one

Now sleep
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Papa?”

 

Baekhyun looks up from the book he was reading. “Kyungsoo? Is there something wrong?”

 

Eight year old Kyungsoo who was standing in the doorway while clutching his brown teddy bear, enters the room and stands infront of his papa. “Can I sleep here tonight papa?”

 

“Of course you can. Come here baby.” He pats the space beside him.

 

Kyungsoo settles down happily beside Baekhyun and snuggles close to him not forgetting to make his teddy Jongin comfortable.

 

After putting away the book, Baekhyun snuggles the boy while petting his hair to start lulling him to sleep. “Did my baby Kyungsoo have a nightmare?”

 

Kyungsoo nods his head and snuggles closer to his papa and with a slight quivering voice he says “There was a big dinosaur with sharp teeth and sharp claws papa! It was trying to eat me but I ran as fast as I could. Papa, it was so scary! Uncle Jongdae said that if I dream of big dinosaurs it means I was a bad boy. Am I a bad boy papa?”

 

Baekhyun replies with a voice of disbelief playing along “Who says my baby Kyungsoo is a bad boy? You are not a bad boy Kyungsoo. You are an angel. My little baby is an angel so shhh… There’s nothing to be afraid of now. Papa is here and will fend off that scary dinosaur. No one dares to hurt my precious baby Kyungsoo.”

 

The little boy giggles and yawns right after. “Okay! Papa promises, right?”

 

Baekhyun smiles at this “Papa promises. Now sleep. You still have school tomorrow.”

 

“Mmmm… And papa?”

 

“Yes baby?”

 

“Where’s daddy?”

 

Baekhyun checks the clock on the bedside table. It is quarter to ten and his husband is yet to come home.

 

“Daddy will be back home soon okay? Now sleep sleep.”

 

“Can we wait for daddy to come home and then I’ll go to sleep? Papa needs to kiss daddy goodnight and Kyungsoo and teddy Jongin needs to say goodnight too.” Kyungsoo whines in his cute little voice while staring up at his papa with his big doe eyes.

 

Baekhyun chuckles at the cuteness in front of him and pinches his cheek because how can you just resist Kyungsoo.

 

“Okay, but I bet you your gummy bears that you will fall asleep by the time he comes home.”

 

“Heeeey... Papa~ That’s unfair! Why my gummy bears!”

 

“Why? I like your gummy bears!”

 

“No! Gummy bears are mine papa! You can just bet on my polkadoted pink sweater  Uncle Jongdae gave me. That sweater doesn’t suit me at all anyway. It’s too girly for my taste.”

 

Baekhyun gives out a hearty laugh at that. That was too adorable of his Kyungsoo. “Okay. Okay. I bet on the polkadoted pink sweat

Please log in to read the full chapter