Honk!! Honk!!

Oceans Apart

YOON A POV

 

Yeah... I'm here in Korea!

I was finally able to locate the place in which I could purchase a bus ticket after struggling hard finding the right word in my dictionary as I ask questions around. It was quite embarrassing but then I have to do that.

As soon as I bought the ticket, I quickly get into the bus and before long I was on the way to the big city of Seoul. Sitting beside me is an old Ajumma. I couldn't communicate with her well as she only speak little English but I was able to ask a few questions that I could think of that could help in asking direction.

Indeed Seoul is a big city... There's the part of Seoul called North and South Seoul. I heard one of the passenger telling someone who's sitting beside her that the highway is only one way. There's no U-Turn or anything. Once you enter the highway, you won't be able to turn back. It's kind of interesting facts. Why would they design it that way. Perhaps for a good control of traffic.

The journey to the heart of Seoul took about 2 hours. I was too tired that I dozed into quite a deep sleep throughout the journey. In fact, I only woke up when the Ajumma who's sitting right next to me woke me up. Thinking about Hyun Bin Oppa really caused me great heartache. Why he did that to me? I demanded explanation...

 

The bus station is indeed super crowded. Everyone is too engrossed in their own world... This place is much more urbanized compared to my country but I still feel that there is no place like home. I managed to reach Seoul now but then it bugged me that I still don't know how to go to the place that Eun Hye told me to go. I sighed.

I pulled my luggage as I trailed the roadside and finally stopped as my feet hurt and hunger pangs attack my stomach. I tried to stop the taxi but not even one of it stopped in front of me. I really don't know how to find my way. I do feel a bit regret but I quickly shakes that feeling far away.

I continue walking hoping someone would stop and offer me help.

HONK!HONK!

 

"Who the heck that person was?.. That person must be thinking that this road belongs to his/her father." I say that to myself.

I was a little bit distracted. Of course I am hoping someone would stop but not by honking me as if I am blocking the way. I ignored that honking sound and continue walking.
 Not long after that...

"Miss!.. Miss!" A voice was heard..

"Hey,.. I thought I heard this voice before. But where?" I started to be puzzled but still not dare enough to turn around and look at that person.

"Miss Luggage!..." That person don't seem to know when he have to give up.

I stopped and slowly turned around. Oh, my goodness!..Did that guy just called me Miss Luggage?... Behind me I could see a red 458 Spider Ferrari  stopping. Who could that be? How if it's one of the loan shark or perhaps gangsters? I will be really in a big trouble. I quickly walked away.. Even though I desperately needed help, I just couldn't take the risk to be involved in such a dangerous situation.

"Miss, don't be afraid! I want to help you." When did that person came out from his car? He's now standing beside me. I was too shocked. but ,wait! Perhaps this person could help me.

I stopped and look at that person...

"Oh, my goodness!!!" Only that word that came out from my mouth. He's the Airport guy!..

"Miss, Stop already! I just want to help you okay," That guy sure got his patience tested.

"Um.. OK!" I stopped. I looked straight into the guy's eyes. He looks puzzled yet anxious waiting for the words coming our from my mouth.

 

"You. help me. this place. find?" I handed to him a piece of paper in which the address of the place that Eun Hye gave me.

"Ah, you're going to this place? This is unbelievable. This is the place in which I am working at."

"Wait.... you. works here?" Ah, I finally got lucky. He's working there.... not bad!

I followed the guy as he helped me with my luggage. What is he really working as---He drives a great car!

"Please, come in! I'll put your luggage into the bonnet." He opened the door. I feel like I was treated as a princess. LOL... He must be working as a driver, or perhaps a car jockey at the place that I want to go to-- well, he's very good at doing the opening-closing-the-door. Besides, not anyone could drive such great sports car. I am sure of that! Anyway, I'm grateful enough that finally I got someone who could help me.

"You... Know the place that I want to go?" I just don't care if I speak broken English.

 

"Sorry, miss. What did you say?"

*SIGH!* It's kind of hard communicating with him..

"Place I want to go. You know?" I repeat what I had just said.

"Ah, yeah. I'm working there." Yeah,.. Now it's confirmed, he's working there!

"You ..go Airport... Work?" He was silent for a few moments. I don't have the courage to talk more so I ends up playing the buttons beside the passenger's seats. I really don't meant to press that one button but he shocked me..

Suddenly, the roof of the car just opened. I could feel my jaw dropped. Wow!! This is so cool... I really meant it. Well, dad's car doesn't have this properties.

"Nope. I was there to take my friend's girlfriend." I was not really paying attention so I didn't really hear his full sentence except the last word 'girlfriend'.

"Girlfriend?"... Ah, He actually went to the airport to take his girlfriend. I just nod my head. What to expect, a guy like him must have a girlfriend right? I then kept quiet.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________