dara was 3rd to Jiyong's girlfriend list, since his relationship last longer than a year. Jiyong used to be broken hearted the time he met Dara who was introduced by his friend Chaerin, Jiyong to be specific has no luck in love but he is lucky in the business world which is not what he really wanted. Though he is a girls dream guy, he still always find himself unlucky, girls only dig in because of his money and not to mention his NAME and appearance.. His friends always tells him to stop giving girls all they want, that's the only way he can find the right girl who will love him not because of what he have and that's when he met Dara.. Dara is different from the girls he's been with (well until she changed), she has no interest in money, diamond rings and stuffs.. she’s just a simple girl who works hard for a living, but Jiyong still can’t stop himself giving her everything she don't actually need even if she didn’t asked him too.. Dara want a simple life which the two of them can enjoy without girls flirting on with her boyfriend, people who talks behind their back just to ruin their relationship, and people saying she's too old for him and that she don't fit Jiyong's quality.

 Don’t get her wrong, over years she had a hard time being in a relationship with the "girls dream guy", and beside being suffocated by his over protective attitude she also have had many rivals and not just ordinary girls, but girls who suit Jiyong’s standards perfectly.. she's way too far to those clingy girls, she has a bad family background and has a poor living eversince.. there were also times when they fought over those stuffs, but Jiyong knows that he is being honest to her and he doesn't feel guilty about it, but she’s just a girl she gets insecure and jealous sometimes too, especially when Jiyong has a lot of girl close friends at work and the fact that Jiyong is too friendly that girls somehow misunderstood his sweetness towards them (well now he tries to act snob so she won't get jealous and insecure), while to Dara he always warn her not to talk and be friends with other guys rather than him (of course he had enough of girls cheating behind his back he's afraid it might happen again, which definitely happened), to her it was unfair, she can’t even have time to have fun and hang out with some friends (she needs his permission first), when all her life all she do is work and be with him all through the week if possible, sometimes he calls her for hours if he's away just to make sure of everthing,well in that case women gets tired too.

 

 

TOP’s POV

When I walked her to her work place, it was a bit awkward.. I don't know but this woman is different from the other girls I have a night with, of course I'm expecting her to act like "when is our next? When are we going to finish the unfinish business?" but no I was wrong, instead she was acting cute and innocent.. or is she? she acts like "com'on court me now take responsibility" and keep in mind that bothers me.. I looked at her and it seems like she's waiting for me to talk first "Did he know?" there I said it.. her eyes widen as she stared at me but then lowered her head maybe she can't take my kluts stare "uh.. neh, he was there when my friend saw us" she said blushing like a high school girl, "chincha?" I asked her not really surprise since I've done this many times, having a taste with my friends girlfriends so yeah I'm used to it.. with this face and body even a married woman wants me “neh, but they didn’t tell him of course, I was the one who confronted him, but he still has no idea who the guy I’m saying” she said that made me feel kinda guilty, why is she so honest does she really have to tell Jiyong? so she confronted him already? then I heard her asked again “why did you do it? You know I’m committed to Jiyong that time, but why you choice to betray him?” aigoo! this woman is unpredictable is she acting innocent cause she really look like one, and does she know nothing about men? “I don’t know, I have the confidence that I can take you from him.. besides I was attracted by you the first time we meet, and I feel like I’ve already known you for a long time… that is why I feel comfortable talking to you” I replied smiling looking at her, everything Jiyong said about her is true she's really different and to add one she's unpredictable who knows what she might do next, just then we realized that we’re already standing in front her work place.. “so.. see you around? Want to know you more anyway.. and about Jiyong's..” i said when she cut my words and said “we already broke up, so it wouldn’t be a problem” I stared at her surprised I was supposed to say that we should keep it a secret, for a minute I replied “seriously? But..” I stopped when she shut me off  “I’m already late, see you next time.. uh here’s my number” she gave me a paper with her number as she leaved me outside speechless staring at her as she went inside the building.. wait "damn" did she just said they've already broke up?

I went to my Café to check if everything went fine.. I then went home after hours of observing, just when I received a message from a friend.. “JIYONG?” I startled when I saw his name as I opened my phone, I read his message asking if I’m free tonight to have a drink.. well I didn’t took long to respond, I said I’m having a rest so I can't go, I can’t face him now knowing he will tell me everything about what happened to him and Dara, how would I react since I am involve? Damn this is quite harder than I think, who knows with a one night stand, no not a one night stand since we didn’t have for G’s sake.. so yeah, who would have thought that she confronted him and worst break up with him. Is she that serious? Did she thought that after what happened I will ask her to be my girlfriend? “Damn!” it was just for fun a lot of woman are aware of it.. I lay on the sofa thinking about it

Okay, I was attracted by her fresh, pretty charming face, her white glowing skin that I want to give a try.. but I never planned of ruining their relationship, not a chance that I'd be in a relationship too. She could just keep it a secret to Jiyong but instead she's so honest to confront him all the way, when I said “I have the confidence that I can steal you from him” did she happen to misunderstood that?.. I snapped back from my thoughts when my phone vibrates, I looked at the caller and yeah its him again “yeoboseyo” I answered in just 3 rings “how about a drink at your apartment, guess that would be okay” Jiyong said on the other line, he sounds dispirit “uh, not here.. okay let's drink later but not here..” he cut me off saying “too late. I’m driving now to your apartment, I brought hard liquors so no need to worry” he said with a weird tone, so I have no choice damn this kid “Araso, I have no choice anyway”

As soon as he hangs up, I ready myself to listen to his never ending stories about Dara again, just like before. But this time it’s different, I already know what he will be going to tell me.. He always talks about Dara way before he introduce me to her, that what made me want to know that woman so much.. I heard the door bell rang so I hurried to open it, I expected to see the “handsome face” of this guy but to my surprised he looks awful lik a broken man.. geez! Is he making me feel guilty? This guy is too old fashioned too to act so serious towards a girl at his young age, if I were him I'd be in a deep right now

 

Author’s POV

TOP: scratches his back “come in, aigooo.. what’s with that awful face dude” tried to act innocent gesturing him to come in

Jiyong: "just wanna drink till I drop” he replied while putting the liquors on the table then seated on the sofa grabbing a pillow putting it on his lap, somehow his true feelings shows no matter how hard he acts like his okay

TOP: “uhh..” he stops for awhile as he throw glances at him “are you that stress at work? you've got puffy eyes” trying to give him a loopsided smile

Jiyong: lays his head at the back of the sofa as his face facing the ceiling “anni" he took a deep breath "she broke up with me” he smiled trying to hide the pain inside “do I looked so stupid? How can girls easily fool me? and use me to fulfill their financial needs?” he asked with frustration but still trying to hold it in to act manly. He wasn't only talking about Dara, he was talking about all the ex-girlfriends who fooled him

TOP: staring at the broken man "well, guess it would be unfair to other guys if you have everything, aside from being rich, makes sense right?” he lets out a laugh but Jiyong just stared at him with a lifeless eyes “anyway.. here have a drink, drunk yourself man, that image doesn’t suit your broken heart like seriously.. why not try a different life now. iI'm sure you'll enjoy it” laughing a bit trying to .. Jiyong straighten his body then takes a sipped of his drink “women with their crazy unpredictable emotions..” he shakes his head as he lets out a laugh then brushes his hair upwards “how come they kept on asking for a man who can love them back but when they found one they leave them and go after some bad guys to fulfill their personal needs. Then complains after being hurt by the bad guys, how is that propitiate?” he looks at him but then he turned his head away to hide the almost falling tears. TOP clears his throat, can’t say anything cause of guilt “ouch! that hits me hard, God knows how to punish me”  he thought as he drinks his liquor.. “if that what she wants then i'll accept it.. but I can't let this go, cheating on me is the least I wanted to hear she knows I have trust issues.. She’ll definitely regret everything, she’ll find herself wanting me back again” Jiyong continued ranting as he stared at the bottle of liquors in front him.. “that’s how you do it man, don’t stress yourself you’re too young to get married.. let's have fun tonight neh? later i'll introduced you to what so called FUN” he joke that made Jiyong fake a laugh. "this is the least thing I could do to repay you" TOP thought as he watch Jiyong pour another hard liqour that made him drunk all through the night....

   

Scene: Bom and Dara House

6:30PM KST

When Bom arrived home, she jumped on her bed wanting to take sleep.. she was very tired with work plus Jiyong’s mother Mrs. Kwon was really strict, giving them a lot of work to do not like her son Jiyong who treats the workers, stuffs and trainees just the same as he treats everyone and they can even go home as early as possible.. Though Mrs. Kwon is really nice and kind in person but in work it has to be business, she’s that professional.

Suddenly, the bed moves just when Bom turned around seeing Dara beside her facing the wall though she can’t read her face expression.. “When did you come in?” Bom asked Dara “just now, I’m really hungry you know, I haven't took lunch I forget to remind myself on time.” Bom faces her as she sat on the bed “aiggooo… just say it, you were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter