Careful What You Wish For

Batch 1 | December 2014 (Part 1 )

Author: @jungaya

Cast: Park Chanyeol – Son Seungwan (Wendy)

Genre: drama

 

 

The moon light seeping thru the curtains of Seungwan room, however the owner didn’t sat inside, she sat on her veranda staring into the backyard. She wrapped her body with thick blanket, ignoring the freezing cold weather.

“You gonna catch cold, baby.” Chanyeol come with two glasses of warm chocolate on his hand and offer one to Seungwan.

“Oh, oppa. Thanks. I just went blank?” the girl grins sheepishly.

“Come on let’s get in. I don’t want my princess get sick.” Chanyeol wrapped his arm around Seungwan’s shoulder and urged her inside.

“But I want stay outside.” She pouted while walking inside.

“We can do that in summer, baby.” Chanyeol back hugging her after put their mug on the desk and lead Seungwan sat on the bed.

“Really? Will you be here by summer?” Seungwan asked suspiciously toward her boyfriend.

“Maybe?” Chanyeol chuckled, his eyes twinkled with mischievousness.

“YAH!”

 

Chanyeol laughter filled Seungwan ears, causing her heart to boost with all the love she had for the tall boy. Park Chanyeol, her boyfriend by 2 years. At first, Seungwan didn’t even know the very tall boy who always hung out with her sunbaes in choir club, Baekhyun, Jongdae and Kyungsoo. Until one day Lay sunbae who usually play piano for choir’s practice got sick and Chanyeol comes as stand in. Chanyeol wasn’t the most handsome sunbae or the most popular, the other clique member Kris Wu is taking the position, but Seungwan can’t take her eyes from Chanyeol that practice. Neither too Chanyeol, at the practice break he asked Baekhyun about the girl with pretty and sunshine-like laugh which the latter working quickly to introduce both of them.

One month later Chanyeol comes again to choir practice, after begging Lay and tell him he want to asked Seungwan out, and asked Seungwan to be his girl in front of everyone including Tiffany the vocal couch.

 

“You’re daydreaming, babe.” Chanyeol pointed out.

“I just suddenly remember when you asked me out, Oppa. Do you remember?”

“Yeah, your face as red as tomato when I spoke thru microphone.”

“Oppa why you only remember the embarrassing side of me?” she hit Chanyeol firm arm.

“Aw love please, no violence.” He laughed and dodging Seungwan small fist.

“Pst don’t make so much noise, they will find out.”

“It’s your fault babe, you shouldn’t hit me.”

“Are you asking for another blow, oppa?”

 

Chanyeol laughed at Seungwan, seriously her hand is so small how actually she went around hitting something, he thought.

 

“Hey do you remember Jongdae’s birthday?” Chanyeol asked, while casually sipping his chocolate.

“Are you seriously talking about that?”

“Yeah, when you show up two hour early with sleep over stuff.” Chanyeol teased.

“I was mixed up Jongdae sunbae text with Yoomi, right. It wasn’t big deal.” Seungwan flushed, cheeks pinked with embarrassment.

 

It was early autumn when Jongdae, the forever troll, decide to have party at his house for his birthday. It supposed to be pool party with close friends (and apparently their girlfriends) that Seungwan read her friend invitation to sleep over the next weekend as Jongdae’s birthday party invitation. And she showed up on Jondae’s doorsteps with short jeans and hoodie, while the birthday boy busy making some fruit punch with Kyungsoo help. The bad thing is Chanyeol had to be there, blowing some balloons and fueled water cannons. Chanyeol send her home to change, of course after much mockery and teasing from him –and lots hitting from Seungwan.

 

“So we gonna play this game tonight huh? I do remember well our first year anniversary.” Seungwan crossed her arms on her chest.

“Babe.” Chanyeol groaned. “Aren’t you sleepy? Let’s just cuddle and sleep.” He pretends to yawn.

“You’re not changing the topic, Park Chanyeol!”

 

It was their first year anniversary, Chanyeol dressed his house backyard with flowers, balloons and a big picture of him and Seungwan. He even bought big rillakkuma plushie for Seungwan.  The girl touched by her boyfriend surprise, it was very romantic with roses everywhere and candles lit around. Seungwan thought that they will ate there but turned out they didn’t. Chanyeol is already emptying his wallet for the flowers. So Seungwan cook some ramen for them.

 

“You know I’m not as rich as Joonmyeon babe. The flowers are quite expensive not to mention Chanwan!” he pointed the big plushie resting on Seungwan bed feet.

“Maybe I should date Joonie oppa instead.” Seungwan teased back.

“Yeah, Joonmyeon hyung is still single you know.” Chanyeol raised his brow.

“God, babe when can I win from you?” Seungwan let an exaggerated sigh.

“How about never?” Chanyeol smirked and pulled the small girl to his side, arm wrapped on her wasit.

“Psh. I hate you oppa.”

“I love you more, Seungwan.”

 

“AW!” chanyeol pouted as Seungwan hit his arm again. She moved and made herself cozy on Chanyeol embrace. Chanyeol grinned and peck Seungwan lips as both of them fall on comfortable silence, just enjoying each other presence. Then the realty kicking into Seungwan.

 

Hey baby when we are together, doing things that we love

Every time you’re near I feel like I’m in heaven, feeling high

 

“Oppa.” Seungwan called in soft, hushed voice.

“Hmm? What is it princess?” Chanyeol responded, his hand caressing Seungwan fingers.

“Will we be okay?” her voice trembling, shaking slightly.

“No we won’t, but we can make it.”

“I don’t want. Let’s just run away.” She pleaded.

“You know we can’t, right baby?” Chanyeol hold Seungwan shoulders, moving her to face him.

“Why us, oppa? Why not just anyone else? Anyone else but us?” seungwan keep asking a question that neither she nor Chanyeol have the answer.

 

Seungwan keep silently crying on Chanyeol arms. It hurt him how he is so helpless in this situation. How he wanted to be egoist and speak his mind, to tell their relationship to their parents. But no. not yesterday, not today, and he hope he is strong enough not to tomorrow.

 

I don’t wanna to let go, girl

I just need you to know girl

 

Chanyeol keep hugging her when she cried herself empty, whispering sweet words that both know they were just words. Tomorrow will be different, they can’t fight. Not when they can’t be egoist and bring misery to the whole family.

 

I don’t wanna run away, baby you’re the one I need tonight

Baby, now I need to hold you tight, I just wanna die in your arms

 

“You know I wished time just stop here.” Seungwan whispered.

“Why?”

“Because I’m with you and honestly that’s all I need.”

 

-----

 

Chanyeol look dashingly handsome on his suit, standing beside his father in altar. He watching every move Seungwan made as she walked closer behind her mother. Seungwan condition wasn’t better than he is, slight puff eyes that covered by makeup due to that crying and staying up late and tortured soul barely peeking thru their eyes.

 

“Today we gather to witness unity between Park Junsu and Son Hanjoo…” the priest voice seems fading away in Chanyeol ear, he can only notice Seungwan face as both of them descending from altar and stood beside it.

 

Chanyeol always wanted a younger sister, but not this way. Not when his soon to be younger sister is his beloved girlfriend.

 

 

END