Kidnapped

Changed

The cold air that brushed off Sehun’s body made him shivered and conscious again. His head still hurts. When he was just about to open his eyes and began to realise what had happened to him, a slap suddenly lies on his cheek which made him see things more clearer. “Finally, you woke up Officer Oh. Do you have a nice sleep?” A tall Chinese-looking man tilted Sehun’s chin and let go of them harshly. At that very moment, Sehun realised that he was not with Tao anymore, neither in the storage room. When he tried to pull his hands, he felt very painful. He can’t even move both of his legs. He had been tied on a chair tightly.


Sehun’s body shivered again. He could feel that his whole body was wet. The latter that watched all Sehun’s actions from the start smiled creepily. “Feeling cold, Officer Oh? Oh, I’m sorry, you were sleeping like a baby, so I thrown a pail of water towards you, but you still don’t open your eyes. Don’t you realize that you’d made me lose my patience?”  Sehun looked at the figure that stand in front of him. His heart burned.
Sehun’s eyes widened when he looked at the latter. His face was fair, but full of anger and hate. His beauty chocolate sparkling eyes that looked like a crystal reminded Sehun to someone. He was totally dumbfounded. Realizing that Sehun was looking at him weirdly, the tall man shot Sehun a death glare. “I thought that you would at least answer my questions, but you gave me your weird look.” The latter then took a chair and sat in front of Sehun .
Sehun’s mind tried to interpret who was the latter, but his head still felt hurts. Sehun was too tired. “So, Officer Oh, the new police officer in Seoul had come to capture me today. Amazing. It must be that Baekhyun who ordered you to capture me, isn’t it? That Baekhyun!” The latter cursed. “H-How did you know all of this? W-Where were all of my friends?” Sehun asked. He didn’t know how this familiar guy knew everything about his life. There was a dead silence between them.


“L-Luhan? Are you Luhan? Am I talking to that person right now?” Sehun finally broke the silence. He finally confident with his question. Yup, it was Luhan. Sehun’s head tilted up and looked at the latter. Suddenly, Luhan stood up from his chair. He sighed heavily. “I asked you some questions just now but you didn’t even give any respond. Then, you asked me another few questions.” Luhan rubbed his jaw. “Wasn’t that supposed to be rude, Officer Oh?” Luhan made a move towards Sehun. Luhan stepped closer until Sehun can felt Luhan’s breath. “You and that .i.n.g Baekhyun were underestimating me, you young police. Luhan stepped away and shown Sehun his badge. Sehun was mad that Luhan had took his police badge. He started to move himself, hoping that he could escape. “But....” Luhan’s words made Sehun stopped.


“You’re kinda smart because you can figure out my real name. Nobody had even thought about that before. How would you know my real name, smarty? Okay, let’s made this thing short. It does true. My name’s Luhan. Do I knew you before?” Sehun wasn’t really shocked because he really recognized the latter that in front of him now. Really. “Where were my team?” Sehun asked. Luhan shrugged his shoulders. “Well, I don’t even know what I should do with the other rats. I don’t even thought of a way!” Luhan strained his voice.


Sehun tried to remain calm eventhough he felt very bad. Sehun then braved himself to talk to Luhan. He looked at Luhan’s glittery eyes. “I thought that you won’t even hesitated to kill all of us tonight. Well, based on the latest records, your group just killed a businessman and also bribed the judge at the court in order to escape, am I right, the leader of EXO?” Luhan laughed and clapped both of his hands. “Hmm... There’s a little kid in his blue uniform has brought along his gang today to capture me... What am I supposed to do? Ran away like a chicken?” 

Luhan then fastened the rope that used to tie Sehun. Sehun let out a heavy sigh and cried of pain, but Luhan just ignored him. Sehun asked Luhan again, “Where were my friends?!” This time, Sehun yelled. Sweat began to roll down from his forehead, so do Luhan. The situation began worse. “Don’t worry, they’re safe.” That’s all that Luhan answered. He was totally testing Sehun’s patience. Luhan walked around Sehun, Sehun’s hair and pulled them one by one, in order to torture Sehun. The pain was unbearable. Sehun almost lose his patience.


“I don’t trust any of your words.” Sehun spitted towards Luhan and it fell towards Luhan’s face. Sehun felt satisfied but Luhan just gave him a smile and wiped the spit away. Luhan then walked towards Sehun. He hold Sehun’s face. “But why wouldn’t you trust me?” Luhan grinned. “I can’t be trusted or you rats can’t be trusted? Polices... Yes, polices always got the priority, polices are the ones who got all of the praises from the government, being respected by all of the citizens. But actually, you rats are full of dramas! Full of ! All of you are just the same. All of you were always unfair to the people like us. All of you only know how to find people’s fault, but in the same time, all of you acted like you were the hero of the town. Hero of the whole universe! It’s unfair, though. Polices took bribes too! Polices killed innocent peoples too!” Luhan began to lose his control. He smashed his chair onto the floor which made them broke into pieces. The room was then a silence again.


Sehun was totally speechless. ‘What made you changed completely? This totally wasn’t who you really are, Luhan. I knew it was not you.’ Sehun could not believe up until now that the person who kidnapped him, who tortured him and his friends was the person that... The person that once he knew. Sehun watched Luhan as Luhan sat on the floor, pulled his hair harshly. Then, tears began to roll down from his glittery eyes. All he could do was watching all of Luhan’s actions with thousands questions running ut of his mind.


“But why do you hate us? We’re polices are preserving our country’s peace so that people would not live in fear! Without us, our country must be in chaos. Crime would occur everywhere!” Sehun tried to preserve polices’ pride. He wouldn’t let Luhan keeps looking at the bad side of polices because not all of them were the same as what Luhan told him.


Luhan stood up. He balled a fist and smacked the wall. Sehun could see clearly that Luhan’s hands turned red. “Officer Oh, you would never understand my situation. You know nothing! If not because of those .i.n.g little rats, my life won’t be turned upside down like this! My late father, was being arrested when I was seventeen.” Luhan’s tone seemed to slow down. “What did he had done?” Sehun asked, there were sympathy in his voice.


“He was framed. He was being arrested because of the accusation of selling drugs. He... he didn’t done all of those things. He was a very good husband and also a dedicated father to me... Although he was my stepfather...” Luhan’s tears burst out. His cheeks were wet because the tears that rolled down from his eyes. ‘So, this is why you quitted school.’ Suddenly, Sehun’s mind remembered about something, about the incident when he was looking for Luhan at school, but he was nowhere to be found.


Luhan wiped his tears using his plain T-shirt. Sehun hated the tears that came from Luhan. “Our father was our place for us to live in. My mom could not do anything because she suffered of brain tumour while I had to go to the school. After he had gone, I had to quit school and lived with my two brothers and with my sick mother. I’m tired, my two younger brothers kept asking me where did my father had gone and my mom would be crying all of the nights. Not long after that, she ran out of her medicine. I had to do multiple works at one time. But, my salary wasn’t enough. The situation forced me to borrow money from others, including from the gangster group.”  Luhan sat on the floor and slapped himself multiple times. All that Sehun could do was lowered his head and listened to Luhan’s tragic life story.


“One day, the bank officers came to our house and chase us out because we didn’t pay the house rent for months. I cried, I tried to ask them to give us just a few more weeks because my mom couldn’t even walk for a long distance. But, they won’t listen to my words. They still chase us out! Our lives were like hell!” Luhan can’t control himself much longer. He stood up and kicked almost everything in the room.


“Luhan.” Sehun finally said something. Sehun tried to comfort Luhan. Although he knew and he realised the main reason why he got locked and tied in the room was because of Luhan, but he just can’t controlled himself. He really felt sorry for Luhan. Luhan then stood up in front of Sehun and shouted, “Do you know what was more painful?! Do you know?! I had to send both of my younger brothers, which just aged 3 and 5 years old to the orphanage, and up until now, I never knew where were them because the orphanage was on fire a week after I left them. I didn’t even know whether they were still alive or... And, I even sent my mom to the hospital eventhough I didn’t have any money left in my pocket. I had to sleep on the streets until one day, the doctors decided to stop treating my mother because I could not afford to pay her hospital bills. And... She’s gone... Forever...” Luhan looked at Sehun.


“Luhan... Then why do you became a gangster?” Sehun asked Luhan but his head still facing down. Actually, he was crying. He could not imagine if his life were like Luhan. Suddenly, he heard a loud thud on the wall. It was Luhan. He was knocking his head onto the wall. There were some blood started to flow down from his forehead. “I lose my way until one day, the leader of the gangster group attacked me because I didn’t pay their debts. He forced me to join his group and became one of them to pay all of my debts towards them and that’s how all of this started.” Luhan answered Sehun question.


“Since that day, they taught me how to teach people a lesson and I hold the biggest grudge towards all of the cops. I wanted to teach all of you a lesson!” Luhan punched Sehun on his face. Sehun felt the pain, but he still want to make Luhan realised that all that he did was wrong. Sehun sighed before he talked to Luhan “You’re not the same person that I knew before, Luhan. Why you don’t fought for your father justice?” Sehun looked at Luhan’s watery eyes. “I asked you back, Officer Oh. If you were in my shoes, who would listen to you? There’s nothing left for me! No one would listen to me!” Luhan widened his eyes. Both of his eyes were red.


“But why must revenge? Don’t you have another way? Please stop all of this, Forget about the past, could you? I knew that this is definitely not who you really are, Luhan. You’re not the same like the one that I knew before. If you seek for revenge, would both of your parents in the Heaven would be happy with your actions? Were you really sure that you could make them smile again?” Sehun knew that his words may drove Luhan crazier, but, hs intention was just one, to make Luhan stopped all of his wrongdoings. “Please, Luhan... Listen to me this once.” Sehun tried to persuade Luhan. Like the one he had done before. He really wanted Luhan be like the person that he used to be, a happy and a person that always cheered up other person.


Luhan grinned. “Hey, do you really knew me? Who am I to you? And who were you to me? Who were you to talk about my past?” This time, Luhan punched Sehun at his stomach. Sehun cried out of pain. In his pain, Sehun talked to Luhan. There was a nerve in his tone. “I-I beg y-you, Luhan... Maybe you didn’t actually remembered who I am, but I sworn that I really knew you. Y-You’re the gentlest, kind-hearted generous and a very responsible person. You always put others importance more than yourself. I knew you don’t want all of this. But, do you realised that your actions would hurt the people around you? This is not...” Sehun didn’t get to finish his words when Luhan cuts them off. 


“You said that this is not me? Then, who am I? I’m the leader of EXO, the most feared person among the gangsters in the entire Korea! I’m the Blood Hunter, I’d killed countless lives! Nobody deserves to give me an advice! Who were you to stop me? An Angel that came from Heaven?” Luhan whispered to Sehun. Sehun still don’t give up. “Please, Luhan, stop all of this, please...” Tears began to roll down from his eyes. Sehun cried. Not because the pain that Luhan gave him from the outside, but the pain that Luhan gave him from the inside. Sehun stomach still aches because of the punch, but his heart aches a thousand times from the pain. Sehun was totally heartbroken.


Suddenly, Luhan walked towards Sehun. Sehun was shocked for a while when Luhan wiped his tears using both of his thumbs. “Please, Luhan, stop all of this , could you?” He knew that his action maybe making he looked like a coward police officer, but that’s for the best. He wanted this case to end immediately and happily. He didn’t want his first case involved with murder.  Luhan glared at Sehun. “Do you really know about me? D you really know about my life? Was it true? I’m totally depressed, Officer Oh, I didn’t know why I acted like this.” Sehun let out a heavy sigh as a sign of relief. Luhan was almost cooled down.


“But, I will still be arrested, right? Like my late father? That means that EXO will be gone forever! All of the empire that I built all of this while will be destroyed!” Luhan strained his voice. Luhan pulled Sehun’s hair harshly. “You’re lying to me, aren’t you?” Luhan shot Sehun a death glare. He started to lose his control again. “So, do you still want to seek for revenge?! What would you get by doing that?!” Sehun yelled. He tried to untie himself.


“I know that, but at least I would the satisfaction that I wanted! I want my father’s name to be cleared again!” Luhan kicked Sehun’s chair hardly, making him fell onto the floor with his hands and legs were both tied to the chair. Sehun cried in pain. He tried to get up but he just can’t move.


“Do you think you would get the satisfactory that you wanted, Luhan? You won’t! It would only make you felt guilty! You will suffer for the rest of your life!” Sehun shouted at the top of his lungs. Luhan stepped on Sehun’s tied hands. “How would you know? All of those .i.n.g a.s.s would never felt guilty to anyone!” Sehun’s pain was unbearable. With the pain that really hurt him right now, Sehun still didn’t give up. “Lis-L-Listen to me, L-Luhan. T-Th-Think about t-the people t-that you l-love, t-the people t-that loves y-you... Re-Remember your fa-family...” Sehun breathe heavily. He totally loosens his stamina.
Luhan smiled. When Sehun saw Luhan’s smile, he felt weird because that wasn’t his fake smile, but actually Luhan was giving him his sweetest smile. The smile that Sehun really missed and never get bored of. Not long after that, Luhan  walked towards the wall and knocked his head multiple times , worse than before. The loud thud on the wall made Sehun tried to stop Luhan. Luhan’s forehead was bleeding continuously. “Stop it, Luhan! You’re just hurting yourself!” Then, Luhan stopped.


Sehun finally felt at ease when Luhan stopped his actions. But, he just can’t stand looking at Luhan’s condition at that time. He felt weird because suddenly Luhan stood up in front of him and smiled again. Not long after that, Luhan helped Sehun to get up and untie him. All that Sehun could do was followed all Luhan’s actions and look at his face. The blood still didn’t stop flowing from his forehead making Luhan’s face was stained with blood. Sehun was totally puzzled.


“Why did you set me free, Luhan? I thought that you would...” Sehun couldn’t continue his sentences when Luhan shut his mouth. “I finally realised that all that happened to my life all of this while was not your fault. None of this were your fault. Please, let me set you free.” Sehun stared at Luhan’s beautiful eyes. He still couldn’t believe what he had heard just now. Sehun then moved towards Luhan. “Do you really meant all of this? After all that you’d done towards me and my friends, now you just let us go? Just like that? Then, what would you do next? Do you want to escape just like that?!” This time, Sehun shouted towards Luhan.


Luhan then stood up. He looked at the shorter latter. “Just go. I know what I should do next. Don’t worry, I won’t escape. Just take this key and freed all of your friends. They’re at the next room.” Luhan pushed Sehun away and handed the keys to him. Sehun looked at Luhan confusingly. He tried to wipe the blood that stained Luhan’s face, but, as he stepped forward, Luhan stepped farther and pushed him away. 

 

Sehun finally walked towards the door. He wanted to see what Luhan would do next. As a police, he still need to done his work, he still needed to capture Luhan, no matter how he meant a lot to him. A loud thud on the wall made Sehun turned back. Luhan was knocking his head onto the wall, harder this time. There was a lot of blood spilled onto the floor. Sehun could see that Luhan’s body was shivering. Sehun ran towards Luhan and drawn him away from the wall. Sehun gave Luhan a backhug. Now, both of them sat on the floor. Sehun hugged Luhan tightly.


“Luhan, do you want to kill yourself? Death would never solve anything.” Sehun whispered to Luhan. Unfortunately, Luhan pushed him away. His body were still shivering. “Let me do whatever I wanted to! I wanna die! Let me followed both of my parents to the heaven! Does it still not enough, Officer Oh?! I’ve set you free? Ain’t I?! What more do you want?!” Sehun was totally shocked. He could not believe that Luhan was very mad at him.


“Luhan.” Sehun approached Luhan but Luhan finally pushed him away, making Sehun fell onto the ground. “You polices never understand my condition! Stop pretending like you understands me!” At that very moment, the door room opened. It was being broke down by Officer Chanyeol. There were the three of them. They brought along their guns. Sehun was totally puzzled and still dumbfounded. He felt that all of this happened too fast for him.


“We’re the police, please put down all of your weapons! Raise up both of your hands!” One of the polices, Jongin yelled. Luhan wiped the blood that flowed from his forehead and spitted onto the floor. Luhan yelled, “All of you are .i.n.g a.s.s.h.o.l.e! You polices are full of !” Sehun moved backwards. Officer Chanyeol still aimed his gun towards Luhan while Jongin and Yifan moved towards Luhan to capture him. There was a fight among them. Sehun also helped them. The situation began worse when Luhan managed to take the gun from Jongin’s pocket. Luhan shot a bullet towards the ceiling. There was a loud bang in the warehouse. Chanyeol set the of his gun, ready to shoot Luhan. Jongin, Yifan and Sehun moved away.


“Bang!!” A loud noise made the four of them shocked. It wasn’t Chanyeol who shot Luhan, but it was Luhan himself. He shot himself at his head before Chanyeol could even shoot him. Luhan’s body fell onto the floor. A pool of blood began to form on the floor. Luhan’s dead. He’s gone, forever. Jongin, Yifan and Chanyeol let out a heavy sigh. They were glad because the case was over. The leader of EXO had gone. But not for Sehun, for him, that day was the most tragic day in his life. He never felt very sad like what he felt right now. 


“Officer Oh, luckily we came at the right time.” Yifan stated as he patted Sehun’s shoulder. Sehun just ignored him. His mind was totally blank. He couldn’t do nothing at all other than staring at the dead body. “Sehun, now, the leader of EXO had gone, so we don’t have to worry anymore. The members must have nowhere to go after this. As a conclusion, our mission tonight was a big success.” Officer Chanyeol stood up next to Sehun. Realising that Sehun wasn’t giving him any positive respond, Chanyeol looked at Sehun confusingly. “Officer Oh? Sehun? Are you okay?”


Sehun pushed Chanyeol away and ran towards the dead body. He hugged Luhan. He cried for Luhan’s name multiple times, making Chanyeol, Yifan and Jongin confused. “L-Luhan, Luhan... Please, wake up...” Tears bursted from Sehun’s eyes. Jongin tried to pull Sehun away, but Sehun refused to leave. Sehun didn’t care if the blood that came out from Luhan’s dead body stained his uniform, he was just too sad to admit that Luhan was gone, forever. His cried became louder. “Luhan, I’m sorry... I didn’t know about your past... I-I know that you’d gone through a lot of problems in your life. I understand you. You’ve hurted me, Luhan! You left me alone!” Sehun shook Luhan’s body. Luhan’s face had turned white.


“I will never forget your smile, your beautiful eyes...” Sehun hugged the dead body again. He kissed Luhan’s pale lips and whisphered to his ears, “I hope this was just a dream, Luhan. I’m right here for you.” Sehun cried throughout the night, until the ambulance and Chief Inspector Baekhyun arrived. Nobody even bothered to ask Sehun what had happened to him because Sehun loses his control and fainted at the scene, next to Luhan. Before he closed his eyes, he hold on to Luhan’s hands and whisphered, “I love you, Luhan.”