My Grandmother's Chamber part 2

My Grandmother's Chamber
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun released her hand from Luhan's grip in fright upon hearing the comment from the scary old woman but Luhan took her hand again in his, holding it even tighter than ever. Seohyun looked up to see his face as he stared at the old woman furiously. 

 

"What is going on inside this house and who are you?! You are not even her grandmother's sister!" Luhan yelled in rage.

The old woman just let out a scary disturbing smirk that scared both of them beyond belief and the teenagers slowly backed away in an attempt to stay away from the creepy old woman. They could feel their hearts were beating unevenly.

 

"Me? I am your grandmother, Han." The old woman replied with the same disturbing smirk.

 

"Stop saying you are my grandmother! You're just sick old woman who's been trapping me inside this house for a month!" Luhan replied angrily.

 

"Like it or not, forever you'll be trapped inside this house, Lu Han." And with that, the creepy old woman stepped forward to them with the sickeningly sound of her cane clunking on the floor.

Seohyun gulped in fear and her body stood shivering from head to foot until Luhan abruptly pulled her to the doorway, running out of the narrow room. They ran along a narrow corridor and emerged through a door into a small hall where suddenly the lights went out, leaving them in total darkness.

Luhan and Seohyun stood still, fearfully holding each other's hand tighter.

 

"Luhan, I'm scared..." Seohyun said in a whisper.

 

"Don't be..." His voice came soothingly but it was clear in his voice that he was also scared.

As they immersed in the blackness, Seohyun felt something brushed against her back and a thing that cold as an ice touched her nape, causing her to whimper in fear and panic. There was someone else beside them in the dark room.

 

"Luhan..." Seohyun called out.

 

"Yeah?" Luhan asked, sensing something wasn't right about the way she called out his name. In a flash, Seohyun hugged Luhan tightly as the cold thing kept on touching her nape.

 

"What's wrong...?" Luhan asked worriedly, though he couldn't see her face in the darkness but he knew she was crying.

 

"Just take me out of here..." Seohyun replied in a hoarse tone, burrying her face in his neck. Hot tears began to trickle down his collarbone and slowly, Luhan wrapped his hands around Seohyun, enveloping her in a tight embrace.

Then, a strong cold air blowing into their bodies, followed by the strange wailing sound that broke out from the other side of the room, caused them to hug each other even tighter. They were frightened.

The strong cold air was blowing with so much pressure for several minutes until it was completely gone with the strange wailing sound slowly vanished.

An uncanny quietness filled the air.

Seohyun and Luhan slowly broke the hug but quickly held each other's hand once more, knowing that the horror was still not over.

In the middle of the darkness they sensed something was coming to them and they fearfully stepped backward, slowly but unwaveringly.

Until, a hand, a pair of cold hands reaching out for their entwined hands, broke them apart forcefully and very soon a face of the scary old lady was already in front of their faces, just a mere inch from their faces as the lights suddenly turned back on.

Both Luhan and Seohyun looked at her in intense horror, eyes wide open and their breathing was literally stopped at that very moment.

 

"How disgusting! I am sick of seeing both of you sinful people holding hands inside my house!" The old lady screeched, clutching their clothes and pushed them to the ground. The youngsters shrieked in pain as they tried to stand up with the look of horror in their eyes.

The creepy old woman rose her cane towards Seohyun when she finally stood on her feet and smiled strangely at her as she walked closer. 

 

"I see you've grown up to be such a pretty lady. So pretty that it's making me sick!" She said with a look of disgust. Luhan took Seohyun's hand again and ran towards the door but much to their terror, the creepy old woman suddenly appeared on the doorway, preventing them to run through the door.

 

"You can't leave this house. Both of you!" She shrilled, pointed her cane towards the youngsters as they nervously stared at the creepy looking face of the old woman. Somehow her face became a lot creepier, perhaps since her silver hair wasn't tide up in a bun anymore with a few strands of her long silver hair were dangling limply over that scary face.

 

"What do you wants from us?! Why don't you let us out of here?!" Luhan yelled, throwing an angry look at the old woman despite being so scared.

The old woman smiled before replying.

 

"I have planned to trap both of you inside this house since you two weren't even born." 

She moved closer towards them as they took a few steps back.

 

"Don't you remember Seo Joohyun? We met twice when you were younger." The old woman said in sickeningly sweet voice, turning her gaze to Seohyun.

 

 

 

Fourteen years earlier.

 

Mr. Seo rose from his seat upon noticing that it was already past midnight. He quickly walked out his office and made his way to his bedroom. But as he walked passed his daughter's room he noticed that her bedroom door was widely open and her daughter was standing in the middle of the room, looking at her bathroom door.

 

"Seohyun, sweetheart. What are you doing around here? You should be sleeping." Mr. Seo approached her and got to her level.

 

"Daddy, I want to pee." A five year old Seohyun replied in a low, shaking voice.

 

"Then go to the bathroom." Her father said, holding her hand and started to step to the bathroom.

 

"I don't want to." Seohyun pulled her hand away, causing her father to raise an eyebrow slightly.

 

"Why?" He asked as he looked at his daughter who didn't even once take her eyes off of the bathroom door.

 

"Because there's an old woman inside my bathroom." Seohyun replied, still in a low, shaking voice.

 

"And who is this old lady?" Mr. Seo asked, turning his head to the bathroom door and back to his daughter as the hairs at the back of his neck began to stand up despite the absurdity of her explanation.

 

"I don't know. She's scary dad." Seohyun answered and hugged her father's leg tightly.

Mr. Seo didn't even bother to open the bathroom door to look for the old lady. He quickly took Seohyun in his arms and walked out the room.

 

"Tonight you sleep with mom and dad, sweetheart."

 

 

The old woman stopped moving towards the youngsters and threw them another scary smile.

 

"I came again when you turned seven."

 

 

 

Twelve years earlier.

 

 

"Mom." A seven year old Seohyun was sitting upright on her bed as she called out for her mother who was seen walking passed her bedroom.

Her mother quickly appeared from the doorway and ran to Seohyun's bed as she noticed the look that Seohyun had on her face. She looked terribly scared.

 

"Oh, honey, what's wrong? You're sweating." Her mother worriedly asked, wiping Seohyun's face with her shirt.

 

"Did you have a nightmare?" Her mother asked again and Seohyun just shook her head before she hugged her mother.

 

"An old lady keeps staring at me and it scares me." Seohyun quietly replied as she closed her eyes tightly in the arms of her mother.

 

"Where?" Her mother softly asked. She slowly pulled her daughter away and looked at her concerned.

 

"There." Seohyun pointed her finger towards the dark corner of her room. Her mother slowly turned her back and looked at the direction where Seohyun was pointing her finger at. She saw nothing except the dark corner and turned back her attention to Seohyun.

 

"There's nothing in there, sweetheart." Her mother said, thinking that her daughter was just seeing things. However, the look of horror on Seohyun's face was still visible. She haltingly looked into her mother's eyes as her body trembled.

 

"Mom..." 

 

"Yes, sweetheart?"

Seohyun raised her hand and pointed her finger once again.

Then in a low, scared whisper she said.

 

"She's right behind you..."

 

 

 

 

The creepy old woman shifted her gaze to Luhan, stepping one foot towards the youngsters.

 

"I also visited you Han, when you were ten."

 

 

 

Ten years earlier.

 

 

In the middle of the night, a ten year old Luhan rolled out of his bed and walked to the kitchen to get some water. He didn't know why but he felt very thirsty that he drank almost a bottle of water before he walked back to his room.

As he pushed the door open, something, more like someone, was standing inside his dim room. He couldn't make out the person's face for it was somewhat dark that he could only see the dark face peering at him. Luhan stood, unmoving, thinking that this person probably his old auntie from the visible long dress that dangling to her feet.

Haltingly, the dark figure stepped towards him and a ten year old Luhan stumbled back in fear upon realizing that she wasn't his auntie but a scary old lady. In a quick move, he timorously dashed downstairs to his parents' bedroom until he fell against a tall female whom he recognized as her own mother.

 

"Mom!" He shouted and flung his arms around her.

 

"Mom, there's...a scary old woman in my room...I'm so scared..." He said in between his sobs as the woman gently caressed his back.

Suddenly,

 

"Luhan."

Young Luhan heard indistinct voice of her mother calling out to him. Chills raced up and down his spine at the thought that the person he was holding was absolutely not his mother. 

Luhan feverishly removed his hands and rose his head only to see the face of the scary old woman he saw earlier in his room, peering at him with a huge grin across her terrifying face.

 

 

 

Luhan and Seohyun stared at the creepy old lady in total shock and disbelief upon remembering the scariest time they had in their younger years. They had buried the excruciating memories deep in the backs of their minds but now as the old woman reminded them again about it, they couldn't get themselves to forget even the slightest thing that happened that entire time. 

Ignoring the statement from the creepy old lady earlier, the youngsters clasped their hands together again and ran as fastly as they could. 

 

"You both can't run away from me!" A deep shrilling voice of the old woman just made them run even faster. They sprinted towards a closed door and opened it in a panic.

They dashed along a large and dark hallway of the house into another door and finally they entered the narrow corridor that will lead them to the main hall where they would find the front door of the house. But as they reached the main hall they were blocked by a huge figure of a man who gave them an icy stare. He was raggedly clothed in grotesque garments and both his hands were covered with dark gloves. Another scary looking person the youngsters found inside the house.

Luhan opened his mouth but only a raucous, garbled sound escaped. He was indeed terrified.

 

"You two can never leave this house, not without her permission." The man said in a low voice as he stepped aside and walked away from them.

 

"That was odd." Seohyun remarked and started to step her foot towards the front door. However, Luhan stood still, pulling her hand from stepping any farther and gave her a sad look.

 

"He was right, we can never leave this house."

Seohyun stared at him in dismay and held both his hands gently.

 

"You promised me that we will find a way to escape this house." Seohyun said, looking at him with those teary eyes. Luhan bit the bottom of his lips, unable to look at her in the eye.

 

"We have to find a way out. This place is freaking me out, I don't want to stay even one more minute inside this house." Seohyun continued on, tears slowly pouring down her cheeks.

Luhan was about to reply to her as suddenly the same familiar strong cold air rushed to them again and began to sink deeply into their skins, causing them to shiver in an instant. Seohyun quickly wiped her tears and looked back at Luhan whom his face was now becoming pale, so pale as if she was looking at a white sheet of her bed.

Luhan shivered from the cold air as well as from fear as the feeling of being watched gripped him. He quickly took Seohyun's hand and dragged her to one of the rooms on the first floor.

They burst breathlessly into an empty room and Luhan quickly locked the door, in fear of the old woman who could just step inside the room. 

 

"We could have run to the front door." Seohyun said in anger.

Luhan swiftly covered with his palm to silence her and whispered in her ear.

 

"It's safer inside here..."

As soon as Luhan removed his palm from , Seohyun dropped on her knees, crying silently.

 

 

 

 

Luhan woke up as a harsh light of the morning sun fell on his face. He slowly stood up from his sitting position, surprised to himself that he was able to sleep despite sitting against the wall of this empty cold room. Then his eyes moved to Seohyun who was peering outside the window, presumably observing something.

 

"Hey, Joohyun, what are you doing?" Luhan asked as he approached her and followed her gaze.

 

"That crazy old woman is leaving and you can call me Seohyun by the way." Seohyun quickly replied, not taking her eyes off of the old woman who was seen walking through the old metal gate.

A smile escaped Luhan's lips as he saw that the old woman vanished from their sights.

 

"Today is monday." He exclaimed and Seohyun darted her eyes to him, looking at him with mounting interest.

 

"Monday?" Seohyun wondered. Luhan turned his gaze to the girl beside him and continued to smile.

 

"I remember that old woman always out on monday and she'll be back in hours. While she's gone, we can go to ask Cheol, that servant, how to escape this place." Luhan replied with a grin.

 

"That's the nicest thing I have ever heard so far since I stepped my foot in this scary house!" Seohyun exclaimed happily and pecked his cheek before giving him a hug.

Luhan stood petrified for several seconds until he raised his hand and touched the cheek that Seohyun pecked just a moment ago. A bright smile colouring his features as he ran his hands to hug her back.

His hands were her softly through the thin silk of her nightgown when suddenly Seohyun pulled away from the hug with a flustered face. She just realized that she had been wearing her nightgown this entire time. 

 

"I should go to my room and change." Seohyun quickly said, turning around and ran to the door to unlock it.

 

 

 

 

"What about the other three servants? I heard there are four servants who stay inside this house but I only see Cheol, that old servant." Seohyun said to Luhan as they walked along a narrow corridor to the servants' quarters.

 

"The other three only come at night. I don't know why." Luhan answered with a shrug.

 

"That's bizzare..." Seohyun murmured.

 

"Everything about this house is bizzare." Luhan replied promptly.

And then there was a pause. They walked in silence through the long corridor but occasionally, Seohyun threw glances at him, liking the view beside her. It was like she was staring at a magnificent palace or something wonderful beyond her imagination, but she thought this boy beside her was even more stunning than anything she had ever seen in her life. Not because he's a handsome guy but something inside her that she never felt toward any guy before. It was something new.

But then, something about him suddenly bothered her and she felt like she couldn't face him again if she didn't ask him something that bothered her.

 

"Um, Luhan." Seohyun held Luhan's arm, stopping him from walking. He turned around and stared at her in a way that made her feel nervous. Way too nervous that she almost forgot about the thing she wanted to ask him.

 

"How about your girlfriend?" Seohyun asked, only to earn a weird look from Luhan.

Seohyun took a deep breath before she continued to finish the question.

 

"Why are you agreeing to this marriage when you're already have a girlfriend?" 

Luhan frowned slightly, arching a brow.

 

"Girlfriend? I don't have any girlfriend." He said and Seohyun looked at him flabbergasted as she opened again to say something.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter