Did you really betray me?

Oceans Apart

YOON A POV

 

Today is my first day in Korea after arrival yesterday... I woke up quite late. Perhaps because of my jet lag, I couldn't sleep well last night. My room is very spacious indeed. Thanks to that Taec Yeon guy--he must have a great influence. My suite was complete with a private kitchen, bathroom, bedrooms, and also a spacious living room with a mini bar. I really enjoyed the room.

Today I shall start my searching for Hyun Bin Oppa.

After taking a quick shower, I donned my favorite blouse paired with my blue denim jeans. I apply a thin layer of make up on my face as I hurry for breakfast. Well, not really breakfast as the clock shows that it's 11 am, nearing noon. Brunch will do just fine.

I took my saddle bag and my hand reach for the key on the table but stopped when I saw the piece of paper lying beside the key.

I slowly pick up the paper. That paper contained Hyun Bin Oppa's address. I doubt if he is still living in that house with his parents. It's been 10 years now. I sat down at one of the cushion at the living room. The past memory came flooding my mind as soon as I remember Hyun Bin Oppa..

Hyun Bin Oppa and I  grew up together. Our family were really close with each other. Even her mother always teased me by calling me as her sweet little daughter in law. After we turned 10 years old, Hyun Bin Oppa and his family had to move to Korea as his father, working as a diplomat was transferred by the embassy to work there. I was brokenhearted.

I remember myself crying to sleep almost every night missing him. We only get in touch through letters and it ends when both of us enters middle school. Maybe our school routines get us so caught up with our own world.

"Yoon A-ah.. There's something that Appa and Omma would like to tell you.." Appa, Omma, and I were seated in the living room one evening.

"What is it, Omma...Appa?"

"Do you still remember your Hyun Bin Oppa?" Appa asked me...

"Emm..."  I was busy reading one of the magazine.

"Do you remember how close you're then?"

"That's an old story, Appa..."

"Omma and I never really wanted to tell you this but I guess you have the right to know it when the right time comes..." Omma was quietly seated next to Appa.

Now, I am started to pay full attention to what my Appa has to say.

"We talked to your Hyun Bin's parents and we are really pleased to have the both of you married with each other.." Finally Appa said that sentence.

"What?" I only could say that. Hyun Bin Oppa and I were arranged to be married? I thought I hear it wrongly but then Omma repeats it.

"We always wanted you to be married to him... ever since you're just a little girl.."

"But Omma... Appa... I don't know anything about Hyun Bin Oppa's whereabouts. It's been 10 years already since he left this place."

"But you love him very much, right Yoon A?"

"Yes... but I don't think this will work. How if he already has someone in mind? I don't want to hurt myself. He's not even replying my letters."

"Yoon A... We just want the best for you. We believe that the both of you are meant to be together." Omma added..

Yeah, right! I really hope that was true. I do really love Hyun Bin Oppa. But I am scared that he doesn't have the same feeling towards me. 10 years without any news were difficult you know.. I don't hate him but...

"Yoon A,.. did you hear any news from your childhood sweetheart?" Eun Hye asked as we were heading for the library after class.

"Nope..."

"I'm not sure if this Hyun Bin that my cousin knew is the same Hyun Bin Oppa of yours but... He's been dating someone." Eun Hye's cousin were living in Korea. Eun Hye regularly fly back home to Korea whenever we have holiday break as her family lives there.

."Are you sure, Eun Hye? I don't even know where is he at this moment..."

"Well, his father is a diplomat right? My cousin's family travel to other country a lot so they are really close with his family."

"Well, yeah.. but Hyun Bin Oppa is not like that!" I tried to defend Oppa.

I was quite shocked to hear Eun Hye statement at first. I am sure that Hyun Bin is not my Oppa.. besides he won't do that to me, right! There's not just one person with the name Hyun Bin in this world. But Eun Hye will never lie to me... not ever! I know Eun Hye well enough.

"Wait till I bring that picture tomorrow..." Eun Hye is very determined.. She claimed that her cousins sent that picture to her. I don't really know the reason behind it but Eun Hye is very determined.

Perhaps because she got tired listening to my repeated version of childhood love: Yoon A and Hyun Bin... I never dated anyone ever since Hyun Bin Oppa left... Not that there's no one who're interested in me but I just don't want to give my heart to anyone else.

"Whatever.. I still trust my Oppa that he won't betray me!" I answered confidently.

The next day,  I was shocked almost to death.

"Is this person your Hyun Bin Oppa?" Eun Hye asked me as she hands me a photo.

I couldn't really recognize the person that Eun Hye is referring to at first but upon looking at that person's eyes, I was convinced that he is the same Hyun Bin that I love. In the picture I could see Oppa standing in the middle of two person: a guy at his left, and a girl at his right. They look so close with each other. My tears come rolling down unannounced. Did he really do that to me? Is he really dating someone else?

"Hyun Bin Oppa....." I started crying.

"Yoon A, are you okay? I am sorry for telling you this..." Eun Hye looks worried.

"I'm okay.. Are you really sure that he's dating someone else?" I still couldn't believe what I had just heard.

"That's what my cousin told me.. did you see the lady standing beside him? He's dating her. I even hear that they are planning to get married.." I could feel my whole world turned upside down, my heart torn into pieces..

That's the main reason of me coming here.... I want to know the truth!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________