flashback

Ddeokbukki and Banana Milk

Flashback

 

            The cold wind that gushes in to exchange places with the stale air in the basement makes a shiver run down the spine of a little boy curled up in a corner of the basement.

           

            His stormy grey eyes widen in horror when he sees his father appear at the door; dragging an unconscious girl along with him, he proceeds to prop her down the opposite wall and shackle her right wrist with a cuff that’s chained to the wall. Internally, Taemin flinches when he sees the cuff because he’s seen the other girls his father’s brought here. The amount of blood that dots the iron cuffs makes him feel cold and helpless.

 

            On the outside, he remains motionless as he watches the man pace the room. His legs are drawn up to the chest, cold leeching into his system through his bare feet that touches the concrete ground. Taemin’s only four but he’s learnt the hard way that the slightest movement could trigger a bout of beatings from his father. Glancing over at his father he catches sight of the rack of whips at the far end of the room and hugs his legs to himself a little tighter.

 

            He comforts himself with the knowledge that there isn’t a cigarette in his father’s mouth. Numerous burns already litter his body from last night.

 

            Too late he’s realized that he’s made the mistake of letting out a soft sigh; immediately he feels a lump form in his throat as he turns to look at the man who’s suddenly swiveled his head in his direction and is now approaching him with a long whip in hand.

 

 

 

            It’s cold. Cold.

            Daddy said when it’s cold it’s winter. The winter makes daddy sad. Daddy says it’s Taemin’s fault Mama died. I don’t know who Mama is but Daddy loves her a lot.

            Taemin is a bad person.

            Taemin made Mama die.

            Taemin is bad.

            Daddy says the girls help him forget Mama. Taemin is bad but Taemin doesn’t want daddy to hurt the girls. Daddy should hurt Taemin. Taemin is wrong. Taemin is bad.

            Please daddy, don’t hurt them any more. Taemin will be better so daddy please don’t hurt them.

            Please daddy.

            Taemin is sorry.

            Somebody please help daddy.

            Please help me.

 

            And that’s the last thought he has before the pain of the whip lashes against his skin and he blacks out.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Annyeong chingus! I'm so sorry for the late update but classes have started and I'm super busy! The amount of work they're throwing at us is enought to make me bleed *sobs* BUT annnywwwaaayyys, has anyone NOT seen Jonghyun's new mv and live stages? If you haven't then my gosh you are missing out on so much *cries* it's so perfect and y and adorable and quirky and sooooo hiiiimmmmmmm *mmmeeeellllttsss* He's a lot thinner now :( but I guess he wanted to lose some weight for the solo debut. (YOU'S DON'T NEEDA LOSE WEIGHT BABE, YOU IS PERFECT THE WAY YOU AAAREE) Oh and oh my gooooshhh there's a vid of him crying on the 4things show. When I saw the tears I was a bit like *CRIES A RIVER*.

 

Ahem...

 

Anyways, this chapter's kinda short but that's because it's a flashback chapter. Every few chapters or so, I'll add one of these in just to show you how Taemin lived his life as a kid. They're not going to be in order, so you might get a flashback from when he was three years old and then suddenly a flashback from him when he's four. I kinda want to show you what Taemin thinks. He's a hard character to get into the mind of, mainly because I come from a really normal family. But from the perspective of a child who knows nothing except his father who's abused him his entire life, I wanted to show that he's just a kid who doesn't know that his dad is doing something wrong. I hope you like the flashback chappie ;) I'll update really soon with a proper chappie but have this to tide you over.

 

COMMENT REPLIES :

@Casandra : Oh casandra my lovely reader :) I always see your comments on my chappies and it really makes me happy to see people comment so first of all I wanted to say a big thanks and give you a great, big, GIANT hug heheh <3 Key will be meeting Tae in the next chapter but for now I hope this kinda satisfies your angsty needs!

@SungrinShawol92 : Hey there! Hahaha yeaaa, basically Jjong's just a big er for Key in this story and Key's just as big of a er for Jjong but he's better at hiding it ;) Happy new year to you toooooo! <3

@animaeholic : alooooohaaaaa friiiiieeennnd! hahaha I see your comments and be all like, 'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww<3' hehehe but yes, Tae's father is a douche but he has a reason for it and I think that the human heart is a mysterious thing. We feel so much and take in so much but in the end it gets overwhelming when we don't know how to deal with it. When something is taken from us our natural tendency is to lash out. It happens all the time, you see it at funerals when relatives fight with each other and you see it when couples break up, anger and regret always comes before grief and in some cases the regret adds to the anger and makes it worse. Tae's father is basically a broken man who blames the world for his misfortune. Like a trauma patient he distances himself from things that can leave him and cause him pain, he kills and women that resemble his wife because he feels betrayed but at the same time longful. It's a contradiction, a dilemma. When he kills them, it satisfies him in the sense that he was the one to make them leave. He has the control. Hehehhee.... sorry I got a bit long winded here :D but anyways, thank you for the kind comment readernim! <3

@pinkwlgirl : heeyyy, it's you agaaiiiin :) <3 2min is really adorbs but lately the jongtae that's been going on is off the charts! hahaha annnywaaayyys, thanks for the lovely comment and I hope to see you again soon!

@yurashawol : oh hey! I think I saw you in the last chapter didn't I? :) <3 yes Jjong and Key are compassionate people. In this story they sort of get tested. It takes patience, kindness and a whole load of love to heal a person and here, Jjong and Key will be taking up the challenge.

@jjongluvbummie : heyy youuuu <3! hahaha I'm glad you liked the last chapter I hope this one will be satisfactory as well. It's a sad chapter but it's kinda important for character development so I hope you'll enjoy it :)

 

THANKS TO ALL THE READERNIMS WHO COMMENTED :) YOU ARE AMAZEBALLS AND ALSO THANK YOU TO THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE SUBSCRIBED AND UPVOTED! <3